Are you about starting a rock chip repair business? If YES, here is a complete sample rock chip repair business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE. Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a rock chip repair business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample rock chip repair marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for rock chip repair companies. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Table of Content
- 2. Executive Summary
- 5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6. SWOT Analysis
- 7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Why Start a Rock Chip Repair Business?
Businesses like rock chip repair readily come to mind whenever one has a chip or crack in his or her windshield. Rock chip repair business is a profitable business because the tendency for windshields to get cracked or dented when one drives is high especially if you live in a certain region.
This type of business is open to interested entrepreneurs and good enough, a rock chip repair business does not need significant investment capital, but you would definitely need solid planning, and attention to details when carrying out your job.
As it is with similar businesses, the demand for rock chip repair services is anchored to the number of cars with damaged windshields, and usually this service declines during recession/economic downturn due to declining household spending on automobile maintenance especially body related repair. As the economy grows and income increases, there will be corresponding increase in the demand for rock chip repair services.
So, if you have decided to start your own rock chip repair business, then you should ensure that you carry out feasibility studies and also market survey. This will enable you properly locate the business in a good location; a location with people who own automobiles and who are prone to having their windshields damaged. Business plan is another very important business document that you should not take for granted when launching your business.
Below is a sample rock chip repair business plan template that can help you to successfully write your own with little or no difficulty.
A Sample Rock Chip Repair Business Plan Template
1. Industry Overview
Rock chip repair business which is popularly called auto windshield repair business is a business that is into the replacing, repairing and tinting of glass components of automotive vehicles. These automobiles include passenger cars, trucks and vans, and this industry does not include companies that offer repair services for automotive vehicles.
The Auto Windshield Repair Services industry experienced growth over the five years to 2016. Revenue growth experienced volatility during the five-year period, thanks to conflicting trends that have created mixed demand for industry operators. For instance, amid the economic recovery that slowly took hold, more consumers opted to purchase newer vehicles.
With improved safety features that decrease the likelihood of a car crash, new car sales severely hampered revenue growth during the early half of the five-year period. Revenue is expected to continue increasing over the five years to 2022. Rising disposable income and a declining trend in new car sales is expected to increase the average age of the vehicle fleet.
The Auto Windshield Repair Services industry will continue to experience growth in all parts of the world especially in developed countries. Statistics has it that in the united states of America alone, there are about 18,575 licensed and registered auto windshield repair services responsible for employing about 39,467 employees and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $5 billion annually with an annual growth rate projected at 3.8 percent. Belron happens to be the company with the lion share of the available market in the industry.
A recent report published by IBISWorld reveals that the Auto Windshield Repair industry is primarily affected by the number of older vehicles in need of repair due to wear and tear, the propensity for automotive accidents and available per capita disposable income.
Despite an increase in the average age of light vehicles (i.e. passenger cars and light trucks), higher levels of disposable income (which have spurred new car sales) and decreasing crime rates have stunted the industry’s growth.
Nevertheless, many consumers who put off vehicle repairs, cosmetic or otherwise, also have taken advantage of the rosier economic outlook and have increased demand for industry operators, buoying growth as new car sales cut into overall demand.
Over and above, rock chip repair and auto detailing businesses all over the world are still enjoying good patronage particularly if they are well positioned and if they know how to reach out to their target market.
2. Executive Summary
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is a registered rock chip repair company that will be located in will in Santa Fe – New Mexico and we have been able to secure a well – positioned shop facility in the heart of the city. We chose to launch our business in Santa Fe – New Mexico because we know that our rock chip repair services will be in high demand due to the growing number of automobile owners in this city.
We are well trained to service the market segment that requires rock chip repair services. Although our intention of starting Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is to offer only the above stated services, but we will not close our doors to diversification as long as it does not affect our core services.
We will offer both in-station and out-station services. We have plans of serving both individual and corporate clients which is why we designed various packages.
At Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC we are passionate in the pursuit of excellence with uncompromising services which is why we have decided to start our own rock chip repair business. We are quite optimistic that our values and quality of service offering will help us drive our rock chip repair business to enviable heights and also help us attract the number of clients that will make the business highly profitable.
We are quite aware that in order to become the number one choice in our city, we must continue to deliver quality services. We are open to the use of latest technology in the rock chip repair industry. Our excellent customer service and the quality of services we offer will position us to always welcome repeated customers and handle massive deals from both government agencies and transport and haulage giants.
Our client’s best interest will always come first, and everything we do will be guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely.
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is owned and managed by Collins McQueen and his immediate family members. He has the required expertise and experience to build a company that will grow to become one of the leaders in the industry.
3. Our Products and Services
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is a standard rock chip repair company that offers services that revolve around the rock chip cum auto windshield repair industry. Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC will offer services such as;
- Windshield repair and replacement for light trucks
- Windshield repair and replacement for cars
- Windshield repair and replacement for other vehicles
- Tinting glass in automotive vehicles
- Merchandise sales
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our Vision is to become the number one rock chip repair company in the whole of Santa Fe – New Mexico with active presence in major cities in the United States of America.
- Our mission as a rock chip repair company is to develop a highly successful, profitable all round rock chip repair business which provides quality services in our community and to become a standard for an ideal rock chip repair business not only in New Mexico but also throughout the United States of America.
Our Business Structure
We are quite aware that the success of any business lies in the foundation on which the business is built on, which is why we have decided to build our rock chip repair company on the right business foundation.
As a matter of fact, we are set out to build a rock chip repair business that will be a standard for the rock chip repair line of business in the United States of America. We want to build a business of dedicated workforce who will go all the way to ensure that our customers are satisfied and they get value for their money.
We aware that it takes a business with the right employees and structure to achieve all what we have set to achieve, which is why will be putting structures and processes in place that will help us deliver excellent services and run the business on auto pilot. The success of our rock chip repair business will be anchored on the team not on any individual.
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC will employ professionals to occupy the following position;
- Manager (Owner)
- Marketing and Sales Executive
- Client Service Executive
- Rock Chips/Auto Windshield Repair Technicians (6)
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals and payment of salaries
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the organization
- Ensures that the facility is in tip top shape and conducive enough to welcome customers
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out induction for new team members
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Regularly hold meetings with key stakeholders (clients and member of the board) to review the effectiveness of the business Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
Marketing and Sales Executive
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new clients, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts
- Writes winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with organizations’ policy
- Responsible for handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for the organization
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC
- Serves as internal auditor for Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC.
Client Service Executive
- Welcomes clients and visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
Rock Chip Repair Technicians (6):
- In charge of handling windshield repair and replacement for light trucks
- Responsible for handling windshield repair and replacement for cars
- Responsible for handling windshield repair and replacement for other vehicles
- Responsible for handling tinting glass in automotive vehicles
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the manager.
6. SWOT Analysis
Our plan of starting our rock chip repair business covering clients within Santa Fe – New Mexico is to test run the business for a period of three to six years to know if we will invest more money, expand the business and then open other outlets all over major towns in New Mexico.
We are quite aware that there are several rock chip repair shops all over Santa Fe – New Mexico and even in the same location where we intend locating ours, which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business.
We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be equipped to confront our threats.
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in the auto industry to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a Business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives.
This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC;
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is centrally located in a densely populated industrial and residential estate in Santa Fe – New Mexico; our location is in fact one of our major strength. We have a well – equipped state of the art rock chip repair business and we are one of the very few rock chip repair companies in the whole of Santa Fe – New Mexico that offers a wide range of services. Another strength that counts for us is the power of our workforce and management. We have a team of experts when it comes to rock chip repair services.
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is a new business that is owned by an individual, and we may not have the financial muscle to sustain the kind of publicity we want to give our business. As a new business, we are also quite aware that it will take time for us to build trust with our clients.
The opportunities available to us are enormous especially as operators continuously struggle with ongoing improvements in windshield safety, older vehicles increase the likelihood of necessary repairs and the fact that the number of motor vehicle registrations is expected to increase, benefiting the industry.
We are centrally located in one of the busiest areas in Santa Fe – New Mexico and we are open to all the available opportunities that the city has to offer. Our business concept also positioned us to be a one stop shop in the rock chip repair line of business.
The truth is that there are no standard rock chip repair businesses within the area where ours is going to be located; the closest rock chip repair company to our proposed location is about 2 miles away, so we do not have any direct competition within our target market area.
The number of new cars purchased instead of old ones may limit growth among industry players, and as the economy continues improving, consumers will be more likely to spend money on replacement rather than repairing their windshield when it gets cracked.
Some other threats that are likely going to confront Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is unfavorable government policies, seasonal fluctuations, demographic / social factors, downturn in the economy which is likely going to affect consumer spending and of course emergence of new competitors within the same location where ours is located.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The market for rock chip repair services is driven by the purchase of cars and the increase in consumers’ spending – in essence, as the economy of a country grows, more people will buy cars and more people will patronize the services of rock chip repair businesses especially if their driving habits encourage them to do so.
Rock chip businesses respond to the increase in household spending and also increase in the volume of cars in a particular area or city.
The trend in the rock chip repair industry is that most companies, in the bid to survive the recent global economic meltdown included additional services to their core service offerings. It is the practice for most rock chip repair companies to include replacing and tinting glass in automotive vehicles. It is much easier for rock chip repair companies to increase their revenue by diversifying as against increasing the scope of their market.
8. Our Target Market
Prior to choosing a location for our rock chip repair business, we conducted our feasibility studies and market survey and we were able to identify those who will benefit greatly from our service offerings.
Those who will benefit from our service offering are households, transport companies, haulage companies and government agencies with fleet of cars. Below is a list of the people and organizations that our rock chip repair service is designed for;
- The public sector; government ministries, agencies and parastatals.
- Organized private sector
- Corporate Executives
- Business People
- Car Dealership Shops
- Taxi and car rental company
- Transport Companies
- Haulage Companies
Our Competitive Advantage
Top on the list when it comes to the competitive advantages that we will be bringing to the fray are our provision of superior service, maintenance of excellent customer relations and having a good reputation.
Rock chip repair service is an easy to set up business that does not require formal training; anybody can set the business up if they have the required startup capital. It means that the possibility of other rock chip repair services springing up in the location where ours is located is high. We are aware of this which is why we came up with a business concept that will position us to become the leader in Santa Fe – New Mexico.
We can confidently say that the location of our rock chip repair business will definitely count as a positive for us. For the time being, Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC has no real competitors that can match compete with the quality of services we offer.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the rock chip repair and auto windshield industry and we are going to go all the way out to ensure that we do all it takes to attract clients on a regular basis.
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC will generate income by offering the following services:
- Windshield repair and replacement for light trucks
- Windshield repair and replacement for cars
- Windshield repair and replacement for other vehicles
- Tinting glass in automotive vehicles
We are also open to generate income from other related services as long as it falls within the scope of the industry we are operating in.
10. Sales Forecast
One thing is certain, there would always be clients who own cars who would need the services of rock chip repair companies.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Santa Fe – New Mexico and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income from our first six months of operation and grow our business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine the rock chip repair market, we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projections are based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to similar startups in Santa Fe – New Mexico.
- First Fiscal Year: $200,000
- Second Fiscal Year: $450,000
- Third Fiscal Year: $700,000
N.B: This projection was done based on what is obtainable in the rock chip repair industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
The marketing strategy adopted by Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is going to be driven by excellent customer service, honesty and quality service delivery. We will ensure that we build a loyal customer base. We want to drive sales via the output of our jobs and via referral from our satisfied customers. We are quite aware of how satisfied customers drive business growth especially businesses like rock chip repair services.
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is a business that is strategically located and we are going to maximize on the opportunities that are available to us which is why we spent more to site the business in a location that will be visible and enable us to access our target market.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets and the overall goal of Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC.
Our goal is to grow Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC to become the leading rock chip repair services company in Santa Fe – New Mexico which is why we have mapped out strategies that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to reckon with in the rock chip repair industry.
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Introduce our rock chip repair services business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to corporate organizations, transport and logistics companies, households and key stake holders in Santa Fe – New Mexico
- Print out fliers and business cards and strategically drop them in offices, libraries, public facilities and train stations et al.
- Use friends and family to spread word about our business
- Post information about our company and the services we offer on bulletin boards in places like schools, libraries, and local coffee shops et al
- Place a small or classified advertisement in the newspaper, or local publication about our company and the services we offer
- Leverage on referral networks such as agencies that will attract clients who would need our customized services
- Advertise our rock chip repair services company in relevant magazines, newspapers, TV and radio stations.
- Attend relevant expos, seminars, and business fairs et al to market our services
- Engage in direct marketing approach
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied students
- Join local chambers of commerce and industry to market our services.
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is set to create a standard for rock chip repair businesses in Santa Fe – New Mexico which is why we will go all the way to adopt and apply best practices to promote our business.
Good enough there is no hard and fast rule on how to advertise or promote a rock chip repair business. The only challenge is that most rock chip repair companies do not have the required money to pump into publicity and advertising.
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to advertise Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC;
- Encourage our loyal customers to help us use word of mouth mode of advertisement (referrals)
- Advertise our rock chip repair business in relevant magazines, local newspaper, local TV and radio stations
- Promote our business online via our official website
- List our business on local directories (yellow pages)
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, twitter, et al to promote our brand
- Install our billboards in strategic locations in and around Santa Fe – New Mexico
- Direct coupon mailing approach
- Engage in roadshows from time to time in target communities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
12. Our Pricing Strategy
Our pricing system is going to be based on what is obtainable in the rock chip repair industry, we don’t intend to charge more and we don’t intend to charge less than our competitors are offering in Santa Fe – New Mexico.
Be that as it may, we have put plans in place to offer discount services once in a while and also to reward our loyal customers especially when they refer clients to us. The prices of our services will be the same as what is obtainable in the open market throughout the United States’ market.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC will make available to her clients;
- Payment with cash
- Payment via Point of Sale Machine (POS)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for our services without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
We have been able to pull cash that will be enough for us to successfully launch a standard rock chip repair services company in Santa Fe – New Mexico. These are the key areas where we will spend our startup capital on;
- The total fee for registering the Business – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $1,500.
- Marketing promotion expenses (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- The cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,000.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $30,800.
- The cost of accounting software, CRM software and Payroll Software – $3,000
- The cost for leasing standard facility- $60,000.
- The cost for facility remodeling – $6,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $1000
- Phone and utility deposits – $3,500
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory – $5,000
- The cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- The cost for rock chip repair equipment – $5,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Credit card machine, POS, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost of launching a website – $600
- The cost for our grand opening part – $1,500
- Miscellaneous – $5,000
Going by the report from the market research and feasibility studies conducted, we will need about one hundred fifty thousand (150,000) U.S. dollars to successfully set up a standard rock chip repair services company.
Generating Startup capital for Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is a business that will be owned and managed by Collins McQueen and his immediate family members. They are the sole financiers of the business which is why they decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital for the business to just three major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our startup capital;
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the startup capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $50,000 (Personal savings $40,000 and soft loan from family members $10,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $100,000 from our bank. All the papers and documents have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the number of loyal customers that they have, the capacity and competence of their employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business, then it won’t be too long before the business closes shop.
One of our major goals of starting Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running. We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to offer our rock chip repair services a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Collins McQueen® Rock Chip Repair Services, LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our organizations’ corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Acquiring facility and remodeling the facility: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Application for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Printing of Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed rock chip repair tools and accessories: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: Completed
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and in the neighborhood: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party planning: In Progress