Do you want to start a sandwich delivery company? If YES, here is a detailed sample sandwich delivery business plan template & FREE feasibility report. The truth is that anyone can start a sandwich delivery business. You can start by becoming a middle man between major fast food restaurants that mass-make sandwiches and retailers or consumers. The sandwich delivery services business doesn’t require any expertise or know-how, and any serious – minded entrepreneur is likely to make good profit out of this business.
A sandwich delivery business involves delivering different types of sandwiches to your clients; it could be retailers or end users (consumers). With this type of business, you can choose to own a kitchen or fast food restaurant if you have the financial capacity to or you can choose to operate without a restaurant. The bottom line is that you should know how to source for different types of sandwiches and how to get them delivered to your customers.
A Sample Sandwich Delivery Service Business Plan Template
Table of Content
- 2. Executive Summary
- 5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6. SWOT Analysis
- 7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
1. Industry Overview
A sandwich is a dish consisting of one or more pieces of bread with one or more fillings between them, or one slice in the case of an open sandwich. Sandwiches are a common type of lunch food often eaten as part of a packed lunch. Sandwich delivery services business is a subset of the Sandwich and Sub Store Franchises/Restaurant industry and the industry has managed to excel during the past five years right through the recovery.
Keeping consumers’ appetites satisfied, sandwich and sub store franchises have created new menu options that capitalize on the increasing awareness of the health risks associated with a high – fat diet. The industry has also thrived by developing products at price points attractive enough to weather the slow recovery, resulting in strong revenue growth.
The Sandwich and Sub Store Franchises/Restaurant industry is a thriving sector of the economy of the united states which generates over billion annually from more than 26,740 registered sandwich and sub stores. The industry is responsible for the employment of over 518,188 people.
Experts project The Sandwich and Sub Store Franchises industry to grow at a 2.4 percent annual rate. Jimmy Johns and Subway are the leaders in The Sandwich and Sub Store Franchises industry, they have the lion market share in the industry.
The sandwich delivery services line of business has minimal barriers to entry, with low startup capital and no specific licensing requirements. The majority of sandwich shops operate as non – employers and the capital costs of establishing retail outlets are not substantial relative to many other retail industries, such as department stores.
On the other hand, the high level of competition and market saturation in a declining industry can prove challenging to aspiring entrepreneurs who want to start their own sandwich shop – business. Most players in the sandwich business are small – to medium – sized establishments that cater to the local community.
With this kind of business, if you want to start on a small scale, you can choose to start it as a part time business from your home. All you need are contacts, business cards and good marketing and customer service skills. However, if you intend starting full-time, then you should consider renting a shop in an area that is prone to high human and vehicular traffic and then purchase the needed vans or delivery bikes et al.
In conclusion, the sandwich delivery services business is indeed a profitable business venture and it is open for any aspiring entrepreneur to come in and establish his or her business.
2. Executive Summary
Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC is a registered sandwich delivery business that will operate in and around Santa Fe – New Mexico. We have been able to lease a facility that will fit into the kind of business that we intend launching and the facility is centrally located in the heart of town with easy delivery network.
Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC will deliver a wide range of sandwiches. We are a company that is cultured with top notch customer service and our deliveries will be timely and highly reliable. We know that our customers are the reason why we are in business which is why we will go the extra mile to get them satisfied when they order sandwiches from us.
We have a CRM software that will enable us manage a one on one relationship with our customers no matter how large our customer base may grow to. Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible.
We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely. Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC is owned by Spiff Johnsons. Mr. Johnson has a B.Sc. in Marketing, with over 13 years’ experience in the fast food restaurant industry, working for some of the leading brands in the United States.
3. Our Products and Services
Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC is in the sandwich delivery business and we will ensure we go all the way to make available a wide range of sandwiches in the United States. We will be involved in the delivery of different types of sandwiches.
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to become the leading brand in the sandwich delivery line of business in the whole of Santa Fe – New Mexico.
- Our mission is to establish a sandwich delivery business that will make available a wide range of sandwiches at affordable prices to consumers in Santa Fe and other cities in the United States of America.
Our Business Structure
Our intention of starting a sandwich delivery services business is to build a standard delivery service in Santa Fe – New Mexico. We will ensure that we put the right structures in place that will support the kind of growth that we have in mind while setting up the business.
We will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, honest, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders. As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of ten years or more.
In view of that, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions that will be made available at Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Kitchen Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Information Technologist
- Customer Services Executive
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Reports to the board
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office activities.
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the Kitchen
- Ensures that proper records of goods are kept and our kitchen does not run out of products
- Ensures that the kitchen facility is in tip top shape and goods are properly arranged and easy to locate
- Controls goods distribution and supply inventory
- Supervises the workforce in the warehouse.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
- Manages the organization website
- Handles ecommerce aspect of the business
- Responsible for installing and maintenance of computer software and hardware for the organization
- Manages logistics and supply chain software, Web servers, e-commerce software and POS (point of sale) systems
- Manages the organization’s CCTV
- Handles any other technological and IT related duties.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Client Service Executive
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with customers on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the human resources and admin manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to customers when they make enquiries
Distribution Truck Drivers
- Assists in loading and unloading of sandwiches meant for delivery
- Maintains a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators.
- Keeps a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment
- Assists the transport and logistics manager in planning their route according to a delivery schedule.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Obeys truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Collects and verifies delivery instructions
- Reports defects, accidents or violations
6. SWOT Analysis
Our intention of choosing to deliver sandwiches only within Santa Fe – New Mexico is to test run the business for a period of 3 to 5 years to know if we will invest more money, expand the business and then start our sandwich delivery services all around the state of New Mexico and the United States of America.
We are quite aware that there are several fast food restaurants all over Santa Fe and even in the same location where we intend locating ours, which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business.
We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be equipped to confront our threats.
Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in retailing to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a Business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives.
This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC;
We have been able to partner with major sandwiches production brands and also, we have what it takes to manage a large sandwich distribution network that cut across major cities; these are some of the strengths of our business.
A major weakness that may count against us is the fact that we are a new sandwich delivery business and for now, we don’t have our own standard fast food kitchen hence when we have large order we will depend on sandwiches prepared by a third party to be able to continue to do business.
The fact that we are going to be operating our sandwich delivery services business in one of the largest estates with the right demography in Santa Fe – New Mexico provides us with unlimited opportunities to sell to a large number of people.
We have been able to conduct thorough feasibility studies and market survey and we know what our clients will be looking for when they patronize our services; we are well positioned to take on the opportunities that will come our way.
Just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face is economic downturn. It is a fact that economic downturn affects purchasing/spending power. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a new fast food restaurant or retail outlet that are also into sandwich delivery.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
A notable trend in the sandwich delivery industry shows that per capita sandwich consumption represents consumer demand for sandwich. Sandwich consumption is usually stable because foods like fruits and vegetables are considered staples of the US diet. However, per capita sandwich consumption is expected to decrease in the coming year, representing a potential threat to the industry.
It is now a common phenomenon for businesses that are into delivery of products to leverage on technology to effectively predict consumer demand patterns and to strategically position their business to meet their needs; in essence, the use of technology helps sandwich delivery companies to maximize supply chain efficiencies. No doubt data collected from customers goes a long way to help a business.
As a matter of fact, keeping consumers’ appetites satisfied, fast food restaurants / sandwich delivery services businesses have created new menu options that capitalize on the trend of increasing awareness of the health risks associated with a high – fat diet.
The industry has also thrived by developing products at price points attractive enough to weather the slow recovery, resulting in strong revenue growth. These trends are expected to continue and contribute to revenue growth going forward.
8. Our Target Market
We have positioned our sandwich delivery service to service the residents of Santa Fe – New Mexico and every other location we will be located all over the state of New Mexico. We have conducted our market research and we have ideas of what our target market would be expecting from us.
We are in business to retail and delivery different types of sandwiches to the following groups of people;
- Hotels and restaurants
- Schools (Dormitory)
Part of what is going to count as competitive advantage for Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC is the vast experience of our management team, we have people on board who are highly experienced and understands how to grow business from the scratch to becoming a national phenomenon.
So also, closeness to some of the largest sandwich production companies, our large and far reaching national distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for us.
Last of all, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and objectives. We will also give good working conditions and commissions to freelance sales agents that we will recruit from time to time.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC is in business to deliver a wide range of sandwiches to businesses and the residents of Santa Fe – New Mexico. We are in the sandwich delivery industry to maximize profits and we are going to ensure that we achieve or business goals and objectives.
In essence, our source of income will be the delivery of different types of sandwiches such as;
- Two slices of bread with other ingredients between
- Two halves of a baguette or roll with other ingredients between
- Club sandwich
- Hero, hoagie, or submarine sandwich
- Open-faced sandwich
- Pocket sandwich
10. Sales Forecast
One thing is certain when it comes to delivery business, if you are good with preparing different types of sandwiches, coupled with effective and reliable delivery services and network, you will always attract customers.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Santa Fe – New Mexico and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income/profits from the first six months of operation and grow the business and our clientele base.
We have been able to examine the sandwiches delivery business and we have analyze our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. Below are the sales projections for Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC, it is based on the location of our business and other factors as it relates to other startups in the United States;
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): $120,000
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): $350,000
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): $650,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same delivery services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Prior to choosing a location for Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC, we conduct a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to penetrate the available market and become the preferred choice for retail outlets, businesses and residents of Santa Fe – New Mexico. We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the number of customers we want to attract per time.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the sandwich delivery industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a larger percentage of the available market in Santa Fe.
In summary, Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to win customers over;
- Introduce our sandwich delivery services business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to retailers, organizations, households and key stake holders in Santa Fe – New Mexico
- Ensure that we have a wide range of sandwiches at all times.
- Make use of attractive hand bills to create awareness our business
- Position our signage/flexi banners at strategic places around Santa Fe – New Mexico
- Create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our regular customers
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Regardless of the fact that our sandwich delivery services business is well located, we will still go ahead to intensify publicity for the business.
Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC has a long – term plan of expanding our delivery services all around New Mexico and subsequently the United States of America which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted in Santa Fe before venturing out.
As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for winning customers over but to effectively communicate our brand so as to become a household name. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC;
- Place adverts on community – based newspapers, radio and TV stations.
- Encourage the use of word of mouth publicity from our loyal customers
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Google+ and other platforms to promote our business.
- Ensure that our we position our banners and billboards in strategic positions all around Santa Fe – New Mexico
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas in and around our neighborhood
- Advertise our sandwich delivery services business in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site
- Brand all our official cars and distribution vans and ensure that all our staff members wear our branded shirt or cap at regular intervals.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
Our prices will conform to what is obtainable in the industry but will ensure that within the first 6 to 12 months our products are sold a little bit below the average price. We have put in place business strategies that will help us run on low profits for a period of 6 months; it is a way of encouraging people to buy into our business and subsequently become our loyal customers.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC will make available to her clients;
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards
- Payment via POS machines
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our clients make payment for sandwiches ordered and delivered without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
When it comes to starting a standard sandwich delivery services business, one is expected to spend the bulk of their startup capital on renting a store/kitchen facility. Aside from that, you are expected to purchase distribution vans, pay your employees and utility bills.
In view of that, here are the key areas where we will spend our startup capital;
- The total fee for registering the business in the United States of America – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $3,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- The cost for hiring business consultant – $2,500.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- The cost for payment of rent for 12 months at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $46,000.
- The cost for kitchen remodeling (construction of racks and shelves) – $5,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $60,000
- The cost for start-up inventory (stocking with a wide range of sandwich ingredients and packaging materials) – $30,000
- The cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- The cost of purchase and installation of CCTVs, and car tracker devices – $5,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost for the purchase of delivery vans – $15,000
- The cost of launching a Website – $600
- Miscellaneous – $10,000
We would need an estimate of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($150,000) to successfully set up our sandwich deliver services business in Santa Fe – New Mexico.
Generating Funds/Startup Capital for Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC
Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC is owned and financed by Spiff Johnsons and his immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partners which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our startup capital;
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from the bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $50,000 (Personal savings $40,000 and soft loan from family members $10,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $100,000 from our bank. All the papers and documents have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Part of the plans we have in place to sustain Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC is to ensure that we continue to make available a wide range of sandwiches, deliver quality services, improvise on how to do things faster and cheaper. We are not going to relent in providing conducive environment for our workers and also the required trainings that will help them deliver excellent services at all times.
From our findings, another factor that kills a new business is financial leakages. In order to plug financial leakages, the management of Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC adopted the use of payment machine and accounting software to run the business.
We are quite aware that our customers are key components to the growth and survival of our business hence we are going to continuously engage them to give us ideas on how to serve them better. We will not waste time in adopting new technology, best practices and diversifying our services.
Spiff Johnsons® Sandwich Delivery Company, LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and retraining of our workforce is at the top burner.
We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and remodeling the kitchen: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Printing of Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Purchase of distribution vans: Completed
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Establishing business relationship with sandwich max – production companies, vendors and other key stakeholders: In Progress
- What are the Rules and Regulations for Living in a Group Home? - September 14, 2021
- What is the Cost Per Person to Live in a Group Home? - September 14, 2021
- What Certifications are Needed to Open a Group Home? - September 14, 2021