Are you about starting a window cleaning business? If YES, here’s a complete sample window cleaning business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE to raise money.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a window cleaning business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample window cleaning service marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for window cleaning businesses. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Window cleaning is a niche in the cleaning industry that sure does guarantee good returns on investment. If you have a penchant for cleaning and think that you will do just well in the window cleaning niche, you may then want to consider giving this business a good shot.
There are a whole lot of things that you will need to consider, but you have got to have in mind that you ought to have solid financial plans in place to help you scale the hurdle of starting out. If that has been established, then you will need to consider
Here is a sample business plan below;
A Sample Window Cleaning Business Plan Template
- Industry Overview
Window cleaning line of business is a subset of the Building Exterior Cleaners industry and this industry is known to provide both window cleaning and general exterior cleaning services for residential and commercial buildings.
Basically, the service offerings in this industry include power washing and other cleaning services for windows, driveways, swimming pools, gutters and ventilation ducts. In the bid to increase revenue, players in this industry also offer services such as lighting maintenance and snow plowing services et al.
This industry also conducts swimming pool services which consist of cleaning pools, regular maintenance and winterization. Players in this line of business operate all across the United States of America; however, there is a higher presence of window cleaning businesses cum cleaning services in warmer climates.
Places such as the southwest and southeast of the United States of America typically experience higher average temperatures than regions such as the great lakes, as a result, areas in warmer climates have more swimming pools on a per capita basis, leading to increased demand for window cleaning services and swimming pool services.
Competition may come to window cleaning services from larger catch-all companies who offer general cleaning services as part of a bundled program of many more services, such as parking, snow removal, and pest control. In-house janitorial services operated by buildings and management companies may also serve as competition for this line of business.
The demand for services in the Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business is on the increase in recent time, as growth in household formation rates expanded the available clientele base for industry players and rising per capita disposable income enabled consumers to purchase cleaning services they put off during the recession.
As the economy improved and small-business lending increased, the number of operators in this industry experienced steady increase. As a result of this, the competition in the industry is extremely high, leading profit to only improve marginally over the period, despite noticeably improved economic conditions.
The Building Exterior Cleaners industry of which window cleaning line of business is subset of is indeed a very large industry and pretty much thriving in all parts of the world especially in developed countries such as United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, France and Italy et al.
Statistics has it that in the United States of America alone, there are about 121,115 licensed and registered window cleaning cum building exterior cleaning companies including those who are into franchising responsible for employing about 179,162 employees and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $10 billion annually with an annual growth rate projected at 4.9 percent. It is important to state that no establishment has a lion share of the available market in this industry.
Just like any other business, the demand for window cleaning services usually declined during recession period / economic downturn and this is due to the declining household spending on cleaning services and reduced demand from business clients. As the economy grows, and income increases, there will be corresponding increase in the demand for window cleaning and building exterior cleaning related services such as house / residential cleaning.
Over and above, window cleaning cum building exterior cleaning businesses all over the world are still enjoying good patronage particularly if they are well positioned and if they know how to reach out to their target market (corporate organizations, residential estates and household et al).
Window Cleaning Business Plan – Executive Summary
The name of our organization is First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC. We are a registered and standard window and building exterior cleaning services company that is incorporated under the law of the United States of America. Our head office will be located in-between a densely populated residential estate and business district in the heart of Seattle – Washington. We strategically positioned and set to services the whole of the community.
Our basic service offering to our highly esteemed customers as a window and building exterior cleaning services company will involve cleaning services such as window cleaning and washing, swimming pool cleaning & maintenance, parking lot sweeping, drain & gutter cleaning, snowplowing, ventilation duct cleaning, chimney sweep service, drain, duct and gutter cleaning, pool maintenance, parking lot and driveway washing, and providing other cleaning services.
Although our intention of starting window and building exterior cleaning company is to offer only the above stated services, we will not close our doors to diversification (additional services) as long as it does not affect our core services. This is in a bid to maximize our position as the leading window and building exterior cleaning company in Seattle – Washington.
At First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC we are passionate in the pursuit of excellence and financial success with uncompromising services and integrity which is why we have decided to start our own window and building exterior cleaning business; we are in the industry to make a positive mark.
We are quite optimistic that our values and quality of service offering will help us drive our window and building exterior cleaning business to enviable heights and also help us attract the numbers of clients that will make the business highly profitable. We are a company that will be dedicated to establishing good business relationship with our clients giving them value for their money and reasons for them to hire our services over and over again.
We are in the cleaning Industry to favorably compete with other leading brands in the industry both in the United States and other parts of the world. Our corporate business goal is to be among the top 10 window and building exterior cleaning brand in the United States of America.
As a company, we are willing to go the extra mile to invest in some of the finest professionals we can find and also, we have put, process and structures in place that will ensure that we are always at the top of our game when it comes to excellent and detailed window cleaning services deliveries. We have been able to secure permits from all relevant departments in Seattle – Washington.
We are quite aware that in order to become the number one choice in our city, we must continue to deliver quality window and building exterior cleaning services and that is exactly what we will do. We are open to the use of latest technology in the cleaning industry. No doubt our excellent customer service and detailed cleaning services we offer will position us to always welcome repeated customers.
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is owned and managed by Sol Chester and his immediate family members. Sol Chester has well over 10 years of experience managing some of the leading cleaning companies and industrial cleaning brands in different cities in the United States of America prior to starting First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC.
- Our Services and Amenities
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is a standard and well – equipped window and building exterior cleaning services company that offers a wide range of services that revolves around the cleaning industry and other complementary services.
We intend giving our customers every reason to always hire our services which is why we have customized our services. Basically, our services will involve us going out to services of clients’ needs. These are the services we will offer as a house cleaning company;
- Window cleaning and washing services
- Drain, duct and gutter cleaning
- Pool maintenance
- Parking lot and driveway washing
- Chimney sweep services
- Ventilation and duct cleaning
- Providing other outdoor maintenance services
Our Vision Statement
Our Vision is to become the number one window and building exterior cleaning company in the whole of Seattle – Washington with active presence in major cities in the United States of America and Canada.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission as a window and building exterior cleaning company is to develop a highly successful, profitable all round window and building exterior cleaning business which provides quality services in our community and to become a standard for an ideal window cleaning business not only in Seattle – Washington, but also throughout the United States of America and Canada where we intend selling our franchise.
- Our Business Structure
We are quite aware that the success of any business lies in the foundation on which the business is built on, which is why we have decided to build our window cleaning services company on the right business foundation.
As a matter of fact, we are set out to build a window and building exterior cleaning business that will be a standard for the Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business in the United States of America and Canada.
We want to build a business of dedicated workforce who will go all the way to ensure that our customers are satisfied and they get value for their money when they hire our services. In other to achieve this, we aware that it takes a business with the right employees and structure to achieve all what we have set to achieve, which is why will be putting structures and standard operating processes in place that will help us deliver excellent services and run the business on auto pilot. The success of our window cleaning business will be anchored on the team not on any individual.
With the wide range of our service offerings and the plan to sell franchise, we are only expected to employ more than it is required to run a conventional window and building external cleaning business. Definitely, we will have various employees to man the various services offering of First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC.
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC will employ professionals and skilled people to occupy the following position;
- Manager (Owner)
- Accountant / Cashier
- Marketing and Sales Executive
- Client Service Executive
- Cleaners / Pressure Machine Operators (6)
- Truck / Van` Driver
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals and payment of salaries
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the organization
- Ensure that the facility is in tip top shape and conducive enough to welcome customers
- Prepares budget and reports for the organization
- Defining job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carrying out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Design job descriptions with KPI to drive performance management for all employees
- Regularly hold meetings with key stakeholders (clients and member of the board) to review the effectiveness of the business Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Defining job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carrying out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversee the smooth running of the daily activities of organization.
Marketing and Sales Executive
- Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new clients, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of projects.
- Writing winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with organizations’ policy
- Responsible for handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develop, execute and evaluate new plans for expanding increase sales
- Document all customer contact and information
- Represent First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC in strategic meetings
- Help increase sales and growth for First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC.
Accountant / Cashier
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for the organization
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC
- Serves as internal auditor for Prime First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC.
Client Service Executive
- Welcomes clients and visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products and, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
Cleaners / Pressure Machine Operators (6):
- Responsible for handling core services involve cleaning services such as window cleaning and washing, swimming pool cleaning & maintenance, parking lot sweeping, drain & gutter cleaning, snowplowing, ventilation duct cleaning, chimney sweep service, drain, duct and gutter cleaning, pool maintenance, parking lot and driveway washing, and providing other cleaning services.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
- Ensure that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Handle any other duty as assigned by the manager.
Truck / Van Driver:
- Responsible for transporting window cleaning equipment, supplies and workers to project sites
- Run errand for the organization
- Handle any other duty as assigned by the manager
Window Cleaning Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
Window and building exterior cleaning business is one of the many businesses that can easily generate business deals with little stress as long as they are well positioned and equipped to carry out their services. We are building a standard window and building exterior cleaning business with variety of services which is why we have decided to subject our business idea (company) to SWOT Analysis.
Ordinarily we can successfully run a normal window cleaning business without the stress of going through the required protocol of setting up a new business including writing a detailed business plan, but because of the nature of the kind of window cleaning business we want to establish, we don’t have any option other than to follow due process.
We hired the services of Mrs. Mary Polycarp, a HR and Business consultant with bias in startups to help us conduct SWOT analysis for our company and she did a pretty job for us. Here is a preview of the result we got from the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC;
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is centrally located in-between a densely populated residential estate and business district in the heart of Seattle – Washington; our location is in fact one of our major strength. We are also one of the very few window and building exterior cleaning companies in the whole of Seattle – Washington that is well equipped to carry out a wide range of services as it relates to window and building exterior cleaning.
Another strength that counts for us is the power of our team; our workforce and management. We have a team that are considered experts in the Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business, a team of hardworking and dedicated individuals.
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is a new business which is down by an individual (family), and we may not have the financial muscle to sustain the kind of publicity we want to give our business and also to attract some of the well – experienced hands in the cleaning industry.
We are centrally located in one of the busiest area in Seattle – Washington and we are open to all the available opportunities that the city has to offer. Our business concept also positioned us to be a one stop shop in the window and building exterior cleaning industry.
The truth is that there are no standard and well – equipped window and building exterior cleaning business within the area where ours is going to be located; the closest window and building exterior cleaning company to our proposed location is about 6 miles away. In a nutshell, we do not have any direct competition within our target market area.
Some of the threats that are likely going to confront First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is unfavorable government policies, seasonal fluctuations, demographic / social factors, downturn in the economy which is likely going to affect consumers spending and of course emergence of new competitors within the same location where ours is located.
Window Cleaning Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business is a market that is dependent on loads of factors. The fact that it helps keep our environment clean and also help in saving energy makes people to patronize the business. As a matter of fact, it is now common and trendy to find window and building exterior cleaning companies and industrial cleaning companies leveraging on ‘Climate Change and Save Energy’ to market their services.
Of course window and building exterior cleaning business responds to the increase in household spending and improvement in the economy which is why it is trendy to find players in the Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business located around areas where residence and businesses can afford the services.
Another common trend in the Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business is that in the bid to survive global economic melt – down and to ensure steady flow of income to effectively run the business, most players in the Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business engage in other related services. Some of them even go as far as establishing a car wash, snow removal services and a carpet cleaning business simply because they all fall within same line of business.
- Our Target Market
Prior to choosing a location for our window and building exterior cleaning business, we conducted thorough feasibility studies and market survey and we were able to identify those who will benefit greatly from our service offerings.
Basically those who will benefit from our service offering are households, facility managers, corporate organizations hospitals, hotels, hostels, government and most especially all those who reside in high rise building who may find it difficult cleaning their windows and the exterior of their building.
These groups of people and establishment cut across different sectors of the economy. Below is a list of the people and organizations that our window and building exterior cleaning services is designed for;
- The government (government guest house and housing estates
- Facility managers
- Hotels and Motels
- Residential areas
- Camp grounds
- Retail locations
- Medical facility (Hospitals)
- High rise buildings cum skyscrapers et al.
Our Competitive Advantage
Window and building exterior cleaning business is an easy to set up business that does not require formal training to achieve; anybody can start a window and building exterior cleaning business if they have the required startup capital and informal training on how to operate the various presser washers and other cleaning tools and chemicals.
It means that the possibility of window and building exterior cleaning businesses springing up in the location where ours is located can’t be ruled out. We are aware of this, which is why we decided to come up with a business concept that will position us to become the leader in Seattle – Washington.
Competition may come to window cleaning services from larger catch-all companies who offer general cleaning services as part of a bundled program of many more services, such as parking, snow removal, and pest control. In-house janitorial services operated by buildings and management companies may also serve as competition for this line of business
Our competitive edge is that we are a standard and well – equipped window and building exterior cleaning services business that has loads of complimentary business offerings that can easily assist us in attracting both corporate and individual customers within the radius of our business operations.
We can confidently say that the location of our window and building exterior cleaning business will definitely count as a positive for us amongst any competitor that might start window and building exterior cleaning business or any other related cleaning business in same location where ours is located.
For the time being, First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC has no real competitors that can compete with the quality of services we offer and our business offerings et al. Our customer service will be customized to meet the needs of all our customers.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups window and building exterior cleaning business and other related cleaning businesses in the United States) in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
Window Cleaning Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
The marketing strategy for First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is going to be driven basically by excellent customers service and quality service delivery. We will ensure that we build a loyal customer base. We want to drive sales via the output of our jobs and via referral from our satisfied customers. We are quite aware of how satisfied customers drive business growth especially businesses like window and building exterior cleaning and related services.
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is a window and building exterior cleaning business that is strategically located and we are going to maximize the opportunities that is available which is why we spend more to locate the business in a location that will be visible and accessible to our target market.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets and the overall goal of First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC.
Our goal is to grow First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC to become the leading window and building exterior cleaning company in Seattle – Washington which is why we have mapped out strategy that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to reckon with in the Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business.
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Introduce our window and building exterior cleaning business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to corporate organizations, households and key stake holders in Seattle – Washington.
- Print out fliers and business cards and strategically drop them in offices, libraries, public facilities and train stations et al.
- Use friends and family to spread word about our business
- Post information about our window and building exterior cleaning company and the services we offer on bulletin boards in places like schools, libraries, and local coffee shops et al
- Placing a small or classified advertisement in the newspaper, or local publication about our window and building exterior cleaning company and the services we offer
- Leverage on referral networks such as agencies that will attract clients who would need our customized services
- Advertise our window and building exterior cleaning company in relevant magazines, newspapers, TV stations, and radio station.
- Attend relevant expos, seminars, and business fairs et al to market our services
- Engage in direct marketing approach
- Encourage the use of word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied students
- Join local chambers of commerce and industry to market our services.
Sources of Income
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business and we are going to go all the way out to ensure that we do all it takes to attract both individual clients and corporate clients on a regular basis.
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC will generate income by offering the following services;
- Window cleaning and washing services
- Drain, duct and gutter cleaning
- Parking lot and driveway washing
- Chimney sweep services
- Ventilation and duct cleaning
- Providing other outdoor maintenance services
- Swimming pool cleaning & maintenance
One thing is certain, there would always be corporate organization and individual clients who would need the services of window and building exterior cleaning business.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Seattle – Washington and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow our house cleaning business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine The Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business – market and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to similar startups in Seattle – Washington.
Below is the sales projection for First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC, it is based on the location of our business and of course the wide range of related services that we will be offering;
- First Fiscal Year-: $200,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $450,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $750,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in The Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same additional related services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Our Pricing Strategy
At First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC, our pricing system is going to be based on what is obtainable in The Building Exterior Cleaners industry cum window cleaning line of business, we don’t intend to charge more (except for premium and customized services) and we don’t intend to charge less than our competitors are offering in Seattle – Washington.
Be that as it may, we have put plans in place to offer discount services once in a while and also to reward our loyal customers especially when they refer clients to us. The prices of our services will be same as what is obtainable in the open market.
At First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC, our payment policy will be all inclusive because we are quite aware that different clients would prefer different payment options as it suits them. Here are the payment options that we will make available to our clients;
- Payment by via bank transfer
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
- Payment via mobile money
- Payment with cash
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will help us achieve our plans with little or no itches. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer.
Window Cleaning Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is set to create a standard for window and building exterior cleaning business in Seattle – Washington and throughout the United States which is why we will go all the way to adopt and apply best practices to promote our business. Good enough there is no hard and fast rule on how to advertise or promote a window and building exterior cleaning business.
The challenge is that most window and building exterior cleaning companies do not have the required money to pump into publicity and advertising. The cash they have will be reserved to take care of overhead and operational cost.
We will ensure that we leverage on all conventional and non – conventional publicity and advertising technique to promote our window and building exterior cleaning business. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC;
- Encourage our loyal customers to help us use Word of Mouth mode of advertisement (referrals)
- Advertise our window and building exterior cleaning business in relevant magazines, local newspaper, local TV stations and local radio station
- Promote our business online via our official website
- List our business on local directories (yellow pages)
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, et al to promote our brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations
- Direct coupon mailing approach
- Engage in road show from time to time in target communities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Ensure that all our staff members wear our customized clothes, and all our official cars and trucks are customized and well branded.
Start – Up Expenditure (Budget)
In setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting a place, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that the start-up can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business.
The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked. As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a standard window and building exterior cleaning company; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money.
We have been able to pull cash that will be enough for us to successfully launch a standard window and building exterior cleaning company in Seattle – Washington, US. These are the key areas where we will spend our start – up capital on;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in Seattle – Washington – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $1,500.
- Marketing promotion expenses (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,000.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $30,800.
- Cost of accounting software, CRM software and Payroll Software – $3,000
- Cost for leasing a small office facility – $70,000.
- Cost for facility remodeling – $30,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $1000)
- Phone and utility deposits – ($3,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory – $15,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Cost of pressure washing and house cleaning equipment – $75,000
- The cost for the purchase of office furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000
- The cost of Launching a Website – $600
- The cost for our grand opening party – $1,500
- Miscellaneous – $10,000
We would need an estimate of $200,000 to successfully launch our window and building exterior cleaning business in Seattle – Washington, US.
Generating Funding / Startup First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is a business that will be owned and managed by Sol Chester and his immediate family members. They are the sole financial of the business which is why they decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital for the business to just three major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the start – up capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank (loan facility).
N.B: We have been able to generate about $100,000 (Personal savings $80,000 and soft loan from family members $20,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $100,000 from our bank. All the papers and document has been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
Window Cleaning Business Plan – Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to offer our window and building exterior cleaning services a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
First Planet Cleaning Services, LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing office facility and remodeling the facility: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed pressure washing machines and industrial cleaning equipment, electronic appliances, office appliances and bar accessories: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: Completed
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and in the neighborhood: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – suppliers of all our needed cleaning accessories and supplies et al: In Progress