Do you want to make money online working from home? If YES, here are 50 best online work from home ideas you can start without investment or experience. If you are unemployed, a nursing mother or a stay at home mum; then working from home may be very ideal for you. As the years go on, new opportunities emerge for people who are willing to work at home thanks to advances in technology and also the fact that outsourcing jobs have grown in popularity of recent.
Why Work from Home Online? What are the Benefits?
Working from home has its advantages like not having to attend staff meetings, not having annoying co-workers, among others. It should be noted that before you set out to start an online business, you will need to have the basic tool which may include a fast internet connection (if the business is online based), a phone, computer and a fax machine.
In addition to having the right tools, you will also need to have a work space that is dedicated entirely to work. Your work space should be free of all distractions. Here are 50 job ideas that you can set up and run right from the comfort of your own home:
50 Best Online Work from Home ideas to Make Money
1. Sponsored Social Media Post
This involves letting an advertiser send a tweet, Facebook or Instagram post on your profile and then getting paid for it. Celebrities and people with a lot of followers can easily engage in this. To get started, head over to a sponsored post website such as Sponsoredtweets, connect your Facebook account, email and other social media profiles to the platform.
The website will analyse your profile and then determine how much you will get paid for each post you promote on your profile. For each tweet, you could get a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars depending on if you have a lot of followers that are engaged with your content. You can make a lot of money doing this if you have a lot of followers on social media.
2. Niche Sites: These are little websites that have very little content in them. The whole point of these sites is to target a very small group of people to either buy a product that you made, or get an affiliate product that can earn a commission if you have Google AdSense on the website. You can learn how to build and operate a niche site over the internet.
3. E-book publishing
If you want to publish books nowadays, you don’t have to do it the hard way which involves getting editors, publishing companies and all that. You can just head over to Amazon (the website) where you can become a kindle direct publisher which will enable you to publish e-books on amazon. Amazon is not only the biggest e-book website but it is also one of the biggest market places in the world. So overall they have a large amount of traffic which you can take advantage of to make a lot of sales.
4. Flipping websites: This simply involves buying a new or expired domain for a little price, renovating, ranking it and then reselling it for a lot of profit. It is just like flipping houses or cars, the only difference is that it is a lot cheaper to start. When flipping domains, you have to go for domain names with a high resale value; else, you won’t be able to make any profit.
This is one of the most versatile and easy to start work from home ideas. When well-managed, a YouTube channel can be just as or even more profitable than a traditional blog. For starters, you don’t require a domain nor do you need to spend money on hosting your channel. You also have a large audience and a ready-made platform for you to work with.
Furthermore, AdSense approval through YouTube is easy and what’s more, you can start earning from the very first day you create your account and make a post. You can just go to YouTube, upload a video and you can get started from there. There are tons and tons of niches to choose from like online reviews, comedy, how-to, real estate, business, gaming, and motivation channels etc.
Every day, over 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube and your video can be one of them. You can get paid through by enabling Google AdSense on your channel, through sponsored videos and through sale of your services or the services of others on YouTube.
Having a social media account is something almost all businesses do now. Every brand needs to be active on social media to keep up with customers, yet the owner of the brand may not have the time or the skill to handle this. So if you want to help people build a better brand on social media be it Facebook, Instagram or twitter then this job is for you. Freelance websites such as Seoclerk, Fiverr, Upwork can help to get you in contact with people who are looking for these types of services.
7. Web Development: Creation of websites and blogs is in very high demand. As a web developer, you can help people create, maintain and edit websites. If you are good at marketing your services, you will always have constant work.
8. Selling Courses
You can sell courses by either creating your own website and using it to sell the courses that you have created or you can head over to Udemy.com where you can become an instructor. Here, you can make a video course and sell it to people for any price you want. It is a great place for selling knowledge be it a hobby, job or something you learnt in school.
9. Podcast: A podcast is like a personal radio show where you talk about specific topics. Before you think about monetizing your podcast, you have to make sure that it is filled with rich and engaging content. You can monetize your podcast through sponsorship, affiliate marketing or even sale of your own product.
10. Transcription Service: A lot of people who do videos or audios need a transcription service. It could be a lecture, court case, podcast, audios, interviews, videos, movies etc. Manual human transcription services are in high demand mainly because there is no decent application or computer program that can transcribe audios to text with accuracy. You can make use of freelancer websites or transcibeme.com to get work on a regular basis.
11. Pet Sitting: This is in a way similar to babysitting but for pets. Sometimes the owner of a pet may not be around and will then need a pet sitter to help him or her watch over the pet. This job is fairly easy and not too stressful. Depending on the area of the country you reside in, pet sitters get paid about $19 to $50 per night or even more if you have more than one pet.
12. Blog: A blog is an individual website that is updated regularly. You can make money from it by reviewing products, advertisements and Google AdSense.
There are tons of websites that need content particularly large blog sites that need a lot of content due to the amount of traffic they have on their website on a daily basis. So to get additional content, they have to hire additional writers to write content for them. They may tell you the topics they need or you may have to come up with an idea for a topic on your own that is related to a particular niche.
14. Network Marketing: This involves recommending products to friends, family and networks. You will get a percentage when someone decides to buy the product. There are a lot of companies in need of network marketers whom they take advantage of to help market their products and services.
15. Niche Coaching
In the early 2000’s there was a big boom in coaching, but it wasn’t very specialized. Nowadays, there is still a very high demand for coaching because a lot people are interested in not only success but also creating the life they want and bettering themselves.
However, coaching is now more specialized than before. It could be parental coaching, relationship coaching, coaching authors who are writing books, people who want to learn to forgive etc. People now want more specialized coaching rather than a general life and business coach that was popular back in the days.
16. Sell Local Items Online: A lot of people think that website like eBay are just for selling your own things that you don’t want anymore. You can actually sell stuff from local charity shops, Craigslist etc.
Virtual assistants are growing in popularity in recent times because they reduce the cost that would have normally been incurred by employing regular staff. A virtual office assistant provides services in the same way that a normal assistant would. He/she sends emails, enters data, manages calendar and helps in the upkeep of the social media account. Most virtual assistant jobs usually pay between $10 to $15 an hour.
18. Online Survey: These are surveys that are carried out by companies online in other to investigate certain aspects of their products. It may be in form of an opinion poll, answering questions about how often you shop and what you shop for or even reviewing a product. Online surveys pay one to fifty dollars per survey depending on how much time that is required.
19. Website Tester
A lot of companies offer money to website testers who are tasked with testing their websites to find out if it is intuitive and responsive on various platforms. You will be given instructions and parameters that will dictate how the work will be carried out.
Website testing should take about 15 to 20 minutes and you can get about 10 to 15 dollars per test. It is advisable to register on many website testing platforms or companies as the early comers get the work. Such websites include usertesing.com. Youeye.com Userlyties etc.
20. Graphic Design
Graphic designers are always needed by business owners to help them to craft logos, banner, flyers, book cover and similar products for payment. You can learn graphic design yourself with the aid of the internet (Udemy and YouTube) or you can learn it from an institute or school. With the aid of your laptop, you can offer this service right from the comfort of your couch.
21. Massage Therapist: You can turn a room in your house into a massage parlor. In some states in America, you will need a license from the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Body Work. In addition to working from home, you can also go for house calls to improve your profit margin. Statistics has shown that massage therapists earn about $34,900 on an annual basis.
22. Hairstylist: If you are well versed in plaiting, cutting or general hair maintenance, you can open a store at home and offer these services. Hairstylists earn an average of about $22,500 every year.
23. Corporate English Trainer
There are various foreign individuals from countries like Germany, Korea, China, France etc. who would like to increase their knowledge of both oral and written English. The work of an English trainer will be to coach such individuals on the language whether through the phone or over video services like Skype.
The training may be in form of making conversations with them or even following an already existing syllable. This work is best suited for native English speakers who love to interact with people of other ethnicities while also impacting knowledge in them. You will also need a high speed internet connection and of course basic computer skills and knowledge.
24. Telephone Triage Nurse
To be able to undertake this work, you will need a degree in nursing. The work of a telephone nurse is to help patients who are unable to see a doctor determine the level of care they need by speaking with them over the phone. The nurse asks the right questions, comes to an informed conclusion and directs the patient accordingly. Just like a regular nursing job, telephone triage nurses earn about $50,000 or more.
25. Search Engine Evaluator: Here, search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc. will give you certain information or search terms. Your work will now be to find out how well the results that the engine provides match the search terms. This job pays between 9 to 10 dollars an hour.
26. Customer Service Representative
A lot of companies are in need of customer service representatives who will pick up call from customers and address their complainants, help them to place an order or just give them instructions. People with good listening skills, patience and lively personalities will excel in this field. Payment for home customer service reps can range from 8 to 18 dollars for an hours work.
27. Video Creation: In addition to pictures and text, videos are also a very popular way of getting information passed across and of selling products on the internet. Videos increase the search engine visibility of websites and as such; creation of videos has risen in popularity. With a PC and a digital camera, you can get started.
28. Babysitting: This work is best suited for females. If you love being around babies and you are good at taking care of them, you can help busy parents to take care of their children and get paid for it.
29. Cartoonist: If you are gifted in the art of drawing, you can market this service to cartoon studios, comic books, magazines and newspapers. If you are creative and innovative you will be able to find a constant stream of work in this niche.
30. Search Engine Optimization: This involves improving the visibility of websites and making them rank higher when certain keywords are searched. A lot of websites and blogs are in need of this service and are willing to pay so that their websites can be optimized. Freelance websites like Fiverr and Upwork are a good starting point.
31. App Development: Every day, thousands of applications are developed. If you are skilled in programming, you can make a lot of money from developing applications as long as your creations are useful and are fun to use.
32. Editing and Proofreading
Just like offering a writing service, this is also a freelance gig. You can offer this service to authors, website owners, article writers etc. To be successful as an editor or a proofreader, you will need to have a good grasp of the English language, or better still a degree in English or communication; also you will need to have an eagle’s eye to be able to spot out mistakes no matter how small.
33. Translation: If you know more than one language, you can make some money by translating documents from English to other languages or vice versa. Even though there are lots of translation software available out here, most of them pale in comparison to an actual human being that is skilled in this.
34. Internet Security Consulting: Internet security is big business and there are a lot of big companies who offer online security. The problem however is that smaller businesses may not be able to afford their price. If you have a good grasp of how internet security and protection works, you can be a consultant for a small business.
35. Grants Writing: NGO’s, colleges, hospitals and even small business owners may have a need to augment the money they have on hand with a government grant. However, getting a grant is easier said than done. If you have knowledge about how grant writing and procuring works, you can offer this service to people who need it for a fee.
36. Debt Collector
Even though the job title of a debt collector may create a mental image of a muscular fellow going from destination to destination to harass debtors into payment of their debts, this however cannot be farther from the truth. Yes, you need a tough skin in other to venture into this business, but you also need just a telephone and a computer to get the work done. Debt collectors help to collect late car payments, overdue credit card debts and lapsed installment loans. This business thrives even of if the economy is not too good.
37. Sewing: If you skilled at making, repairing or adjusting ill-fitting clothes, then you can take advantage of this work from home idea. You will need a sewing machine and cloth materials to get started.
38. Herb Farming
Gardening is not just relaxing, it can also be a potential money spinner if well harnessed. With the growing interesting herbal remedies and organic foods, a farmer can find plenty of customers who are willing to purchase his or her herbs especially in urban areas. Granted, farming needs space but because herbs are usually small plants, a little space will go a long way.
39. Personal Trainer: If you enjoy working out and sharing knowledge that has worked for you in body building and fitness, you can offer your service as a personal trainer. You can arrange for your client to meet with you in your personal gym at home.
40. Music Teacher: If you are can sing or play a musical instrument, you can share this knowledge by being a music teacher. You can receive and practice with your clients at your home.
41. Baker: With the aid of a few baking equipment, you can produce cakes, breads, biscuits, buns and other pasties right from the comfort of your home. You can sell your baked goods yourself, sell to other retailers or open an online shop where people can order from you.
42. Bicycle Repairer: If you love bicycles and also have a knack for fixing them when they are bad, you can convert your garage into a repair shop and monetize your skills.
43. Publicist: Publicists help to generate media coverage for their clients in order to promote them to the public. As a publicist, you should be able to influence public perception by using your skills. With the internet and a computer, you can be able to work from home as a publicist.
44. Vacation Rental Owner: In case you have extra space or room in your house that you are not using, you can put it up for rent and earn from it. Also you can list it at Airbnb as a vacation rental.
45. Yoga Instructor: The art of yoga has been a recourse for a lot of individuals seeking to improve their general wellbeing. Yoga is very popular in a lot of places and a lot of people need instructors who will put them through the art of yoga. You can convert one of your rooms to a yoga studio and become a yogacharya.
46. Electronics Repair: If you are skilled at repairing electronics then you can convert your garage into an electronics repair office. Repair of phones and tablets is usually quite profitable thanks to the fact that the market is quite plenty.
47. Pet Grooming
A lot of pet owners don’t have the time, equipment and the skills that are required to groom their pets. So if you love pets, you can take up this service with the space that is already available in your house. Before you set up a pet grooming shop, you will first have to find out about the regulations that are in place in your state that governs such businesses.
48. Resume Writing
Considering that the rejection rate of resumes is very high, it only makes sense that the service of a resume writer is very is often needed. As a home based resume writer, your task will be to write clear, engaging and professional resumes that stand out from the rest. You will have to create or redesign the existing resume so that it can be persuasive, creative and formatted correctly to be able to result to an interview invite and subsequently a job.
49. Plugin selling: A plugin is basically something that goes on a word press website which is basically how a lot of blogs are made through the wordpress framework. WordPress has a special place for people who sell plugins.
50. Solo ads sale: To run a solo ad sale business, you will have to build a very big email list that is targeted at a specific group of people in an industry. A great place to sell solo ads is on the internet.
- 5 Benefits You Stand to Gain When You are an A-List Salesman - February 25, 2021
- Is It Possible to Become a Registered Nurse With an Associate Degree? - February 25, 2021
- How to Become a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - February 25, 2021