Do you want to sell your food products fast? If YES, here is a detailed sample bakery marketing plan template to help you to attract and retain customers.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a bakery. We also took it further by providing an in-depth sample bakery business plan template. In this article, we will be analyzing and drafting a sample bakery marketing plan backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for bakery businesses. So put on your marketing hat and let’s proceed.
A Sample Bakery Marketing Plan Template
Table of Content
- 4. Our Marketing Budget
- 5. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 6. SWOT Analysis
- 10. Benefits Our Clients Stand to Gain When They Consume our Bread
1. Our Present Business Situation
When we started Top Taste Confectionaries® Bakery a while back, everyone thought that we were biting more than we could chew. This was because of the fact that we have started out in a mega way. Hence, our Bakery business has been in operation for the past four and a half months. It is true that every business has to pay its own dues by going through the different teething stages.
As such, we are right now at that stage. Nonetheless, so far so good; we have been carrying out our day to day activities in the nicest of environments, and one of our strong areas is the fact that our consumers are attracted by our brick and mortar structure.
Our variety of breads is being produced with the choicest of ingredients and recipes. We also make bold to say that our workers have been very well trained to churn out only the best at all times. All the licenses and permits which the local and state authorities in Michigan demand have been gotten. What is more, we are not carrying out our business operations from a leased property; we actually have got our own facility which we have been able to furnish to taste to meet the standard that we have spelt out in our business plan.
2. Our Product and Services
At Top Taste Confectioneries®, we deal in all forms of baked foods; assorted breads to cakes and snacks et al. We do not intend to restrict our services to only the supply of our products to stores who will eventually retail them, but we intend to open the doors of our bakery in different parts of the country to customers who would prefer fresh hot baked bread direct from the oven.
As part our strategy to create multiple sources of income in line with our core business concept, we will run a consultancy service and a standard government approved bakery school where we intend producing top class bakers who will become our ambassador in the United States of America and in Canada. Here are some of our products and services-:
- Flour Bread
- Wheat Bread
- Fruit Bread
- Scotch egg
- Meat Pie
- Consultancy Services
3. Our Mission and Vision Statement
To be amongst the top 5 leading bakery companies in the united states of America before our 5th anniversary.
To build a bakery business that will meet the needs of all our customers and potential customers in the regions / cities where we have our outlets.
Our Marketing Goals
Our aim just like a myriad of bakery businesses is to maximize profit; this is why we are working tirelessly to see that we meet our goals. We believe just like other bakery brands in the city and all over the world that having our products in the faces of people is one of the things that will motivate them to want to purchase our breads and snacks in the first instance. As such, with the help of a versed business consultant, we were able to draw up various marketing plans that will help get our products out there.
Here are some of our marketing goals:
- To have our different brands of breads be the numerous-Uno choice in every home in Michigan.
- To have our breads and pastries in all retail outlets in Michigan.
- To have over 500 loaves of bread sold in a day.
- To consciously increase our clientele base by 50% in the next 5 years and then 25% annually.
- To increase all milestones achieved by 50% in the next 5 years and then 25% annually.
- To make it a point of duty to generate a minimum revenue of 600,000 US dollars within the first 12 months of operations
- To have 10 outlets in the first 12 months of operating.
We aim to attain the following from our marketing efforts:
- We aim to achieve a sustainable growth at the rate of 25% annual sales growth
- Make sure that all breads and snacks that leave our stable are produced under strict clean and hygienic supervision.
- We intend to attract an avalanche of consumers in and out of Michigan.
- To make sure that hunger is busted by making our breads available always.
4. Our Marketing Budget
We are aware that running a bakery business does indeed require that the marketing plans are followed thoroughly so that it can all fall in place. It is for this reason that the business plan which we have drawn up at the inception of things, comes in really handy. Thus, we will not hesitate to refer to it for our marketing model.
We have decided to set aside good money to pursue our marketing goals. Part of our marketing goal is to have about 60,000 US Dollars between our first years of operations and subsequently we intend to dedicate between 15 – 25 percent of our annual revenue to marketing of our day care business.
5. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Our Target Market
Businesses that have failed, in some cases, have also failed to define who and who might be in need of their products and services. This is one the core reasons why knowing who our target market is vital. The bakery business is such that is useful to all and sundry- this is provided they all consume bread. It is as a result that we will concentrate on everybody- both young and old.
Here is a list of our target market; the people and organizations which our business is designed for:
- The male folks in Michigan
- The female folks in Michigan
- Children in Michigan
- Households within Michigan
- Offices and places of business in general
- Upwardly mobile folks
- Families (Homes)
- Schools (boarding house and campus et al)
- Groceries Stores
- Shopping Malls
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Event Planners
- Sport Centers
- Corporate Organizations
- Aspiring Entrepreneurs (Those who want to learn baking)
6. SWOT Analysis
Because of our drive for excellence when it comes to running a bakery business, we were able to engage some of the finest business consultants in Orlando Florida to look through our business concept and together we were able to critically examine the prospect of the business and to access ourselves to be sure we have what it takes to run a standard bakery company.
In view of that, we were able to take stock of our strengths, our weakness, our opportunities and also the threats that we are likely going to be exposed to in Florida and even in the United States of America as a whole. Here is a of what we got from the critically conducted SWOT Analysis for Top Taste Confectionaries™;
Our strength lies in the fact that we have a wide range of products that can meet the needs of a wide range of customers. We have state of the art facility and equipment that has positioned us to meet the demand of products even if the demand tripled over night or if we had a massive order to meet and emergency delivery deadline.
Another factor that counts to our advantage is the background of our Chief Executive Offices; she has a robust experience in the industry and also a pretty good academic qualification to match the experience acquired which has placed her amongst the top flight bakers in the United States of America. We are not ignoring the fact that offering consultancy services and running a standard and accredited bakery institute is definitely going to count as a positive for us.
The fact that we are setting up a bakery business in a city with other bakeries might likely pose a challenge for us in breaking into the already saturated bakery business in Orlando, Florida. In essence our chosen location might be our weakness. Nevertheless, we have plans to launch out with a big bang. We know with that, we will be able to create a positive impression and we have a proper handle when it comes to building on already gather momentum.
The opportunities available to us are unlimited. Loads of people consume breads, cakes and snacks on a daily basis, and all what we are going to do to push our products to them is already perfected. There are also loads of people who might want to learn how to bake; as a result, they can readily find our government approved bakery institute highly ideal for them to fulfill that goal.
The threat that is likely going to confront us is the fact that we are competing with already established bakeries in Orlando, Florida, and also there are other entrepreneurs who are likely going to launch similar businesses within the same location we plan to launch out from. Of course, we for see that they will compete with us in winning over the available market. Another threat that we may likely be faced with is the area of government policies.
- Our competitive advantage
There is hardly any city in the United States and perhaps in other parts of the world where there isn’t at least one bakery. People eat bread, cakes and snacks in all parts of the world and as such loads of people are already running their bakery businesses. We are not ignorant of the fact that there are standard bakeries in Orlando, Florida, but that will not deter us from forging ahead to set – up our own bakery company.
Top Taste Confectionaries has couple of factors that is counting as a positive for us; our competitive advantage in the market place. One of our competitive advantage is that we are one of the few bakery companies that is not only involved in the sale of breads, cakes and snacks but also operate a government accredited bakery school where professional bakers are hatched and sent forth to start their own bakery business or manage their homes properly.
The fact that we offer consultancy services in line with what we do, gives us an edge over other bakery companies in the United States of America. We are of the view that if we are able to get it right from the outset, it will likely take us less time than projected for us to be amongst the top 5 bakery company in the whole of the United States of America.
7. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Cash flow is the lifeline of any business, which is why we have put plans in place to ensure that we have assorted bakery products that will guarantee that we generate enough income for the business. No doubt without sales – income, a business will definitely fold up and close shop.
We don’t intend to build a business that will struggle to pay the salaries of its workforce (overhead) and also struggle to maintain operational cost. Top Taste Confectionaries is set to take the market by storm with the variety of products we have on our stable. Here are the sources we have put in place to generate resources for Top Taste Confectionaries;
- Selling breads, cakes and snacks (wholesale and retailing)
- Offering home delivery services to our customers
- Recruiting, training and allocation of bakers to our clients (part of our consultancy services)
- Running a top notch government approved bakery institute in Orlando, Florida
- Offering consultancy services in line with our business goal
- Sales of drinks in all of our bakeries
8. Sales Forecast
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field. This is for sales projections based on the operation of just one bakery outlet in Orlando, Florida.
Bread (Wheat, Flour Bread, Fruit Bread and all flavors and types of Bread on our stable:
- 5,000 Loaves of Bread Per Day
Snacks (Sandwich, Meat Pie, Scotch egg, Pizza, Burger, and Fish Pie et al):
- 10,000 pieces of snacks per day
Sales of Soft Drinks:
- On the average over 90% of people who purchase snacks are likely going to purchase soft drinks as well
- This equates to 9,000 bottles / cans / pet plastics of soft drinks
Sale / Supply of Cakes:
- 500 cakes per day
N.B: This projection is inclusive of the products we are likely going to sell in our outlets and the products we are to supply to other outlets / wholesale customers who in turn will retail our products. So, it might be a bit challenging to place a specific amount that we are likely going to make from the sales. Please note that this projection is based on the first 6 months of opening shop to the general public meaning that the quantity of sales we make may likely double or triple after this 6 months.
9. Our Pricing Strategy
Part of our strategy for entering the market is to leverage on pricing in gaining a good percentage of the available market. The fact that we are going to be selling our products a little bit below the market price does not in any way mean that we will compromise our quality and quantity.
As a matter of fact, we have perfected strategies to ensure that we are shoulders higher than our competitors in terms of quality and quantity. The prices of our products will be the cheapest anybody can get in the whole of Orlando, Florida and the cities where we intend establishing our bakeries.
Our Unique Selling Point; What Makes Our Bakery Unique to Our Competitions
- Our unique selling point is hinged on the fact that our recipe is purely selected.
- Our retail outlets have been licensed by the necessary authorities.
- Our products contain natural sweetness.
- Our products are filled with nourishment
- We have got an eat-in café, where clients can decide to have their baked foods.
10. Benefits Our Clients Stand to Gain When They Consume our Bread
It is true that humans would always have the need to fill their bellies. However, it is also true that being able to fill the stomach with a healthy meal is what counts. This is exactly what our clients stand to benefit when they consume products from our bakery. We are not in the business to make money alone; we want to be sure that our clients get the right products that are nutritive in value. Hence, anyone who consumes our bread is sure to be adding value to their health. This is because our recipe is made from a hundred percent natural ingredients.
Here is a list of what our consumers stand to gain when they consume our products;
- Highly nutritive foods
- All natural ingredients that is mild on the health.
- No harsh chemical added to destroy the body.
- Competitive prices
Strategic Marketing Alliance with Our Competitors in the Bakery Industry
Indeed, there is a great need to form an alliance with some businesses that will help drive sales to us. These are businesses, as well as individuals that will help foster the sales of our products. Some of these competitors include; hotels, restaurants, schools, as well as other business places and companies where their clients may want our baked foods. We believe that doing this will no doubt help bolster sales.
11. Our Customer Retention Strategies (Ways to Improve Our Customer Experience) For Our Bakery Company
We know that the competition in the bakery arena is a very stiff one; this is why we have to have a lot in place to retain our clients. We have come up with several customer retention strategies. Here are some ways through which we hope to have our customers stick to us;
- Ensure that we give out freebies very week.
- Ensure that we celebrate our clients on their special days.
- Make use of effective customer relationship management (CRM) software to effectively manage our clientele base.
Possible Ways We Intend Offering Incentives to Our Customers/ Clients (Bonus, Discounts, etc.)
Discounts, bonuses, and in general incentives, is one good way to win the hearts of new and old customers. Here are ways to offer incentives to the public
- First off, we will make sure that all first timers would be given a discount
- Supply baked foods to guests that refer other consumers.
- We will host competitions and give gifts.
- We will make special holidays a memorable one too.
12. After Sales Service or Customer Support for Our Bakery Brand
One of the after sales service and customer support which we will like to have aboard is producing breads and snacks on special holidays. This is so that we do not leave any day out. We know that there are folks who may still want to consume bread despite all odds.
Possible Questions We Intend Asking Our Customers during Our Market Survey
Questions and feedback is very needful in the bakery business, this is so that we can be able to work and improve on areas that needed to be revamped. Here, are the 10 possible questions we are going to put forward when conducting marketing survey on our customers / clients. They include the following;
- Are you satisfied with the taste of our baked products?
- Do you think the quantity of sugar we have added is okay?
- What areas in general would you want us to improve on going forward?
- What would you love to change about of customer service?
- Are there added products you will want us to introduce?
- Do you think our pricing is moderate?
- Are you okay with the way our baked foods are packaged?
- If no, any suggestions on how it should be packaged?
- Would you freely recommend a client?
- If no, what are the reasons?
- A Guide to Great Business ideas for the Future 2025 – 2030 - September 3, 2021
- How Long Do Cordless Drill Batteries Last in 2021? - August 2, 2021
- How Does the Use of Cargo Containers Benefit the Economy? - August 2, 2021