So you are resident in Boston, Massachusetts and you are considering starting a business but you simply lack ideas on what business to start or you can’t find opportunities. Then i advice you read on as this article will help solve this problem.
You see, unemployment is not the inability to find jobs; it is the belief that you cannot get do something creative with your life. Sounds crazy right? Don’t worry; it’s supposed to sound so. I still maintain my stand that I do not understand it when people say that they are unemployed.
How can you be unemployed when there are thousands of business opportunities out there? Oh capital? There are tons of businesses that do not require capital. There are also a lot of businesses that require very little capital that you can get easily.
For instance, to become a freelancer, all you need is the knowledge, some discipline and access to the internet. If you can afford a mobile phone and/or a computer, then you should never be unemployed because you can start making money from the internet and eventually raise enough capital to start your dream business. You don’t have to wait till you get $5,000 dollars to start your business; start from somewhere and then grow your business to become that big business you’ve been dreaming about.
There are lots of business opportunities in Boston, both big and small and some of them are-:
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Boston, Massachusetts
1. Tax Consultancy and Management-: Tax Consultancy and management involves helping businesses and individuals reduce their tax burden, offer tax advice and counseling and help them file their taxes as and when due. A lot of people run into problems with revenue collection agencies because they do not have in-depth knowledge on what taxes they should be paying and how to file their taxes.
Business owners also grumble after filing their taxes because they have little or no profit left. You can help to solve this challenge by offering guidance to companies to help them manage their tax issues and reduce their tax burden with evasion or any other illegal practices.
2. Credit and Debt Counseling-: Bad Credit is one of the most terrible financial situations that people can find themselves in. Bad credit can affect a person’s image and block the way of a lot of other opportunities but once in, a lot of people find it hard to get out of bad credit situations. This is the problem that you are going to solve.
You would help to offer advice, assistance, solution and support to people suffering from bad credits. You would help to go through their credit reports for any wrong entries and errors; you would also help to re-negotiate better interest rates and payment patterns with the creditors or debt collection agencies.
3. Floral Service and Arrangement-: Flowers are hot on the event management scene right now. People use flowers for event decoration and don’t forget the traditional use of flowers as a way to show love to our loved ones. You can start a flower garden and supply flowers in wholesale to decorators and event planners. You can also start a floral shop where people can walk in and buy their flowers as gifts to their loved ones.
4. Antiques and Collectibles Dealing-: There is a very large market for antique goods both in Massachusetts and on the international scene generally. You can collect anything from antique jewelries, furniture, decorations, vintage clothing and so on for sale.
The good thing about this business is that you can buy them at giveaway prices and sell for an attractive sum. You can also deal in collectibles for people who love to collect items like wine bottles, coins and other collectibles.
5. Security Gadgets Sales and Installations-: You cannot go wrong with some extra security for your home and business premises. Every business owner wants to protect their business from theft and unauthorized intrusion and this is achievable through the installation of monitoring and security gadgets like cameras, alarms and so on. You can start a business of selling such gadgets and also helping people with installation of these gadgets.
6. Insurance Agency-: You can either start your own insurance company or become an insurance broker. The good thing is that you can start your insurance agency online, working with different insurance companies. Providing your clients with transparent and satisfactory services is one of the guaranteed ways to succeed in this business.
7. Car Tracking Services-: Car tracking has helped a lot of car owners prevent car thefts and recover their vehicles when car thefts occur. You can also start a car tracking Services Company. Consider sending proposals to large organizations with a large number of vehicles for fleet tracking services.
To succeed in this business, you would need to hone your advertising and marketing skills. One way to get more clients is to hire marketers who would earn commission from the number of customers and sales that they can get for you.
8. Mail Order Business-: Mail order business is not dead, it has simply become refined. You can start a mail order business but this time, you won’t be using the post office. You would send your product catalogues via e-mail with pictures and product specifications and a link to your online website where they can place their orders and then you would ship to them. Sounds familiar? I know right….
9. Food Vending-: Another business you can start is Boston is mobile food vending. You can do this in diverse ways; you can cook the food in your kitchen, package it well and sell it to interested people some of whom you might have had prior arrangement with.
For instance, you can arrange with companies to supply lunch to their staff. Another way to conduct your food vending business is to have a mobile kitchen; a van with an in-built kitchen where you would serve your food hot and fresh.
10. Pest Exterminator-: You could also consider becoming an exterminator. An exterminator helps to remove pests and rodents from people’s properties. You can offer your services to -:
- Farm owners who need to rid their farms of pests and insects
- Warehouse owners to prevent damage of stored products
- Homeowners and estate managers who want to rid their properties of unwanted pests