Do you need cash and you have a vacant land that is not yielding income? If YES, here are 50 best small business ideas for people with vacant land to make money in 2019.
Whether you bought a land as a form of investment or inherited some landed properties, there is no reason to leave it to lie fallow. You can start making money from your land temporarily even if you have not yet figured out what you really want to do with the land.
However, there are a few factors that would determine the nature of the business that you can do with your land. You have to consider the zoning laws of the area, the location of the land, and of course, the size of the land.
Below are some lucrative business ideas that you can use to make money from your land on a temporary or permanent basis.
50 Best Small Business ideas for People With Vacant Land in 2019
1. Farming: Farming is one of the most overlooked businesses in the world yet it is a very lucrative one. Every single person in the world must consume farm produce at one point hence you can never go wrong with starting a farm on your vacant land. You can plant food crops and cash crops that you can sell locally, or export.
2. Outdoor Advertising: If your land is by the highway or in any other strategic location, you can put up billboards on the land and charge advertisers for putting up their adverts on your billboards. This type of business can earn you consistent passive income over a long period of time.
3. Poultry Farming: Poultry farming is another lucrative business idea. You can raise chickens, turkey, and other birds that people regularly consume. You can make money from selling eggs, meat, and poultry byproducts to companies that would in turn sell them to retailers or consumers.
4. Golf Course: Golf is a very interesting game that people love to play. You can transform your land space into a golf course, and charge people for club memberships or temporary usage of the golf course.
5. Herb Garden: Alternative medicine is the ‘in thing’ at the moment. Many people are embracing herbal remedies and the herbal product industry has witnessed tremendous growth in the past few years. You can plant high-demand herbs on your land space, and sell the harvest to herbal product manufacturers.
6. Outdoor Shooting Range: You can rent your space out to people who need to learn how you shoot. Private military and security companies are some of the people who would patronize your business. However, you have to be sure that your zoning laws permit you to set up a shooting range there.
7. Parking Garage: Finding parking space is a major challenge for motorists in large cities. If your land is in a strategic space, you can convert it into a paid parking spot where motorists can park their vehicles in exchange for a fee.
8. Athletic Fields: Another business idea is to set up an athletic field where people can pay to play, and train for games like football, basketball, volleyball and other field sports.
9. Junk Yard: Junk is serious business- there are people who make millions of dollars selling junks and scraps. You can convert your land space into a junk farm where people can come and sell their junks to you, and then you’ll process it and sell it at a profit to companies that often need them.
10. Community Recreation Center: Every community needs a recreation center where kids and adults can hang out and relieve stress. You can install some facilities on your land to convert it into a recreation center that people would pay some fees to access.
11. Community Garden: There are so many people who want to start their own gardening projects but are unable to because of space constraints in their home. You can convert your land into a community garden that people can pay small fees to rent space for their gardening projects.
12. Drive-in Theatre: Drive-in theatres haven’t gone extinct yet, people still love to hang out at drive-in theatres. This is a very easy business that you can start with your land space.
13. Tiny Houses: Tiny houses are also very popular at the moment. If your zoning law allows it, you can convert your land into a sort of tiny house estate where you build a few tiny houses and rent it out to people.
14. Events Center: You can rent out your space to people who need to hold crusades, shows, carnivals, and other outdoor events.
15. RV Park: People with recreational vehicles always need places to park their vehicles especially when they are travelling with it. You can convert your land into a parking space, and charge RV owners some fees to use your facilities.
16. Horse Ranch: You can set up a horse ranch where people can visit for horse riding, watching horse races, and other horse-related activities.
. Wildlife Preservation: You can set up a wildlife zoo, a petting zoo or a giant-sized aquarium on your land so that people can pay to spend some time with animals.
18. Wood Processing: If you have a lot of trees on your land, you can start cutting them down and processing them for sale to people in the construction and furniture making industry.
19. Camping Park: You can convert your space into a paid camping park where people can come and relax with their friends and family.
20. Christmas Tree Farm: This is a seasonal business but when Christmas is in season, you’ll smile to the bank. You can use the entire year to plant and nurture Christmas trees, and when Christmas is in season, you can sell them to holiday makers.
21. Hunting Space: If there is a lot of wildlife on your space, you can charge a fee for hunters to access your property for their hunting activities.
22. Children’s Educational Centre: You can set up a summer camp, or a children’s educational center where little kids and teenagers can acquire skills that they would find helpful in the future.
23. Spa Retreat Center: If you have a lot of funds to invest, you can set up a spa with accommodation facilities where people can visit when they need an escape from the hustle and bustle of society.
24. Beekeeping Farm: Producing and selling honey, beeswax and other bee products is another lucrative business. You can convert your land into a bee farm where you can raise bees and process their by-products for sale.
25. Livestock Farming: You can also rear cattle, goats and other edible livestock, and earn good profits from selling processed meats and other livestock byproducts to wholesalers and consumers.
26. Farmer’s Market: Another business idea is to convert your space into a farmers market where farmers can gather to sell and their produce. You can make money from charging the farmers a small fee to use your facilities.
27. Wind Turbine: Another lucrative business idea is to set up a wind turbine. Alternative energy is big business right now and you can earn good money from supplying wind energy to commercial ventures and private homes around you.
28. Outdoor Yoga Studio: Yoga is a trendy physical fitness activity. There are some forms of Yoga that are done outdoors. You can convert your land into one of such outdoor yoga studios and charge some money to use your facilities.
29. Solar Energy Turbine: Setting up a solar energy turbine is equally, if not more lucrative than setting up a wind energy turbine. You can decide to do one or both depending on how large your land space is.
30. Rent it Out: If you don’t have enough capital, you can simply sit back and earn regular income from renting your land to other people for commercial use.
31. Outdoor Storage Facility: Another idea is to set up a storage facility where people can store large items like boats, vehicles, equipment, and other stuffs that require a lot of storage space.
32. School: If you can obtain the necessary permits and licenses, and you can afford the capital, you can use your space to set up a school.
33. Pet Park: Pet owners often need places where their pets can get some exercise and fun. You can set up a pet park and charge people some fees to assess it.
34. Commercial Office Space: You can build office spaces or shopping centers on your land, and make money from renting it out.
35. Outdoor Photography Studio: Another lucrative idea is to set up an outdoor photography studio where people can take photos and relax.
36. Flea Market: You can convert your land into a flea market and charge people fees to use your space.
37. Co-working Space: The popularity of internet-based businesses has made working from home very lucrative. You can set up a co-working space on your property, and rent it out to people around you who work from home.
38. Server Farm: You can also make money from converting your land into a private or commercial server farm.
39. Mechanic Workshop: Another idea is to convert your land into a sort of mechanic village where mechanics can rent spaces to ply their trade.
40. Gaming Center: You can set up a gaming park on your land where people can visit with their family and friends to play games. You can also set up a casino if your zoning laws permit it.
41. Micro-Brewery: Setting up a micro-brewery is another lucrative business idea. You can brew beer for sale to people around you.
42. Furniture Making Center: You can make money from constructing a place where furniture is made or revamped.
43. Incinerator: You can convert your land into a commercial incinerator where waste collectors can dump their wastes in exchange for some fees. There are very strict zoning laws for this so you have to do your research before starting this type of business.
44. Divide and Sell: Another idea that can make you money especially if it’s a large expanse of land is to divide it into smaller plots, and resell to other people for a profit.
45. Fruit Farming: You can grow fruits on your land and resell them to fruits juice companies, and private consumers.
46. Food Park: You can convert your land into a form of food village where food sellers can gather to operate their businesses and residents of the area and/or tourists can visit to enjoy sumptuous meals.
47. Car Wash: Car wash is another great business idea for people with vacant land especially lands that are along the road or in busy centers.
48. Old People’s Home: Another business idea is to set up a senior citizen care center where aged people can live and be cared for.
49. Wedding Garden: You can also convert your land into a beautiful garden where people can hold fairytale weddings.
50. Fashion Village: You can also set up a fashion village on your property, and have people who sell clothes, shoes, designer items, and other fashion accessories gather to collectively ply their trade.