How much does it cost to buy insurance leads online? Are you an insurance agent and you seek ways to generate leads for your business? Do you want to learn how to get commercial insurance leads online? If you answered YES to any of the questions above, then I advice you read on.
What are Insurance leads?
In marketing, lead is used to refer to potential sales contacts who have recently expressed interest in certain products or services. Insurance leads are generated when people show interest in buying insurance products and provide their contact information. These leads are often compiled by lead generation companies and sold to insurance agents who would now buy them, call up these potential customers and do their best to convert these leads into sales.
How Do Buying Insurance Leads Help your Business?
As an insurance agent, you are selling a service that is slightly difficult to sell. If you were selling groceries for instance, you may be able to sit in your store and expect customers to come in and make their purchases but this is not the case with insurance. With insurance, it’s the other way round; you have to go after the customers instead. Now, you wouldn’t want to waste your precious time and energy going after the wrong people.
If you decide to go on a marketing campaign without leads, which I would call ‘blind’ marketing, you would meet a lot of uninterested clients with the occasional door slamming and phone banging but when you buy marketing leads, you are approaching people who are interested in your services so that even if they wouldn’t be buying from you, they would be willing to listen to you and if you are lucky enough, you may be able to change their minds and have them buy from you.
How to Get Free Insurance Leads Online
Before I go ahead to tell you how to buy insurance leads, I think it is important that I tell you how you can get free leads for your business. This is because insurance leads don’t come cheap and sometimes they are not effective so to reduce the costs of running your business, you should know how to generate your own insurance leads too. To get free insurance leads, you should do the following;
- Create a search engine optimized website for your insurance business so that people looking to buy insurance products can easily land on your page.
- Create a blog for your business where you would extensively discuss insurance topics. People who are interested in insurance would most likely be on the top list of your readers.
- Invest in pay-per-click advertising campaigns. Google has a very effective one.
- Social media advertising advertisement is also very effective too. Make use of social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google Plus.
- Contribute interesting articles on high traffic blogs that allow guest blogging.
- Advertise in forums and high traffic blogs.
6 Things to Consider Before Buying Insurance Leads Online
- Average buyers per lead-: First, you have to know how many other agents have laid their hands on that list before it got to you. If the lead generation company has sold that same list to several other agents before you, you would be able to brace yourself up for the competition. Therefore, you should go for a company that supplies you with adequate sales information.
- Return policy-: You should also go with an insurance company that gives you the opportunity to make returns and get a refund in case you run into bad insurance leads.
- Exclusive leads-: You should also look out for exclusive leads other than shared leads. Although exclusive leads would cost you more money, it provides more result than shared leads.
- Company’s reputation and Customer satisfaction-: Another thing to consider is the reputation of the lead generation company. Before you patronize any company, make sure you find out as much as you can about the company and also, look out for reviews from past customers. If there have been a lot of sales conversions from the leads the company sells, then you would know that the company offers good sales leads.
- Generation methods-: The method used by the company to generate its leads is also important. You should find out how the company generates its leads before you commit to the purchase.
- Pre-Qualified leads-: Pre-qualifying leads are a good way to separate the wheat from the chaff. It is a way of separate people who are just searching for information on the internet from people who are actually interested in buying insurance. When you want to buy insurance leads for your business, try as much as possible to stick with buying pre-qualified leads.
How to Buy Insurance Leads Online in Six Steps
- Set up a budget-: Before you go ahead to buy insurance leads, it is important that you set a budget detailing how much you are willing to spend on marketing and how much of that you are going to spend on leads.
- Have realistic expectations-: You should be aware that it’s not all leads that would be converted to sales so you must have a realistic expectation of what you would achieve from the leads you would buy.
- Start small-: You shouldn’t go all out at once especially if you are a first timer. Instead, you should buy in bits until you become very confident in the system and you are sure that you can achieve desired results.
- Compare different lead generation companies-: Before you commit to purchasing from any company, you should compare different providers in terms of prices and results. It is also better to buy in bits from different companies than buying in bulk from one company.
- Be smart about it-: Potential clients are not going to wait forever for you to find them. With the number of insurance agents in the world today, i doubt that it would be difficult for people to find good offers quickly; therefore, when you buy leads, you have to be smart about it and make contact very fast before another agent closes the deal.
- Track results-: Don’t just keep buying leads without tracking results. You should always track your results and do a cost-benefit analysis. And if you ever run into bad leads, you should hesitate to return and get a refund.