From data handling to software engineering, Google has a lot of work-at-home positions that you can apply for—provided you meet the requirements. So, whether you are looking for a full-time work-from-home position or a part-time job to fetch you some side income, you might just find your dream job with Google.
Because Google is a company that is well known for valuing its employees, you can be sure that any position you take up with the company will attract a decent pay. However, there many other benefits that comes with working for Google. You will be able to establish with high-profile individuals, and you will enjoy the prestige and fulfillment that comes with working for a global brand.
If you like the idea of working with Google and would like to give it a shot, read on to understand the guidelines for landing a job with the company that owns the world’s most popular web search engine.
How to Make Money Working from Home for Google
1. Prepare your mind-: First, you need to know that getting a work-at-home job at Google will not be an easy process by any means. The companies handling the hiring process for Google’s positions want the most outstanding candidates. They want the cream of the crop. They want candidates that will be huge assets to Google and that will contribute immensely to the company’s growth. So, the selection process is always tedious.
Another reason why the application process takes time is that there are too many applicants. Whenever you apply for a work-at-home job with Google, you can be sure that several hundreds of other applicants are targeting the same position. And you only stand a chance to get employed if you have what it takes to scale the hurdles of the hiring process. So, if you are not willing to put in at least 15 hours just for the application process, you can stop right here.
2. Gather the requirements-: To work from home for Google, you will need a PC and a high speed internet connection. You will also need a good browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. To receive your paychecks via direct deposit, you will need to create a checking account. And for easy and effective correspondence, you will be required to open a Gmail account if you don’t have one already. Though you won’t get to use these things until after you have landed the job, having them on ground can prepare you psychologically for the job.
3. Start applying for Google’s work-at-home jobs-: Two companies handle most of the hiring for Google’s online jobs—Lionbridge.com and Leapforce.com. For most jobs, you will be paid between $12-$15 per hour, and you are required to work at least 10 hours per week, with a maximum of 20 hours per week.
You can visit any of the two websites mentioned to fill out an application. Once your application is approved, you will receive a notification that you are to write an online pre-test as part of the application process. This first test is a two-hour exam meant to test your math and reasoning skills. Get the details you will need to take the exam and take it as requested.
If you fail the pre-test, then that’s the end of it all. You will have to try again later. But if you pass, you will then be required to take the final exam. This exam will span 10 hours (yes, 10 good hours!). Before writing this final exam, you will be given study materials, which you should read completely in your best interest. The exam is grueling, but you are allowed to complete it over several days, so you don’t have to go take all 10 hours at once. This exam is hard, and it’s what determines whether you will get the job or not. If you can’t pass it, then you won’t get the job.
Within one week of completing the 10-hour final exam, you will be notified if you passed or failed. If you pass, then you will be required to complete a W-9 tax form and your banking information will be obtained. At that point, you have been officially hired by Google.
When you are new to the system, you will have no idea what to do. But there are plenty of tutorials to familiarize you with the work. At first, the job may seem scary and agonizing, and you might even feel like quitting. But after a few weeks, you will have gotten a better understanding of your job, and you will even start to enjoy it.
- How to Work from Home Assembling Circuit Boards for Companies - March 8, 2021
- How to Work from Home Making Jewelries for Companies - March 8, 2021
- How to Work from Home Assembling Pens for Companies - March 4, 2021