Opening a juice bar comes with a great deal of preparation, such as deciding on a concept, atmosphere, hues, and advertising approach. Note that the materials you need for this business will be determined by your company’s objectives and the juices you intend to serve.
Preparing juices and smoothies necessitates the use of advanced professional blenders capable of liquefying frozen fruit and vegetables, in addition to cold presses capable of extracting elements from any plant. Take into account what’s vital for your activities, and plan for the equipment you require.
If you’re considering opening a juice bar, you’re undoubtedly asking what kind of apparatus you’ll require. The equipment listed underneath includes just about anything you’ll require to operate a juice and smoothie bar.
What Equipment Do You Need to Start a Juice Bar?
Juicers & Cold Presses
Cold presses and juicers are known to create identical products but employ distinct techniques. Commercial juicers tend to crush down fruits and vegetables with a metal blade as well as a mesh filter. And they leverage the machine’s centrifugal pressure to filter fluids from solids.
Cold press juicers employ high force to extract water, oils, and minerals from fruits and vegetables. Cold presses are quite expensive, however, they are able to separate elements out of plants. The power of the blade in centrifugal juicers adds warmth to the operation, whereas a cold press does not.
Commercial blenders are another apparatus needed in a juice bar. It is critical to conduct studies on brand longevity, pricing, and specs before making a purchase. Liquefying frozen fruits and ice wreaks havoc on little motors; understand how and where to fix blenders or hire a professional repair expert to maintain them in good working order.
Freezers and Refrigerators
Fresh foods need cold storage space. Freezers and refrigerators are essential components of every food business plan. Note if your juice bar will be busy enough to need a walk-in cooler. Commercial refrigeration equipment might well be long-lasting and sturdy if your crew is trained in maintenance and care.
Ovens, Grills, and Ranges
Although this is not a primary issue for a juice bar or smoothie shop, purchasing an oven, grill, and perhaps other cooking surfaces enables you to supplement beverages with grilled sandwiches, rolls, and greens.
Cake displays exhibit all your baked goods, pies, rolls, desserts, salads, and numerous other items inside their multi-tiered refrigerated glass cage. This is a must-have for every café! They are available in a variety of capacities, manufacturers, combinations, and designs, such as stand-alone and countertops.
Juice bars are frequently grab-and-go establishments. As a result, you must take into account the following:
- Carryout cups: Your core commodity is juice and smoothies; therefore you must make the best choice on carryout cups. Paper, plastic, or Styrofoam? Glasses, lids, and straws are also a bit pricey. Choose the option that is appropriate for your business and finances.
- Paper plates, paper boats, or clamshells: This single-use service wear, which is required for grab-and-go or take-out services, is a pricey expense to operate a restaurant or bar.
- Takeout cutlery: For food places and cafés, single-use items are shockingly pricey – plastic silverware adds a lot. Conserve cash by asking each client if they require utensils.
Food Prep Equipment
Remember to bring tiny devices, cutlery, baking basins, microplanes, and other items!
- Knives: Purchase an assortment of knives and discover how and where to sharpen them for convenience and safety. To retain your asset in top shape, you’ll also need a sharpening rock.
- Cutting boards: Good cutting boards succeed in making a big impact on the preparation process. Boards featuring lips around all the sides to keep liquid controlled or boards featuring grips for ease of moving are popular.
- Pots and pans: Pick high-quality items that will be useful in your kitchen. Pots and pans are basics that, when adequately cared for, will endure a long time.
- Food processors: Food processors are excellent for dissolving soups and sauces as well as guaranteeing a uniform chop or mince.
- Mixers: If you want to sell baked products, mixers make huge amounts of batter easier to prepare.
- Shelving and storage containers: Storage will typically be necessary for safety and order. They ensure that you can organize items for specific recipes or beverages near the place where they’ll be cooked.
Sinks are required for food preparation, washing, and removal. Sinks are required at both the bar and the kitchen.
- Compartment sinks: Three-compartment sinks are often required to fulfill food safety regulations for dishwashing and disinfecting.
- Disposal sinks: Disposal sinks, also known as bar sinks, are strategically placed to capture any fluid that must be dumped.
- Handwashing sink: Workers should have access to specialized handwashing sinks in order to sustain safe food handling requirements.
- First aid kits
- Date labels
- Bar rags
- Food-grade cleaning supplies
- Chemical safety data sheets
A Reliable POS System
A solid point-of-sale system is essential for all organizations. Whenever your system operates swiftly, without excessive loading or time-consuming alternatives, it ends up making your operations more efficient. A solid point-of-sale system increases productivity in your shop.
Ice Dispensers may dispense ice as needed for drinking and other uses. To trigger the ice to first be delivered into a drink or cup, a button or lever is often tapped. They are available in a variety of sizes, manufacturers, combinations, and designs.
Refrigerated beverage dispensers keep your drinks very cold at all times. They are available in a variety of sizes, manufacturers, combinations, and styles.
Crushed ice is ideal for serving drinks, refreshments, and even some desserts. A few ice crushers also have the ability to alter the coarseness of crushed ice. They are available in a variety of sizes, manufacturers, combinations, and patterns.
Milkshake machines are intended to pump out frozen cream smoothies as well as thick shakes quickly, reliably, and cleanly. They are available in a variety of sizes, brands, combinations, and layouts.
Storage & Ice Bins
Ice bins are utilized to catch ice cubes or flakes beneath ice production machine heads. The Ice bin is a distinct element from the Ice Machine Head and is utilized in high-volume situations. They are available in a variety of dimensions, models, combinations, and styles.