Are you writing a smoothie bar business plan? If YES, here is a sample smoothie bar financial projection, sales cost, profit & loss statement. In setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake.
If you intend to go big by renting a place, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that the start-up can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business. The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked.
Table of Content
Startup Expenditure (Budget)
As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a smoothie business; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money. When it comes to starting a juice and smoothie bar business the major areas that you look towards spending the bulk of your cash is in the purchase of latest smoothie making machines and juicers and of course renting or leasing well located facilities.
Aside from that, you are not expected to spend much except for paying of your employees and the purchase of supplies. This is the key areas where we will spend our start – up capital;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in Texas – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $1,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Savannah’s Smoothie Drinks ®, LLC in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of – $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – ,400.
- Cost for payment of rent for 12 month at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $105,600.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory (raw materials and packaging materials et al) – $80,000
- Storage hardware (bins, rack, shelves, food case) – $3,720
- The cost for counter area equipment (counter top, sink, ice machine, etc.) – $9,500
- Cost for juicers and smoothie making equipment – $20,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Cost of purchase of distribution vans – $50,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website – $600
- The cost for our opening party – $5,000
- Miscellaneous – $5,000
TOTAL EXPENSES: $354,200
We would need an estimate of $400,000 to successfully set up our juice and smoothie bar business in Dallas – Texas. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all the staff for the first 3 month of operation.
Sources of Income
Savannah’s Smoothie Drinks ®, LLC is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the juice and smoothie bars industry in the United States of America and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to sell a wide range of fresh juice and smoothies to a wide range of customers. Savannah’s Smoothie Drinks ®, LLC will generate income by selling the following products;
- Selling smoothies made from frozen yogurt
- Selling fresh-made juice drinks
- Selling fresh-made smoothies
- Selling other beverage and food items
- Training, Advisory and Consultancy Services
- Selling Franchise
One thing is certain when it comes to fresh juice and smoothie bar business, if your juice and smoothies are well – packaged and branded and if your juice and smoothie bar is centrally positioned and easily accessible, you will always attract customers cum sales and that will sure translate to increase in revenue generation for the business.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Dallas – Texas and every city where our fresh juice and smoothies will be sold and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow the business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine the juice and smoothie bars industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in Dallas – Texas.
Below is the sales projection for Savannah’s Smoothie Drinks ®, LCC, it is based on the location of our business and other factors as it relates to small scale and medium scale juice and smoothie bars start – ups in the United States;
- First Fiscal Year-: $200,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $350,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $750,000
A small cup of smoothie will cost $5
- Selling 10,000 cups will cost $50,000
A large cup of smoothie will cost $7
- Selling 10,000 cups will cost $70,000
A cup of fresh made juice will cost $8
- Selling 10,000 cups will cost $80,000
TOTAL INCOME : $200,000
ON-GOING OPERATIONAL EXPENSES:
- Operational cost for second quarter of the year (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- Operational cost for third quarter of the year (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- Operational cost for last quarter of the year (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- Equipment rental, repairs and maintenance – $5,000
- Supplies (smoothie materials ) – $10,000
- Credit card processing fees – $1,000
- Other miscellaneous expenses – $4,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same products and customer care services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- 10 Pros and Cons of Owning a Vending Machine Business - December 2, 2020
- 4 Best Types of Fan That Prepare You for Skydiving - December 1, 2020
- 10 Best Types of GoPro Mount Rig Chest Strap for Skydiving - December 1, 2020