Are you writing a water park business plan? If YES, here is a sample water park financial projection, sales cost, profit & loss statement. This is what it would cost us to set up Rainbow Ruby® Water Parks, Inc. in the United of America;
Table of Content
Startup Expenditure (Budget)
- The total fee for registering the business in the United States of America – $750.
- The cost for legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $1,500.
- Marketing promotion expenses (8,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $10,000.
- The cost for hiring Business Consultant – $5,000.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – ,800.
- The cost of accounting software, CRM software and Payroll Software – $3,000
- The cost for leasing facility for the water park – $250,000.
- The cost for facility remodeling and equipping the facility with various water play facility – $250,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $1000
- Phone and utility deposits – $3,500
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $50,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory – $15,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, video games, snooker board, tables and chairs et al) – $10,000.
- The cost of launching a website – $600
- The cost for our grand opening party – $15,000
- Miscellaneous – $15,000
TOTAL EXPENSES: $661,150
We would need an estimate of $750,000 to successfully launch a small but standard water park park in Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater – Florida.
Generating Startup Capital for Rainbow Ruby® Water Parks, Inc.
Rainbow Ruby® Water Parks, Inc. is owned and managed by Reginald Sawyer. He decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital for the business to just three major sources. These are the areas we intend generating our startup capital;
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the startup capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank (loan facility).
N.B: We have been able to generate about $250,000 (Personal savings $200,000 and soft loan from family members $50,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $500,000 from our bank. All the papers and document have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
Sources of Income
Rainbow Ruby® Water Parks, Inc. is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the Water Parks industry and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to attract customers on a regular basis. Rainbow Ruby® Water Parks, Inc. will generate income by offering the following services;
- Operating water – play areas, such as waterslides, splash pads, spray – grounds (water playgrounds), lazy rivers or other recreational bathing, swimming and barefooting environments et al
- Operating water attractions
- Operating recreational bathing facilities
- Selling merchandise
- Selling food and beverages
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field. It would be hard to create a sales forecast with a newly opened business like water park because the statistics that will be provided will be on a short term basis.
Experts say that usually a business should be in operation for at least one year before they can generate the statistics that will be accurate in forecasting; statistics should be at least one-year-old in order to show the trends and patterns in consumer spending.
We expect to welcome a minimum of 12,000 customers i.e. 0ne thousand customers per month within our first year of operations and then in subsequent years, we will grow by 25 percent on more. Below are the sales projection for Rainbow Ruby® Water Parks, Inc., it is based on the location of our water park facility and the services we will be offering to our members;
- First Fiscal Year: $300,000
- Second Fiscal Year: $500,000
- Third Fiscal Year: $750,000
Operating water – play areas, such as waterslides, splash pads, spray – grounds (water playgrounds), lazy rivers or other recreational bathing, swimming and barefooting environments et al
For kids age 3-9 will cost $45
- Having 3,000 kids, it will cost $135,000
For guest age 10 and above will cost $55
- having 3,000 guest, it will cost $165,000
TOTAL INCOME : $300,000
ON-GOING OPERATIONAL EXPENSES:
- Operational cost for second quarter of the year (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $50,000
- Operational cost for third quarter of the year (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $50,000
- Operational cost for last quarter of the year (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $50,000
- Equipment rental, repairs and maintenance – $5,000
- Office supplies (stationaries) – $4,000
- Credit card processing fees – $1,000
- Other miscellaneous expenses – $10,000
N.B: This projection was done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major competitor offering same services as we do within 4.5 miles’ radius.