In the United States, it is practically impossible to get Restaurant Depot membership without a business. The only way you can access Restaurant Depot without a business is if you can get day passes as an area KCBS member. You just have to go to the KCBS site and print out the RD page. You can join KCBS and can get a day pass through them. You just print and take the instructions that KCBS has on their website to the person at the front of the store and show them your card and they will give you a day pass.
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. The company’s mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection and service, seven days a week. This company has been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. Over the years, they have become the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing more on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.
At Restaurant Depot, one-stop shopping makes the process of buying food, equipment and supplies very easy. There are no minimum purchase requirements. Whether you buy a few bakery supplies or enough food and tableware to cater a party for 5,000, shopping at Restaurant Depot can save you time and money. And at Restaurant Depot, members have the option to purchase many items by the piece, by the case or in five or more case quantities, saving on the unit costs accordingly.
Membership into Restaurant Depot is only available to qualified owners or operators of food businesses and non-profit organizations. Membership is free, but to qualify, you are expected to apply for membership and provide a valid reseller’s permit and tax-exempt certificate and proof that you are authorized to purchase for the said business or organization.
Note that after your membership is confirmed, you will receive an account number and membership card. If you wish to purchase beer, wine or spirits, you will also need to present the appropriate seller’s permit, business license, or the like. However, the company reserves the right to deny membership (a) if You do not qualify under these Terms, (b) if You fail to provide the information required by these Terms or if such information is invalid, (c) for convenience, or (d) for any other lawful reason.
Note that with Restaurant Depot, you agree to use your membership only for purchases relating to the operation of your business or non-profit organization. You are expected to present your membership card in order to enter a Jetro Cash & Carry or Restaurant Depot store. If you forget to bring your card, the company may provide you with a one-day shopping pass if you show appropriate identification. Your membership is not transferable to any other business, organization, or individual.
Also note that you may need to present your state business license and, if applicable, your sales tax permit or tax exemption certificate. In some states, you also need your FEIN: CT, IN, MA and PA. If you wish to purchase beer, wine or spirits, you will need to present your state license. You can always use your card to shop at any Restaurant Depot location across the USA. You will also gain access to the free, members-only benefits on the company’s website: check your purchase history, search for products, build shopping lists, and send feedback for which you could win a $100 gift certificate and more.
How to Get a Restaurant Depot Membership in the United States
First and foremost, remember that Restaurant Depot is not open to the public. Free membership cards are issued at the company’s warehouse stores to those who own or manage a restaurant, coffee shop, bar, pizzeria, night club, caterer, deli, foodservice distributor and non-profit organization. Therefore, if you do not have a Restaurant Depot membership account and you qualify for membership, visit the company’s website for your membership card. Restaurant Depot membership is FREE for qualified businesses. Just apply here for membership. The application is quick and easy.
Once you have completed the application, visit the store you selected as your Preferred Store. However, make sure to bring a valid reseller’s permit (business license) and tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organizations) and proof that you are authorized to purchase for that business or organization. If you wish to purchase beer, wine or spirits, also bring your state license. The store will then print a membership card for you. You can then use your card to shop at any Restaurant Depot location across the USA. Once you have purchased, you will be able to log in to the company’s Online Catalogue. There you can check your purchase history, search for products, create shopping lists, obtain recommendations for future purchases and manage your inventory.
Benefits of Becoming a Restaurant Depot Member
There are so many benefits associated with becoming a member of Restaurant Depot. These benefits include;
- Low Prices: You enjoy everyday low prices and monthly specials for extra big savings.
- Huge Selection: The Company boasts of stocking an enormous selection of brand names and their own quality brands.
- One-stop Shopping: With Restaurant Depot you just don’t save money, you also save time! Their inventory includes everything a foodservice operator needs so you don’t have to make several stops to stock up on food and supplies.
- No Minimum Purchase Required: Note that you do not have to buy in bulk to save at Restaurant Depot. Savings are guaranteed whether you buy one or a hundred items.
- Shopping Made Quick and Easy: You won’t waste time searching for products or calculating costs. Items are grouped and merchandised by category, and prices are clearly displayed.
- Open Every Day: with Restaurant Depot you never get caught short on inventory. Restaurant Depot is always open 7 days a week to serve you. They only close on New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- For Members Only: Remember they are not open to the public. Free membership cards are issued at their warehouse stores to those who own or manage a restaurant, coffee shop, bar, pizzeria, night club, caterer, deli, foodservice distributor and non-profit organization.
- Advertised Specials: The company boost of keeping its members informed about special pricing offers and events by direct mail and by email.
- Value-added Services: Members are also eligible for exclusive discounts on products and services provided by approved vendors.
Restaurant Depot is a wholesale cash and carry foodservice supplier where you will find quality products at low prices. They sell a broad selection of products for independent restaurants, caterers and non-profits. To qualify for a free membership account, you need to show a valid reseller’s permit (business license) or tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization) and proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization.