Do you want to get a restaurant depot membership card without actually owning a business? If YES, here is a workaround you can try. In the United States, it is practically impossible to get Restaurant Depot membership without a business. The only way you can access Restaurant Depot without a business is if you can get day passes as an area KCBS member.
You just have to go to the KCBS site and print out the RD page. You can join KCBS and can get a day pass through them. You just print and take the instructions that KCBS has on their website to the person at the front of the store and show them your card and they will give you a day pass.
Table of Content
- What is Restaurant Depot?
- Benefits of Becoming a Restaurant Depot Member
- How Much Is A Restaurant Depot Membership?
- 2. How Do You Qualify For Restaurant Depot Membership?
- 3. Who Can Shop At Restaurant Depot?
- 4. What Does Restaurant Depot Carry?
- 5. Can Non Members Shop At Restaurant Depot?
- 6. What Do You Need To Get A Restaurant Depot Card?
- 7. What Is The Dress Code For Restaurant Depot?
- 8. Can You Return Food To Restaurant Depot?
- 9. Does Restaurant Depot Sell Oxtails?
- 10. What Is A Typical Day Like At Restaurant Depot?
- 11. Can You Use Credit Cards At Restaurant Depot?
- 12. Where Does Restaurant Depot Get Their Meat?
- 13. How Many Restaurant Depot Locations Are There?
- 14. Which Agency Enforces Food Safety In A Restaurant Or Food Service Operation?
- 15. Can You Order Online From Restaurant Depot?
- 16. What Is The Pay For Cashiers At Restaurant Depot?
- 17. Are Jetro And Restaurant Depot The Same?
- 18. How Do You Get A Restaurant Depot Membership Without A Business?
- 19. Or If You Do Have A Business, What Do You Need To Show Them As Proof?
- 20. Does Restaurant Depot Carry Hand Sanitizer?
- 21. What Are Controllable Costs In A Restaurant?
- 22. Does Restaurant Depot Sell Lobster?
- 23. Does Restaurant Depot Sell Alcohol?
- 24. How Flexible Are Working Hours At Restaurant Depot?
- 25. What Happens When A Restaurant Fails Inspection Test?
- 26. Does Restaurant Depot Sell Face Masks?
- 27. What Is The Best Part Of Working At Restaurant Depot?
- 28. Does Restaurant Depot Take Debit Cards?
- 29. Is Restaurant Depot Cash Only?
- 31. Does Restaurant Depot Sell Toilet Paper?
- 37. Who Is The Biggest Food Distributor?
What is Restaurant Depot?
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. The company’s mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection and service, seven days a week. This company has been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990.
Over the years, they have become the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing more on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.
At Restaurant Depot, one-stop shopping makes the process of buying food, equipment and supplies very easy. There are no minimum purchase requirements. Whether you buy a few bakery supplies or enough food and tableware to cater a party for 5,000, shopping at Restaurant Depot can save you time and money. And at Restaurant Depot, members have the option to purchase many items by the piece, by the case or in five or more case quantities, saving on the unit costs accordingly.
Membership into Restaurant Depot is only available to qualified owners or operators of food businesses and non-profit organizations. Membership is free, but to qualify, you are expected to apply for membership and provide a valid reseller’s permit and tax-exempt certificate and proof that you are authorized to purchase for the said business or organization.
Note that after your membership is confirmed, you will receive an account number and membership card. If you wish to purchase beer, wine or spirits, you will also need to present the appropriate seller’s permit, business license, or the like.
However, the company reserves the right to deny membership (a) if You do not qualify under these Terms, (b) if You fail to provide the information required by these Terms or if such information is invalid, (c) for convenience, or (d) for any other lawful reason.
Note that with Restaurant Depot, you agree to use your membership only for purchases relating to the operation of your business or non-profit organization. You are expected to present your membership card in order to enter a Jetro Cash & Carry or Restaurant Depot store.
If you forget to bring your card, the company may provide you with a one-day shopping pass if you show appropriate identification. Your membership is not transferable to any other business, organization, or individual.
Also note that you may need to present your state business license and, if applicable, your sales tax permit or tax exemption certificate. In some states, you also need your FEIN: CT, IN, MA and PA. If you wish to purchase beer, wine or spirits, you will need to present your state license.
You can always use your card to shop at any Restaurant Depot location across the USA. You will also gain access to the free, members-only benefits on the company’s website: check your purchase history, search for products, build shopping lists, and send feedback for which you could win a $100 gift certificate and more.
How to Get a Restaurant Depot Membership in the United States
First and foremost, remember that Restaurant Depot is not open to the public. Free membership cards are issued at the company’s warehouse stores to those who own or manage a restaurant, coffee shop, bar, pizzeria, night club, caterer, deli, food service distributor and non-profit organization.
Therefore, if you do not have a Restaurant Depot membership account and you qualify for membership, visit the company’s website for your membership card. Restaurant Depot membership is FREE for qualified businesses. Just apply here for membership. The application is quick and easy.
Once you have completed the application, visit the store you selected as your Preferred Store. However, make sure to bring a valid reseller’s permit (business license) and tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organizations) and proof that you are authorized to purchase for that business or organization.
If you wish to purchase beer, wine or spirits, also bring your state license. The store will then print a membership card for you. You can then use your card to shop at any Restaurant Depot location across the USA. Once you have purchased, you will be able to log in to the company’s Online Catalogue. There you can check your purchase history, search for products, create shopping lists, obtain recommendations for future purchases and manage your inventory.
Benefits of Becoming a Restaurant Depot Member
There are so many benefits associated with becoming a member of Restaurant Depot. These benefits include;
- Low Prices: You enjoy everyday low prices and monthly specials for extra big savings.
- Huge Selection: The Company boasts of stocking an enormous selection of brand names and their own quality brands.
- One-stop Shopping: With Restaurant Depot you just don’t save money, you also save time! Their inventory includes everything a foodservice operator needs so you don’t have to make several stops to stock up on food and supplies.
- No Minimum Purchase Required: Note that you do not have to buy in bulk to save at Restaurant Depot. Savings are guaranteed whether you buy one or a hundred items.
- Shopping Made Quick and Easy: You won’t waste time searching for products or calculating costs. Items are grouped and merchandised by category, and prices are clearly displayed.
- Open Every Day: with Restaurant Depot you never get caught short on inventory. Restaurant Depot is always open 7 days a week to serve you. They only close on New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- For Members Only: Remember they are not open to the public. Free membership cards are issued at their warehouse stores to those who own or manage a restaurant, coffee shop, bar, pizzeria, night club, caterer, deli, foodservice distributor and non-profit organization.
- Advertised Specials: The company boost of keeping its members informed about special pricing offers and events by direct mail and by email.
- Value-added Services: Members are also eligible for exclusive discounts on products and services provided by approved vendors.
Frequently Asked Questions About Restaurant Depot Membership
How Much Is A Restaurant Depot Membership?
Membership for Restaurant Depot is free.
2. How Do You Qualify For Restaurant Depot Membership?
To qualify for restaurant depot membership, you need to be an owner or operator of food businesses or a non-profit organization. Membership is free, but to qualify, you have to apply for membership and provide a valid reseller’s permit and tax-exempt certificate and proof that you are authorized to purchase for the said business or organization.
You will also agree to comply with the company’s Terms. And after your membership is confirmed, you will receive an account number and membership card. If you wish to purchase beer, wine or spirits, you will also need to present the appropriate seller’s permit, business license, or the like.
3. Who Can Shop At Restaurant Depot?
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Restaurant Depot is not open to the public. Free membership cards are issued at the warehouse stores to those who own or manage a restaurant, coffee shop, bar, pizzeria, night club, caterer, deli, foodservice distributor or non-profit organization.
4. What Does Restaurant Depot Carry?
- Restaurant equipment and furniture
- Small wares
- Clothing & Apparel
- Fresh Produce
- Fresh & Frozen Meat
- Dry Groceries
- Janitorial supplies
5. Can Non Members Shop At Restaurant Depot?
No, non-members cannot shop at restaurant depot because it is a members-only wholesale cash and carry foodservice supplier. However, during the Covid-19 pandemic, Restaurant Depot extended its goods to non-member customers and that was the first time in the company’s 40-year history that the general public could shop inside its stores.
6. What Do You Need To Get A Restaurant Depot Card?
- A valid reseller’s permit (business license)
- Tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization)
- Proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization.
7. What Is The Dress Code For Restaurant Depot?
Customers are required to wear jeans and a polo specifically provided by Restaurant Depot. They are also expected to wear appropriate shoes. These should be sturdy, with slip-resistant soles. You are not allowed to wear flip-flops, high-heels, open-toe sandals and the like.
8. Can You Return Food To Restaurant Depot?
Yes, you may exchange or return for refund any non-perishable grocery or foodservice merchandise within 30 days of the purchase date on your register receipt. Perishable merchandise, electrical appliances and equipment may be returned with your receipt up to 72 hours after purchase.
9. Does Restaurant Depot Sell Oxtails?
Yes, Oxtails is a dish that is popular around the world, but specifically within the Caribbean and within Caribbean communities in the US and Europe. It’s a very simple, but time intensive dish. Restaurant Depot has a 15lb box for $4.67 lb.
10. What Is A Typical Day Like At Restaurant Depot?
Note that every department at restaurant depot is different. For instance, if you work front end which is made up of a cashier or a door checker, then your day will be to make sure everything on the cart adds up to everything on the receipt.
If you work in any of the pack out areas such as produce, deli, meat, seafood, freezer or even the floor, then you are tasked with covering a section or a certain aisle and to make sure your section is well stocked and also everything is rotated based of dates to look appealing for the customers to purchase.
If you work in the receiving section, then you would more or less just unload products from the delivery trucks each day and bring the pallets to each department.
11. Can You Use Credit Cards At Restaurant Depot?
Yes, restaurant depot accepts cash, checks (with prior approval and identification), debit and credit cards (MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover) as payment for merchandise.
12. Where Does Restaurant Depot Get Their Meat?
Restaurant Depot just like most restaurants gets deliveries from Sysco, US Foods, or other regional suppliers. Some also tend to have a specific meat company, or they may be local produce or meat suppliers that operate at a local level.
13. How Many Restaurant Depot Locations Are There?
Restaurant Depot boasts of over 130 locations in 33 states.
14. Which Agency Enforces Food Safety In A Restaurant Or Food Service Operation?
In the United States, there are national, provincial and city laws that apply to restaurants and food service operations, however, local health departments are tasked with the enforcement of food safety in restaurants or food service operations within their territory. These organizations conduct pre – opening inspections, regularly monitor restaurant conditions and investigate customer complaints and charges of food poisoning.
15. Can You Order Online From Restaurant Depot?
Restaurant Depot sells equipment and supplies online, at TheRDStore.com. You can order food online via the company’s new Click & Collect service. You place an order online and the store will pick the items for you. When you arrive at the store, they’ll be ready and waiting.
16. What Is The Pay For Cashiers At Restaurant Depot?
Restaurant Depot Cashiers earn $21,000 – $26,000 annually, or $10.46 per hour.
17. Are Jetro And Restaurant Depot The Same?
Yes, Restaurant Depot was founded by Jerry Cohen but became a Jetro division in 1990.
18. How Do You Get A Restaurant Depot Membership Without A Business?
The only means to get Restaurant Depot Membership without a business is to acquire day passes as an area KCBS member. You can simply join KCBS, print and take the instructions that KCBS has on their website to the person at the front of the store and show them your card and they will give you a day pass.
19. Or If You Do Have A Business, What Do You Need To Show Them As Proof?
- A valid reseller’s permit (business license)
- Tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization)
- Proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization.
20. Does Restaurant Depot Carry Hand Sanitizer?
Yes, Restaurant Depot carries commercial Alcohol-based sanitizers that typically contain between 60 and 95 percent alcohol, usually in the form of ethanol, isopropanol, or n-propanol.
21. What Are Controllable Costs In A Restaurant?
As the name suggests, a controllable cost is an operational expenditure that can be reduced with some analysis, strategic thinking, and an overall proactive approach. Examples include;
- License and permit-related late fees
- Food Waste
- Parking tickets for a restaurant van or delivery vehicle
- Electricity costs
- Loan payments
- Direct materials
- Direct labour
- Late fees stemming from a water, gas, or internet bill
- Noise complaints
- Fines for over-serving patrons
- Fines related to health code violations
22. Does Restaurant Depot Sell Lobster?
Yes, from whole lobster and jumbo tails, to premium lobster meat, Restaurant Depot has you covered.
23. Does Restaurant Depot Sell Alcohol?
Yes, Restaurant Depot is a state-licensed wholesaler. However, if you wish to purchase beer, wine or spirits, you will need to present your state liquor license.
24. How Flexible Are Working Hours At Restaurant Depot?
A little flexible, but it tends to depend on your department. Each department is different especially in terms of scheduling needs. You can normally work either morning shift which is usually 8-5 or mid shift which is around 12- 9 or the night shift which is 4:30 to 1 am. Employees also work weekends but Sundays close at 2pm.
25. What Happens When A Restaurant Fails Inspection Test?
When a restaurant fails a health inspection, its operating costs will increase because of compulsory repairs, new equipment, and other improvements required by the health department. Howbeit, if a restaurant fails to fix a critical violation, it can be fined. There are a handful of super-serious health code violations that could provoke a health inspector to temporarily shut down a restaurant until the problem is fixed.
26. Does Restaurant Depot Sell Face Masks?
Yes, Restaurant Depot carry and Sell face masks.
27. What Is The Best Part Of Working At Restaurant Depot?
- Decent pay
- Promotion opportunities
- Easy to get hired
- Co-workers are friendly
- Clean and organized
28. Does Restaurant Depot Take Debit Cards?
Yes, restaurant depot accepts debit and credit cards (MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover) as payment for merchandise.
29. Is Restaurant Depot Cash Only?
No, restaurant depot accepts cash, checks (with prior approval and identification), debit and credit cards.
30. If You Were In Charge, What Would You Do To Make Restaurant Depot A Better Place To Work?
- Employee training
- More flexibility
- Effective Communication
- More opportunities for employees
- Increase pay
- Conducive business and working environment
- More safety during Covid-19
31. Does Restaurant Depot Sell Toilet Paper?
Yes, Restaurant Depot is a national chain of warehouse stores where restaurants buy food and non-perishable items that restaurants need, including toilet paper in large quantities.
32. Why Should I Login To My Account On The Restaurant Depot Website?
If you haven’t logged into restaurant depot website in a while, it is advisable you check it out. Logging in into restaurant depot website gives you access receipts from your in-store purchases, helps you set up a PIN to use if you buy alcohol from restaurant depot and provides a summary of your purchase history. You can also browse the inventory in your local store to plan your shopping trip.
33. How Does Restaurant Depot Prices Compare To Costco Or Sam’s Club?
Costco and Sam’s Club have very similar business models, but generally speaking, many items are cheaper at Costco and Sam’s Club than at supermarkets and big box stores. Normally, you can usually save around 30 to 40 percent over the same trip to Restaurant Depot or about 20 percent compared to Sam’s Club’s or Costco.
34. How Can You Support Your Local Health Care Workers?
- Tell them how much you appreciate them
- Follow CDC guidelines
- Be a good listener
- Respect their need for distance – emotional or physical
- Donate food or other supplies to their workplaces
- Take on extra chores
- Relieve their mental load
- Find an outlet for your fears and anxieties
- Give them a gift
- Take care of yourself
35. Why Do You Need More Than One Shopping List Or Order Guide?
There are a few scenarios where multiple Shopping Lists or Order Guides can help:
- If you have multiple locations, you may need a different Shopping List for each location. The Order Guides for those locations may be the same or different.
- Use the Order Guide to create special inventory lists for seasonal menus, such as summer or holiday.
- Maintain different Shopping Lists or Order Guides for different menu specials or meals.
36. How Much Is Jetro Membership?
Any company, organization or individual basically located in Japan may register for JETRO Membership, for an annual fee of 75,600 yen. Members can enjoy free subscriptions to JETRO Business News (an e-mail newspaper), area reports (online reports) and the annual JETRO Global Trade and Investment Report.
37. Who Is The Biggest Food Distributor?
Sysco, an acronym for Systems and Services Company, is the world’s largest broad line food distributor; it has more than 600,000 clients in a wide array of fields.
38. Do You Need A Resale License For Alcoholic Beverages?
Since the sale of alcohol is tightly regulated in all states, most manufacturers of premixed drinks need to acquire a liquor wholesaler license before they can sell their drinks to a bar.
39. Why Does The Item Image I See Online Not Match The Item In The Store?
Restaurant Depot strives to add images to items in the Online Catalogue to make it quicker and easier for you to find the items you want to purchase in the store. However, these images may not always match the item exactly. Fresh items, such as meat and produce, always look different. And with packaged items, packaging may change.
40. I Lost My Membership Card, How Can I Get A New One?
Visit your local Restaurant Depot and speak to a receptionist at the welcome desk. Restaurant Depot will supply you with a new card.
41. Why Do You See A Different Price In The Online Catalogue Than In The Store?
Restaurant Depot strives to keep the prices in sync between their Online Catalogue and the stores. However, computers tend to have glitches. If that happens, the Online Catalogue can fall behind the store. If you’re shopping in the store, the price in the store is always the price you’ll pay.
The price you see in the Online Catalogue should be the same, and Restaurant Depot always apologizes if it isn’t. If you use the Click & Collect or Delivery service, the prices are higher than the in-store prices, to reflect the additional service provided.
Restaurant Depot is a wholesale cash and carry foodservice supplier where you will find quality products at low prices. They sell a broad selection of products for independent restaurants, caterers and non-profits. To qualify for a free membership account, you need to show a valid reseller’s permit (business license) or tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization) and proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization.
- What are the Best Taglines for Dance Studio? - September 1, 2021
- What are the Best Ways to Clean Dance Studio Mirror? - September 1, 2021
- What are the Best Types of Simple Powered Mixer for Dance Studio? - September 1, 2021