What are the duties and job description of a group home house manager? Here is what you must know to become a group home house manager. There are different roles in a group home and of course there is a role for a Group Home House Manager. These people are responsible for all aspects of operation at the group home.
In general, a group home is a private residence for the elderly, children or young people who cannot live with their families due to chronic disabilities. They may be adults or seniors and can’t take proper care of themselves if left to live alone. The term group home refers to homes from 8 to 16 individuals, which is a state-mandated size during deinstitutionalization.
A Group Home Manager directs operation in care facilities for the elderly or the disabled. Common tasks listed on a Group Home Manager resume include overseeing daily operations, developing budgets, hiring and training staff, scheduling employees, and implementing programs for residents.
In order to qualify as a group home house manager, you should have a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Management, Healthcare Administration or related field and an advanced degree (ex. MBA, MPH, PMP, Six Sigma Black Belt).
You should also be experienced in clinical service delivery, operations and/or project management experience (required), experience working in a large, national clinical practice (preferred) and experience supporting telemedicine and/or at-home visits clinical practices (preferred).
Plus, you should possess strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and assistance as required and to work as a leader and team member. Having said that, here are the Top 35 Duties and Responsibilities of a Group Home House Manager:
What is the Job Description of a Group Home House Manager in 2021?
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Delegates and assign duties to HOD’s and observers performance to ensure adherence to group home’s policies and established operating procedures.
- Responsible for conducting in – house training to employees and HOD’s in the group home on a regular basis.
- Acts as the group home public relations director and promotes the property within the assisted living facility industry, local community and trade associations.
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Receives and resolved or assists the management in resolving residence complaints and service recovery process.
- Responsible for selecting or assisting in the selection of group home staff and in charge of processing all new hire paper works.
- Responsible for reviewing employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest floor limit, AR Ageing reports, Direct billing etc.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for enforcing full compliance to group home operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ensures the objectives and goals of the group and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
- Take responsibility and build owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Work with and assist the Management / Owner in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Work with and assist General Manager or Owner in wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary guidelines.
- Responsible for performing daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with Group Home staff, HOD’s and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Cover shifts is all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Responsible for Monitoring maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required Group Home supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Responsible for Providing effective leadership to Group Home team members.
- Ensure Group Home staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to Group Home policies and procedures.
- Work and Assist the GM in in all aspects of business planning.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- Responsible for Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Show capacity to perform other duties as assigned by the management.
- Part of the disciplinary committee that sits on any case that involves employees under his / her supervision.
- Play a part as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with appropriate skills.
- Identifies the developmental needs of group home staff and provide coaching, mentoring to improve their knowledge or skills as required.
- A Guide to Great Business ideas for the Future 2025 – 2030 - September 3, 2021
- How Long Do Cordless Drill Batteries Last in 2021? - August 2, 2021
- How Does the Use of Cargo Containers Benefit the Economy? - August 2, 2021