Do you want to know what is required to become a hotel assistant general manager? If YES, here is a detailed job description of a hotel assistant general manager. A Hotel Assistant General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operation at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager who they report to directly.
Basically, a hotel assistant general manager supervises and coordinates hotel activities under the guidance of the general manager with the aim of obtaining optimum efficiency and economy of operations. In order to qualify as a hotel assistant general manager; you should have a 2 or 3 year degree from an accredited university or diploma in hotel management or a related field with experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel.
Experience in financial accounting, personnel supervision and problem resolution is an added advantage. You are also expected to have a minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience. And at least 3 to 4 years of experience as a Head of the development or Asst. General Manager or Executive assistant manager.
Plus, you should possess strong management skills, ability to delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. You must also be available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights. Having said that, here are the Top 35 Duties and Responsibilities of a Hotel Assistant General Manager :
What is the Job Description of a Hotel Assistant General Manager?
- Work closely with and assist the General Manager in his day to day operations.
- Delegates and assign duties to HOD’s and observers performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Responsible for conducting in – house training to employees and HOD’s in the hotel or a regular basis.
- Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
- Responsible for monitoring the Guest feedback on Trip advisor, OTA’s etc. and hotels GSTS and RSTS surveys.
- Receives and resolved or assists the General manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Responsible for selecting or assisting in the selection of hotel staff and in charge of processing all new hire paper works.
- Responsible for reviewing employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest floor limit, AR Ageing reports, Direct billing etc.
- Work with and assist the General Manager during Morning meetings or conducts the morning HOD meetings in the absence of General Manager.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for enforcing full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ensures the objectives and goals of the hotel and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
- Take responsibility and build owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Work with and assist the GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Work with and assist General Manager in wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary guidelines.
- Responsible for performing daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD’s and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Cover shifts is all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Responsible for Monitoring maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Responsible for Providing effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Work and Assist the GM in in all aspects of business planning.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- Responsible for Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Show capacity to perform other duties as assigned by the management.
- Part of the disciplinary committee that sits on any case that involves employees under his / her supervision.
- Play a part as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with appropriate skills.
- Identifies the developmental needs of hotel staff and provide coaching, mentoring to improve their knowledge or skills as required.
- How to Build a Repo Wheel Lift (Equipment & Tools Included) - October 25, 2020
- Is There a Penalty for Not Renewing your Business License? - October 24, 2020
- Is an LLC Operating Agreement an Executory Contract Or Legal Binding Contract? - October 24, 2020