Do you want the best mat tables that will be great for physical therapy? If YES, here are the best mat tables you can buy for physical therapy. Basically made of hard wood or steel, a mat treatment table is covered on the top with a thick foam layering, mostly 2 inches in thickness. It is lower in height when compared to regular tables and specially crafted to support weights up to 600 lbs.
Manual techniques such as deep tissue massage, myofascial release, joint manipulation, and stretching exercises can easily be carried out on this physical therapy table. Mat tables, also known as mat platform tables, have become priceless equipment in physical therapy, chiropractic, and sports medicine practices.
They have also become very popular for home use. Mat tables have evolved to include a variety of options to suit the various needs of clients and practitioners. They can also range in cost from a few hundred dollars for a basic model, to several thousand dollars for a feature rich electric hi-lo model.
Before mat tables were invented, practitioners worked with clients on the floor because it offered the space to manipulate a client’s body and roll the client over. However, working with clients on the floor tends to have quite a few risks. For many clients and therapists, moving a client to the floor can be a very daunting effort that may risk injury.
For many types of body manipulation treatments, the therapist is more or less in an uncomfortable position, often bending over and prone to injury as well. The mat table was designed to see to these issues by offering easy client access and enough space to perform body work techniques such as stretching, body manipulation, range-of-motion exercises, rehabilitation exercises, and massage, often with the therapist on the table with the client.
The 2 most significant characteristics of a mat table are its height and top size. Typically, a mat table is 18” to 20” high which allows a client to be easily transferred from a wheel chair. This accessibility reduces stress for both the client and practitioner. The height is also a common sitting height, so clients can engage in a variety of exercises while sitting at the edge of the mat table.
Also, note that the top dimensions of mat tables tend to be larger than a typical treatment table. They are made to provide enough space for a client to be rolled over and allow the therapist to manipulate the client’s body. Mat tables are also large enough for the therapist to be on the table with the client to apply pressure and leverage if needed.
Mat tables are mainly used in hospital physical therapy departments and freestanding clinics, physical rehab centers, and residential and day schools for special needs children. They may also be suitable for athletic training centers.
What are the Best Mat Tables for Physical Therapy in 2022?
Table of Content
- Metron Value Space Saver Mat Platform
- Armedica Adjustable Hi-Lo Steel Mat Table
- Athletic Edge 6-Leg Mat Platform Table
- Armedica AM-670 Wall Mounted Mat Treatment Table
- Baileys Standard Wall-Mounted Mat Table
- Hausmann Upholstered Mat Platform
- Armedica Fixed Height Maple Hardwood Mat Table
- Bailey Upholstered Stationary Mat Table
- Armedica AM-643 Hi-Lo Steel Mat Table with Adjustable Backrest
- Bailey Classroom H-Brace Treatment Table with Removable Mat
Metron Value Space Saver Mat Platform
This is a wall mounted mat table that saves space by folding up against the wall, with a projection of only eight inches. This mat table is constructed from plywood with three solid hardwood legs for sturdy support when folded down. The mat features two inches of firm padding with durably vinyl upholstery. The Metron Value Space Saver Mat Platform has a capacity of 500 lb. and is available in a variety of colors.
Armedica Adjustable Hi-Lo Steel Mat Table
Made with durable and strong construction, it comes with a stylish design and adjustable height. Armedica Adjustable Mat Table is designed to offer a dependable solution to users. It can be manually adjusted with a fold away handle. Sustaining about 900 lbs., the height can be adjusted to a height of about 20” to 30”. Other features include;
- Handle can be safely folded away when not in use
- Tubular steel frames and legs; properly welded and burnished joints
- Mat has bacterial protection and helps maintain sanitary requirements
- Can be cleaned easily and helps eliminate cross contamination
- Dense foam top provides adequate support and testifies to the durability
- Seamless corners on upholstered components provide safety and reduce wear and tear
Athletic Edge 6-Leg Mat Platform Table
This is a sturdy, stable mat table with plenty of space for a patient and therapist. Three sizes are available, in three different wood finishes and a variety of upholstery colors. The 6-Leg Mat Platform Table makes a great addition to a busy practice or multiple patients at a time because of the large size and 700 lb weight capacity. A 1.5” foam padded top helps to makes patients more comfortable while positioning.
Armedica AM-670 Wall Mounted Mat Treatment Table
This table provides elegance in practical designs and a natural wood finish that adds to its attractiveness. Armedica AM-670 is a full size treatment table with a fixed height of 18” that accommodates patients of different age groups. This physical therapy mat table can be folded and attached to the wall when not in use. Other features and benefits include;
- Anti-bacterial foam provides comfort
- 3” legs made of maple hardwood make it stable and strong
- Rounded corners of the upholstery reduce wear and tear
- Standard height for all kinds of people
- Super strong construction with a 400 lbs weight capacity
Baileys Standard Wall-Mounted Mat Table
This is a simple, no-nonsense solution for therapy clinics that require a basic table that fits in a small space. Sturdy and comfortable, this fold-up mat table is an excellent choice for lower body exercise therapy, relaxation body work, or general patient examinations. With a 500-pound weight capacity and a 4 x 7 surface, note that this mat table can be used with some bariatric patients as well as with patients from children to adult.
Table surface offers plenty of space for the patient to stretch out, and 2 inch foam padding top gives patients an extra degree of comfort during exercise and treatment. The sleek, minimalist design blends well in most spaces and doesn’t occupy valuable floor area; when not in use, simply fold the table up and out of the way!
Hausmann Upholstered Mat Platform
This table comes with six legs to increase durability and stability. (Model 1412-46 has four legs) The mat is constructed from 2 inches of high density urethane foam, and then given a seamless upholstered finish in heavy duty, tear resistant nylon reinforced vinyl. The high pressure laminate finish on all exterior surfaces is 18 inches. 1000 pounds capacity!
Armedica Fixed Height Maple Hardwood Mat Table
Armedica Fixed Height Table is a full size treatment table that comes with elegance in practical designs. Also, note that this mat platform table has a fixed height of 18” and a weight capacity of 500 lbs. The natural wood finish adds to its attractiveness and 34oz heavy-duty vinyl provides bacterial protection.
- Has a firm and dense foam top
- Made from natural maple wood
- Legs made of hardwood provide stability and strength
- One can get on and off the table easily
- Anti-bacterial vinyl
- Radiused and seamless corners reduce wear and tear
Bailey Upholstered Stationary Mat Table
The Upholstered Stationary Mat Table has been designed to offer an ample exercise area at a height that is convenient to both ambulatory and wheelchair patients. For patient comfort, the mat top is made from 2-inch foam and upholstered in soft vinyl. A large variety of colors are available, and the wood finish can be chosen in Natural or Walnut.
- Holds up to 500 lbs.
- Made with 2-inch foam upholstered in soft vinyl
- Convenient to both ambulatory and wheelchair patients
- Offers an ample exercise area for patients and therapists
- Choose from a wide variety of upholstery colors and two different wood finishes
Armedica AM-643 Hi-Lo Steel Mat Table with Adjustable Backrest
With strong construction and adjustable height, this platform treatment table provides a reliable solution to users. Armedica AM-643 features two piece top with an adjustable backrest and features a manual Hi-Lo function. The adjustable backrest is 29” in length and easily rises up to 80 degrees with the help of a gas spring assist. The backrest locks in any position you deem fit.
- Anti-bacterial vinyl
- Upholstery can be cleaned easily
- Tubular frames and legs with burnished welds provide stability
- Legs feature a non-skid ability to maintain balance
- Foam top is firm and dense
Bailey Classroom H-Brace Treatment Table with Removable Mat
Made and tested therapeutically to offer work surfaces that are rigid, durable, and comfortable, Bailey H-Brace is also made of strong hardwood and birch plywood, accompanied with an excellent natural finish. The English Oak laminated top features radius corners for safety and comfort. Included removable mat attaches by hook and loop.
- Thick and firm vinyl foam top
- Standard clearance of the table is 22 inches
- Must be assembled at the place of use
- Imperial blue durable mat
- Can sustain up to 300 lbs.
Mat tables benefit the physical therapy staff as well as the patients. The table’s height lets them work on the patient at a level that supports proper body mechanics and prevents injury.