Are you about starting a mobile phone assembling business? If YES, here is a complete sample mobile phone assembling business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a mobile phone assembling business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample mobile phone assembling marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for mobile phone assembling companies. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Table of Content
- 1 Why Start a Mobile Phone Assembling Business?
- 2 Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – Executive Summary
- 3 Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
- 4 Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- 5 Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- 6 Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
- 7 Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Why Start a Mobile Phone Assembling Business?
In the United States of America, you can be certain that when you come across 10 adults, you are likely going to find one or more mobile phones with them. This goes to show that there is a huge market for mobile phones hence those that are involved in any mobile phone related business will always smile to the bank.
If you are looking towards leveraging on this trend to make money, then you might want to start your own mobile phone assembling plant. You don’t necessarily need to own your own mobile phone brand before venturing into this type of business as you can partner with a mobile phone giant to start assembling their mobile phones.
This is why you can find Nokia being assembled in Finland, Thailand, China and other countries. It is important to state that starting a mobile phone assembling plant business needs significant investment capital, solid planning, and concentration to detail in order to keep your business profitable.
If you have decided to start a mobile phone assembling plant business, then you should ensure that you carry out thorough feasibility studies and also market survey. Business plan is yet another very important business document that you should not take for granted when launching your own mobile phone assembling plant business.
Below is a sample mobile phone assembling plant business plan template that can help you to successfully write your own with little or no difficulty.
A Sample Mobile Phone Assembling Plant Business Plan Template
- Industry Overview
Companies in the Mobile Phone Manufacturing industry manufacture and assemble mobile phones with advanced PC-like capabilities. Smart phones have independent operating systems and allow for the installation of software applications developed by third parties. They also connect to wireless internet networks, usually via mobile communication networks. Operating systems for smart phones include Symbian, Meego, Android, Windows Phone and iOS.
The Mobile Phone Manufacturing industry has experienced strong growth in the past five years as mobile phone and tablet usage has increased. The rising popularity of expensive but fragile mobile phones has given the industry a significant boost.
Internet-enabled mobile phones are more expensive than basic-feature phones and more likely to be repaired. The rapid market acceptance of mobile phones has created a need for more repair shops and the number of mobile internet connections will continue to strongly grow.
Over the five years to 2017, the revenue for the Mobile Phone Manufacturing industry is anticipated to experience volatility, which will ultimately contribute to an overall revenue decline.
The Mobile Phone Manufacturing Industry is indeed a major sector of the economy of some countries in the world (United States of America, United Kingdom, Finland, China and India et al). Apple Inc., Beijing Xiaomi Science & Technology, Huawei Technologies Ltd., Lenovo China and Samsung Electronics are the leaders in the mobile phone manufacturing industry.
Mobile phone assembling plant is not a green business and despite the fact that the industry seems saturated, there is still room to accommodate new investors who are ready to come up with innovative ideas as it relates to assembling different brands of mobile phones.
Some of the factors that encourage entrepreneurs to start their own mobile phone assembling plant could be that mobile phones can be sold not just in your country but all across the globe.
Lastly, the mobile phone manufacturing industry cum mobile phone assembling plant, is a profitable industry and it is open for accredited investors to come in and establish their plant and be ready to work for smartphone giants from any part of the world.
Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – Executive Summary
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is a registered mobile phone assembling plant company that will be located in will in Denver, Colorado – United States of America. We have been able to secure all the license and permits required and also a world class facility in a good location in Fort Denver.
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is located in a full-service automated mobile phone assembling plant. We will be involved in the assembling of mobile phones (Android smart phones, iOS smart phones, Windows Phone smart phones and other products) et al for smartphone manufacturing companies who are looking for partners in the United States of America. We want to assemble phones that will be used not only in the United States of America but all across the globe.
We are quite optimistic that our values and quality of products will help us drive our mobile phone assembling plant business to enviable heights and also help us attract the number of clients that will make the business profitable.
We are quite aware that in order to get people and organizations to purchase and make use of the mobile phone brands that we assembled in our plant, we must continue to assemble quality mobile phones. We are open to the use of latest technology in our mobile phone assembling plant. Our excellent customer service and the quality of the mobile phones we assemble will position us to always welcome repeated customers and export our mobile phones to other countries of the world.
Our client’s best interest will always come first, and everything we do will be guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely.
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is owned and managed by Philippe Luciano and his immediate family members. He is an accredited investor and a notable figure in the technology industry. He will build the business with competent engineers and technicians from Colorado and other parts of the United States.
- Our Product Offerings
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. was established with the aim of maximizing profits in the mobile phone manufacturing industry. We want to compete favorably with leading mobile phone assembling plants in the United States which is why we have but in place a competent team of technicians that will ensure that every mobile phone we roll out from our assembly plant meets and even surpasses our customers’ expectations.
We will be involved in the assembling of;
- Android smart phones
- iOS smart phones
- Windows Phone smart phones
- Symbian phones
Our Vision Statement
We want to build a mobile phone assembling plant that will help some of the mobile phones manufacturing giants in assembling their mobile devices.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission as a mobile phone assembling plant is to develop a highly successful mobile phone assembling plant that can assemble durable and affordable mobile phones that will be retailed both in the United States of America and other countries of the world; we want to be listed amongst the top 20 mobile phone assembling plants in the world.
- Our Business Structure
We aware that the success of any business lies in the foundation on which the business is built on, which is why we have decided to build our mobile phone assembling plant company on the right business foundation.
As a matter of fact, we are set out to build a mobile phone assembling plant business whose mobile brand will be well accepted in the United States of America and other countries of the world. We want to build a dedicated workforce that will ensure that our customers are satisfied when they purchase mobile phones that are assembled in our plant.
We aware that it takes a business with the right employees and structure to achieve all what we have set to achieve, which is why will be putting structures and processes in place that will help us assemble durable mobile phones and run the business on auto pilot.
With the nature of the mobile phone assembling business, we are only expected to employ adequate number of employees. Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. will employ professionals and skilled people to occupy the following position;
- Chief Executive Officer
- Plant Manager
- Human Resources and Amin Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Mobile Phone Assembling Engineers/Technicians
- Customer Services Executive/Front Desk Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Reports to the board
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversee the smooth running of the daily office activities.
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the mobile phone assembling plant
- Maps out strategy that will lead to efficiency amongst workers in the plant
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of mobile phone engineers and other plant workers
- Ensures that the steady flow of both mobile phone component parts to the plant and easy flow of finished products through wholesale distributors to the market
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Ensures that the factory meets the expected safety and health standard at all times.
- Interfaces with third – party suppliers (vendors) of raw materials
- Controls distribution and supply inventory
- Supervises the workforce in the assembling plant.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for increasing sales
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
- Responsible for assembling mobile phones (Android smart phones, iOS smart phones, Windows Phone smart phones and other products)
- Ensures that only durable mobile phones are rolled out from the assembling plant
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the plant manager or supervisor.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Client Service Executive/Front Desk Officer
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s automobile brand
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the company’s products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients
- Receives parcels/documents for the company
- Distributes mails in the organization
Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
We are building a standard mobile phone assembling plant that can compete with other leading mobile phone assembling brands, which is why we have decided to subject our business idea (company) to SWOT Analysis.
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is in business to become one of the leading mobile assembling plants in the whole of United States of America and we are fully aware that it will take the right business concept, management and organizational structure to achieve our goal.
We are quite aware that there are mobile phone assembling plants all over the United States of America and even in the same location where we intend locating ours, which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business. We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be equipped to confront our threats.
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in the telecom technology industry to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives.
Here is a preview of the result we got from the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc.;
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. can boast of establishing relationships with mobile phone manufacturing brand names, we have the ability to quickly adopt new technology and of course we have good strategy on effective product promotion. Another strength that counts for us is the power of our team. We have a team of experts in the mobile phone assembling line of business, a team of hardworking, highly creative and dedicated individuals.
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is coming into an industry that is monopolized by smartphone manufacturing giants, and as a new entrant into the industry, we may likely struggle initially to get our footings in the industry.
The fact that mobile phones are used by all and sundry gives us unlimited opportunities to retail mobile phones assembled in our plant. As a matter of fact, most mobile phones manufacturing giants are looking for partners to help them assemble their mobile phones and United States of America is one of the destinations for such companies. We are positioned to take advantage of this.
Some of the threats that are likely going to confront Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is unfavorable government policies, and downturn in the economy and of course emergence of new competitors within the same location where our mobile phone assembling plant is located.
Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
If you have ever taken your time to study mobile phones patronage and usage in the United States of America, you will have noticed that Americans, especially the middle class make use of mobile phones that are assembled in the United States of America. This goes to show that there is a thriving business for mobile phone assembling plants in the United States of America.
In recent time, it is trendier to find mobile phone manufacturing giants especially from Asia and Europe establishing their assembling plants or contracting the assembling of their mobile phones to a standard independent mobile phone assembling plant.
Another notable trend in the mobile phone manufacturing industry is in order to stay ahead of your competitors, you must continue to come up with smartphones that are sleek, durable and comes with unique features amongst others. Please note that mobile phone assembling plant business responds to increase in household spending and also increase in the earning powers of people. The trend of the market can be predicted without stress.
- Our Target Market
The target market for this line of business is in two phase; they are mobile phones manufacturing companies who want to contract the assembling of their mobile phones to a third – party company and of course those who purchase and make use of mobile phones.
Those who purchase mobile phones cut across all male and female above 18 years with the financial means hence the target market for mobile phones assembling plant business is all encompassing.
In view of that, we have positioned our mobile phone assembling plant to service the residents of the United States of America and every country where our mobile phones will be sold. We have conducted our market research and feasibility studies and we have ideas of what our target market would be expecting from us.
- Our Competitive Advantage
Mobile phone assembling plant business is a highly creative industry. We are aware of this which is why we decided to come up with a business concept that will position us to work for mobile phones manufacturing giants.
Our competitive edge is that we are standard mobile phone assembling plant that can boast of having some of the finest smartphones engineers and technicians. We will ensure that only durable and efficient mobile phones are rolled out from our assembling plant.
We can confidently say that the location of our mobile phone assembling plant will definitely count as a positive for us.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
The marketing strategy for Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is going to be driven basically by solid mobile phones, excellent customer service, honesty and efficiency. We want to drive sales via the output of our brands and via referral from our satisfied customers. We are quite aware of how satisfied customers drive business growth especially businesses like mobile phone assembling plant.
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is strategically located and we are going to maximize the opportunities that is available which is why we spent more to locate the business where it can be visible and enable us to access our target market.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be to meet their targets. Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Introduce our mobile phone assembling plant business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to mobile phone manufacturing companies and key stake holders all across the globe
- Advertise our mobile phone assembling plant company in relevant phone magazines, newspapers, TV and radio stations.
- Attend relevant expos, seminars, and mobile phone technology business fairs et al to market our mobile phone brands
- Engage in direct marketing approach
Sources of Income
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the mobile phone assembling business and we are going to ensure that we do all it takes to attract and retain all our clients. Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. will generate income by assembling mobile phones that will be used by a wide range of clientele in the United States of America and other countries of the world.
- Sales Forecast
We have been able to examine the mobile phone assembling plant market, we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast.
Below are the sales projection for Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc., it is based on the location of our business and of course the wide range of mobile phones that we will be rolling out from our mobile phone assembling plant;
- First Year: $1 Million
- Second Year: $2.3 Million
- Third Year: $4.8 Million
N.B: This projection was done based on what is obtainable in the mobile phone assembling plant line of business and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Our Pricing Strategy
Our pricing system is going to be based on what is obtainable in the mobile phone assembling plant line of business, we don’t intend to sell our mobile phones or charge our clients more and we don’t intend to sell less than our competitors are selling. The prices of our mobile phones will be same as what is obtainable in the open market.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our clients make payment for our mobile phones without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for mobile phones purchased.
Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is set to create a standard for mobile phone assembling business in the United States which is why we will adopt and apply best practices to promote our brand. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc.;
- Encourage our loyal customers to help us use Word of Mouth mode of advertisement (referrals)
- Advertise our mobile phone assembly plant business in relevant telecoms magazines, local newspaper, local TV and radio station
- Promote our business online via our official website
- List our business on local directories (yellow pages)
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, twitter, et al to promote our mobile phone brand
- Install our billboards in strategic locations in and around Denver – Colorado
- Direct coupon mailing approach
- Engage in roadshows from time to time in target communities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
Startup Expenditure (Budget)
We have been able to pull cash that will be enough for us to successfully launch a standard mobile phone assembling plant company in Denver – Colorado, US. These are the key areas where we will spend our startup capital on;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in the United States of America- $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $3,500.
- Marketing promotion expenses (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $13,580.
- The cost for hiring Business Consultant – $5,000.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $30,800.
- The cost of accounting software, CRM software and Payroll Software – $10,000
- The total cost for leasing standard plant facility- $300,000.
- The total cost for facility remodeling – $200,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $1000
- The amount needed for phone and utility deposits – $3,500
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $400,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory – $150,000
- The cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Credit card machine, POS, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website – $600
- Miscellaneous: $100,000
We would need an estimate of one million five hundred thousand US dollars ($1.5 million) to successfully launch our mobile phone assembling plant in Denver – Colorado, US.
Generating Startup Capital for Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc.
Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is be owned and managed by Philippe Luciano and his immediate family members. They are the sole financiers of the business which is why they decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital for the business to just three major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our startup capital;
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the startup capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank (loan facility).
N.B: We have been able to generate about $500,000 (Personal savings $400,000 and soft loan from family members $100,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $1 million from our bank. All the papers and documents have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
Mobile Phone Assembling Business Plan – Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the number of loyal customers that they have, the capacity and competence of their employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business, then it won’t be too long before the business closes shop.
One of our major goals of starting Philippe® Mobile Phone Assembling Plant, Inc. is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running. We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to ensure that we roll out highly competitive mobile phones from our mobile phone assembling plants.
We will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and retraining of our workforce is at the top burner.
We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Acquiring assembling plant facility and remodeling the facility: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Printing of Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: Completed
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and in the neighborhood: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
Latest posts by Joy Nwokoro (see all)
- A Sample Shared Office Space Business Plan Template - January 22, 2020
- Writing a Plastic Surgery Business Plan [Sample Template] - January 20, 2020
- How Much Money Do RV Parks Make Monthly - January 17, 2020