Do you live in Nevada and you are interested in owning your own business? Are you worried about making mistakes and investing in the wrong kind of business and then losing your hard earned money? If YES, then this article is for you. Here, we would discuss ten of the safest and profitable business ideas that could be explored in Nevada.
But before we move along, I would like us to address an important issue: How to quit your job to become your own boss. I realized that a lot of people are scared of starting their own businesses; they are too scared to hand in their resignation even when they know that the job they are doing is a crappy and would get them nowhere.
You know what is worse than quitting a bad job? Staying there! What’s the point in holding on to a job that would never get you anywhere? I understand that a lot of people are just scared about taking that huge step and if you fall under this category, here is how to overcome your fear-:
Starting a Business in Nevada: How to Overcome your Fears
- Figure out a business you want to do, research the business properly and then have a written business plan. This would help to boost your confidence because you would have identified the possible challenges you may face and how you would overcome them.
- Look for capital. With your business plan in place, you would already know just how much it would cost you to start your business. Start saving for it till you have a significant amount or until you have found a guaranteed partner or financier. Never quit your job until you have access to at least 70 percent of the capital needed to start your business.
- Pay off your debts. I can’t stress this enough. Before you quit your job, pay off a significant part of your debt so that you can concentrate on running a successful business.
With all of this in place, there’s no justifiable reason to keep being scared of quitting a bad job for your own business. Now, onto the top 10 kick-ass business ideas for residents of Nevada; you could consider any of the following. These businesses are easy to start and require little or no capita. They include-:
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Nevada, USA
1. Baby Sitting-: Babysitting is a service based business which requires no capital whatsoever. It involves getting paid for helping parents to look after their children when they are at work or away for one reason or the other. This kind of business can be managed as a part-time or full time business. You can run it as a one-man business or you can own a babysitting service with several baby-sitters working for you.
2. Bed and Breakfast-: Another good business idea is to start a bed and breakfast business. This involves providing accommodation for visitors for short-time stay. You don’t need to have $10,000 to start a bed and breakfast business. In fact, you could even start it using a small part of your home and then you can gradually grow your business and buy a building of your own.
3. Dinner Preparer-: Another good business idea you could explore is to become a dinner preparer. What dinner preparers do is to cook tasty, homemade meals for sale. It could be in form of a subscription service where people would subscribe for your services and you would deliver scheduled meals to their homes or you could opt for a model whereby you would make pre-packaged meals and supply to supermarkets and grocery stores.
4. Personal Fitness Trainer-: You can also become a personal fitness trainer. Not everyone likes to visit the gymnasium; some people would rather have a personal fitness trainer who would work specifically with them to achieve their fitness goals.
5. Furniture making-: Furniture making is also a very good business idea. You can go into making furniture for supply to schools, corporate establishments and private individuals. You can also consider becoming a government contractor and supplying furniture to government establishments.
6. Jewelry making-: Another good business idea to consider is jewelry making. Almost every lady I know uses jewelries. Apart from making and selling jewelries in Nevada, you could sell your jewelries on E-bay, Amazon and other E-commerce platforms. There are different niches in Jewelry making that could be explored like bridal jewelry making, bead making, children jewelries and a lot more.
7. Social Media Consultant-: Social media consultancy services are usually needed by corporate companies or companies who need people to manage their social media accounts and use it to drive traffic and eventually generate more revenue for their businesses.
8. Pet Walking-: Among the list of easy, safe and good business opportunities to explore in Nevada is pet walking. Instead of leaving their pets home all day, pet owners understand that it is better and safer to allow their pets get some physical exercise and so they look for pet walkers to help them with this and pay for the services rendered.
9. Dress Making-: You could also consider going into dress making. Starting a clothing line is easy these days and you could consider that. But if you do not have enough capital to spare, you can think of smaller businesses in the dress making niche like cloth mending services, uniform production or even sales of fabric and sewing materials.
10. Toy Making-: Lastly, you can consider a business which involves manufacturing of toys for children. Children love toys a lot and toys also serve as very good gift items for children during festive periods and other celebrations. It is not unusual to notice crowds gathered around a toy store during festive periods and that is just to show you how hot of a sales item toys are.
Toys are really easy to make; you can make them with a wide range of materials like woods, plastic and even cloth materials. The market for toys is widespread too; you can sell them in Nevada or export to other states and countries for sale.