Are you about starting a timber harvesting business? If YES, here is a complete sample timber harvesting business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a timber harvesting business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample timber harvesting marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for timber harvesting companies. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Table of Content
- Why Start a Timber Harvesting Business?
- Timber Harvesting Business Plan – Executive Summary
- Timber Harvesting Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
- Timber Harvesting Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Timber Harvesting Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Timber Harvesting Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
- Timber Harvesting Business Plan – Financial Projections and Costing
- TIMBER HARVESTING BUSINESS GROWTH: Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Why Start a Timber Harvesting Business?
If you are thinking of starting a business with good returns on investment, then one of your best bet is to venture into the logging industry and you just want to concentrate on timber harvesting and supply.
Just like all other investment vehicles, there are potential down sides that you need to look out for if you want to start a timber harvesting and supply business. One of the major risks in the timber harvesting and supply business is deforestation which may attract unfavorable government legislation.
Part of what you need to do to make headway in this line of business is to ensure that you have the required license and permits and you have good business relationship with construction contractors, constructions companies, furniture manufacturers, paper manufacturers and key players in relevant industries.
If you are truly convinced that starting a timber harvesting and supply business is the right business for you to do, then you need to write your own business plan. Below is a sample timber harvesting and supply business plan template that will help you successfully write yours with little or no stress.
A Sample Timber Harvesting Business Plan Template
- The Logging Industry Overview
Timber harvesting companies are involved in cutting, skidding, on-site processing, and loading of trees or logs onto trucks or skeleton cars. The trees are then transported as saw logs to cottage companies such as sawmills and pulp mills et al.
It is important to state that the logging industry that timber harvesting business is a part of does not include businesses that are involved in breeding, planting or growing trees. Companies that provide these services are classified under the Timber Services industry.
Timber harvesting is indeed a big business and should not be handled with levity; little wonder there is a university degree dedicated to forestry. So, it is important that you acquire relevant training and education before launching your own timber harvesting company.
Part of what you need to do is to enroll for a degree or diploma in forestry and upon graduation; you can apply and work with a logging company or the forestry ministry in your country. The truth is that when you are properly educated, it makes it easier for you to follow best practices in conducting your business. As a matter of fact, there are laws regulating the logging industry and it is your responsibility to ensure that you abide by them.
If you are a close watcher of the logging industry, you will agree that over the past five years, the industry has been in recovery mode since construction activities have been climbing upward from recessionary low point, driving industry revenue.
The demand conditions for the industry are expected to continue improving going forward, as recovery in the residential construction market is forecast to strengthen as home improvement spending rises. On the other hand, paper manufacturing is forecast to slow due to the trend toward electronic communication, and of course reducing demand from key industrial players.
The logging industry that timber harvesting business is a subset of is indeed a large industry and pretty much active in a lot of countries. Statistics has it that in the united states of America alone, there are about 49,828 registered and licensed logging companies scattered all across the United States responsible for employing about 93,353 and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $16 billion annually.
The industry is projected to grow at 2.3 percent annual growth within 2011 and 2016. It is important to state that Weyerhaeuser has the lion market share of the available market in the industry.
A recent report published by IBISWORLD shows that the logging industry has medium barriers to entry, and this is due to the various regulations and policies that logging companies must comply with as well as the high level of competition within the industry.
The report further stated that industry regulations primarily focus on environmental factors that include: The Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the Endangered Species Act and the Toxic Substances Control Act, which regulate the use of fire, chemicals and timber extraction in timber tracts.
The report also stated that despite the fact that there is a high level of regulation, the industry also benefits from government assistance provided by the US Forest Service, the Sustainable Forestry Implementation Committee and the National Resources Conservation Service, as well as some protectionist trade policies.
Some of the factors that encourage entrepreneurs to start their own timber harvesting company could be that the business is a profitable business. Even though the business is not a Green business, the truth is that the business will continue to remain relevant as long as logs and other products manufactured by loggers are still in use in our world.
It is important to state that the logging industry is highly regulated in the United States of America and anyone who aspires to start a timber harvesting company must apply and obtain a license before they can legally operate in the industry.
Timber Harvesting Business Plan – Executive Summary
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. is a registered timber harvesting and processing business that will be located in Des Moines – Iowa. We have been able to secure all the needed state and federal licenses and permits that will enable us operate the business in Des Moines – Iowa.
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. will be involved in cutting, skidding, on-site processing, and loading of trees or logs onto trucks or skeleton cars. We are set to service a wide range of clientele in and around Des Moines – Iowa.
We are aware that there are several timber harvesting companies all around Des Moines – Iowa, which is why we spent time and resources to conduct a thorough feasibility studies and market survey so as to be well positioned to favorably compete with all our competitors.
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. will ensure that all our customers are given first class treatment whenever they contact us or patronize our services. We have a CRM software that will enable us manage a one on one relationship with our customers no matter how large they may grow to. We will ensure that we get our customers involved in the selection of brands that will be on our store and also when making some business decisions.
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our customers’ needs precisely and completely whenever they patronize our products.
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. is a family business that is owned by Bradford Lugard and his immediate family members. Bradford Lugard has a B.Sc. in Forestry, with over 5 years’ experience in the logging industry, working for some of the leading brands in the United States.
- Our Product Offering
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. is in the logging industry to service a wide range of clients and of course to make profits, which is why we will ensure that we go all the way to service a wide range of clients in the United States.
We will do all that is permitted by the law of the United States to achieve our aim and ambition of starting the business. Our product offerings are listed below;
- Cutting, skidding, on-site processing, and selling/supply of logs
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to become the leading brand in the timber harvesting industry in Des Moines – Iowa and with license to operate all across the United States of America.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to establish a world – class timber harvesting and processing business that will work with clients all across the United States of America via supply of processed timber.
- Our Business Structure
At Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc., our business structure will be designed in such a way that it can accommodate both full-time and part-time staff.
We intend starting our timber harvesting and processing company with a handful of full time employees (professional loggers and truck drivers); and some of the available timber cutting and processing machine operators and truck driving roles fill be handled by qualified contract operators. Adequate packages have been prepared for all our full-time employees.
As a means of maximizing operational cost, we will contract the maintenance of all our timber cutting and processing machines and trucks to a service provider, we don’t intend to maintain a very large overhead from the onset. But as soon as the business grows and stabilizes, we will assemble our own professional in-house maintenance team.
Below is the business structure and the roles that will be available at Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc.;
- Chief Operating Officer (Owner)
- Admin and HR Manager
- Transport and Logistics Manager
- Business Developer
- Timber Harvesting and Processing Machine Operators
- Professional Truck Drivers
- Client Service Executive/Front Desk Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Accountable for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversee the smooth running of the daily office activities.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
Transport and Logistics Manager
- Accountable for coordinating truck drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys
- In control of operating IT systems for the organization
- In charge of negotiating contracts for the organization
- Responsible for developing and confirming schedules
- Responsible for planning for and negotiating technical difficulties
- Responsible for implementing environmental and safety standards
- Handles the planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Handles booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- In charge of allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Responsible for ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- In charge of directing all transportation activities.
- Responsible for developing transportation relationships.
- Responsible for monitoring transport costs.
- In charge of negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Responsible for dealing with the effects of congestion.
- Responsible for confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organization’s carbon footprint.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managers with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- Serves as internal auditor for the company
Timber Harvesting and Processing Machine Operators
- Responsible for cutting, skidding and on-site processing of logs
- Assist in loading and unloading timbers
- Responsible for transporting timbers
- Assists in loading and unloading timbers
- Maintains a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators.
- Keeps a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment, such as hazardous material placards.
- Inspects vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Complies with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures
Client Service Executive
- Welcomes/receive clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with parents and students on the phone, uses every opportunity to build clients’ interest in the organizations’ products and services
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
- Receives parcels/documents for Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. and distribute mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned by HR and Admin Manager or Transport & Logistic Manager.
Timber Harvesting Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
Our intention of starting Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. in Des Moines – Iowa is to test run the business for a period of 2 to 4 years to know if we will invest more money and expand the business all around in the United States of America.
We are quite aware that there are several timber harvesting and processing companies scattered all over the United States of America and even in the same location where we intend starting ours, which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business.
We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be equipped to confront our threats.
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in startups to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a Business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives.
This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc.;
Our core strength lies in the power of our team; our workforce. We have a team that can go all the way to give our clients value for their money; a team that are trained and equipped to pay attention to details and to deliver excellent jobs. We are well positioned and we have standard and reliable timber harvesting and processing machines and trucks. We know we will attract loads of clients from the first day we open our doors for business.
Our weakness could be lack of finance, high debt burden, cost structure, lack of scale compared to our peers who have already gained ground in the timber harvesting cum logging industry.
The opportunities that are available to us as a timber harvesting company operating in the United States of America are online market, new services, new technology, and of course the opening of new markets within our target locations.
Some of the threats that we are likely going to face are mature markets, bad economy (economy downturn), stiff competition, volatile costs, and rising fuel prices. Basically, just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face is economic downturn.
It is a fact that economic downturn affects purchasing / spending power. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a timber harvesting and processing company in same location where ours is located. unfavorable government policies can also pose a major threat to businesses such as ours.
Timber Harvesting Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The market trend as it involves the timber harvesting industry especially in the United States of America is indeed dynamic and at the same time highly competitive and challenging. But one thing is certain, once a timber harvesting and processing company can gain credibility, it will be much easier for the company to secure permanent deals / contracts with big time construction companies, furniture manufacturers and paper production companies who are always carrying out construction works on a regular basis.
If you are a close observer of the trends in the timber harvesting industry, you will notice that revenue generated by players in the industry has registered a sharp increase over the last half decade. This is supported by the increase in demand from downstream construction industries.
So also, improvement in performance from the industry matched with the rapid expansion in demand for timber in the booming housing market and nonresidential building market in the United States. Going forward, industry revenue is expected to continue growing, albeit at a slower pace.
Another common trend in this industry is that once a timber harvesting and processing company has gained credibility, it is easier for them to go for brand new trucks and timber harvesting and processing machines as against making use of second hand trucks and timber harvesting and processing machines which are usually expensive to maintain.
- Our Target Market
Our target market are basically construction companies and of course any other company that makes use of timber. We cover both short distance (inter states) and long distance (intra states). We are in business to harvest, processed and supply timbers within the United States.
In other words, our target market is the whole of the United States of America and below is a list of the people and organizations that we have plans to do business with;
- Construction companies
- Paper Pulp companies
- Furniture manufactures
- Cottage companies that make use of processed timber
We are aware of the competitive nature of the timber harvesting industry and we are ready to get into the mix and favorably compete with players in the industry. Our major competitive advantage is the vast industry experience and solid reputation of our owner, Bradford Lugard and our management team.
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. no doubt is a timber harvesting and processing company, which is why we took our time to do a thorough market research and feasibility studies before launching the business.
We were able to highlight some factors that will give us competitive advantage in the marketplace; some of the factors are trust, honesty, good network and excellent relationship management, qualified and experienced management team, robust fleet operations, direct access to forests and construction sites in the United States of America, our size and cost advantage, supply chain, customer loyalty and strong reputation amongst domestic industry players.
Another competitive advantage that we are bringing to the industry is the fact that we have designed our business in such a way that we can comfortably work with both individual clients (contractors) and big construction companies.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
Timber Harvesting Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
No doubt, networking is an effective way to begin building your client base as a business man or woman and we have plans in place to leverage on all networks. In view of that, we will look out for gatherings where we can network with captain of industries, construction contractors, paper manufacturing companies and furniture manufacturing companies et al.
As a matter of fact, our first port of call will be to connect with the nearest Chamber of Commerce; we are likely going to get our first major deal from them.
At Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. all our employees will be directly or indirectly involved in sales and marketing of our products. We will create provision for our employees to earn commission when they bring in business for the organization. We will also encourage freelancers to work with us; whenever they refer clients to us they will earn a percentage of the deal as agreed by both parties.
Lastly, we will leverage on the power of the media by advertising our services using both online and offline platforms. We will work hard to ensure that get repeated business from any business deal we execute. In summary, Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. will adopt the following sales and marketing strategies in sourcing for clients for our business;
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to corporate organizations, businesses in the construction industry, paper manufacturers, furniture manufacturers and related industries in Des Moines – Iowa and throughout the United States
- Print handbills about our timber harvesting and processing company and its locations and drop them in public facilities.
- Advertise on the internet on blogs and forums, and also on social media like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn to get our message across, so that those on the social media or those who read blogs can know where to go when they need the processed timber
- Creating a basic website for our business, so as to give our business an online presence
- Directly market our business.
- Join local timber harvesting and processing company associations and chambers of commerce for industry trends and tips
- Advertise our business in community – based newspapers, local TV and radio stations
- List our business on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing (referrals)
Sources of Income
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. will ensure that we leverage on our strength and the opportunities available to us in the U.S. to generate enough income that will help us drive the business to stability. We will go all the way to explore every available source of income in the timber harvesting industry.
Below are the sources we intend exploring to generate income for Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc.;
- Cutting, skidding, on-site processing, and supply of logs
One thing is certain; there would always be construction companies and other related businesses that would need the timbers from time to time.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in the United States of America and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough profits from our first six months of operation and grow our business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine the timber harvesting market in the United States of America, we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projections are based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to similar startups in the United States of America.
- First Fiscal Year: $350,000
- Second Fiscal Year: $750,000
- Third Fiscal Year: $1,000,000
N.B: This projection was done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and natural disasters within the period stated above. So also, there won’t be any major competitor (timber harvesting and processing company) offering same services as we do within the same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Our Pricing Strategy
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. has a lease arrangement with various companies and the company’s pricing is based on miles per thousands of tons of processed timbers purchased and transported. We have perfected our plans to charge competitive rates since we have minimal overhead compared to our competition in the industry.
We will ensure that we leverage on price to win over customers; our prices will be affordable and negotiable. The fact that our business door is open to both individuals and corporation organizations means that we will have different price range for different category of clients.
We are aware that government contracts come with a bidding template, we will ensure that we abide by such bidding templates whenever we have the opportunity to bid for government contracts. As the business grows, we will continue to review our pricing system to accommodate a wide range of clientele.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment via credit cards/Point of Sale Machines (POS Machines)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for timbers purchased without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for our processed timber.
Timber Harvesting Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. has a long – term plan of operating in various locations (major timber sites) in the United States which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted in Des Moines – Iowa before venturing out to other cities both in the United States of America.
As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for winning customers over but to effectively communicate our brand. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc.;
- Place adverts on both print (community – based newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, et al to promote our brand
- Install our billboards in strategic locations all around Des Moines – Iowa
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Position our Flexi Banners at strategic positions in the location where our photo booths are located.
- Ensure that all our workers wear our branded shirts and all our trucks are well branded with our company’s logo
Timber Harvesting Business Plan – Financial Projections and Costing
In setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting a place, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that the start-up can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business.
The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked. As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a timber harvesting and processing company; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money.
When it comes to starting a timber harvesting and processing company, the major areas that you look towards spending the bulk of your cash is in the purchase of standard timber harvesting and processing machines and trucks and of course renting or leasing a facility large enough to accommodate your trucks and processing plant. Aside from that, you are not expected to spend much except for paying of your employees, maintaining your trucks and fueling.
These are the key areas where we will spend our startup capital;
- The total fee for incorporating the Business in the United States of America – $750.
- The budget for liability insurance, permits and license – $2,500
- The amount needed to acquire a suitable office facility with enough parking space for our trucks in Des Moines – Iowa for 6 months (Re – Construction of the facility inclusive) – $40,000.
- The amount required to finance the purchase of the first set of trucks and timber harvesting and processing machines – $200,000
- The cost for equipping the office (computers, printers, fax machines, furniture, telephones, filing cabins, safety gadgets and electronics et al) – $5,000
- The cost of accounting software, CRM software and Payroll Software – $3,000
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $1000
- Phone and Utilities (gas, sewer, water and electric) deposits – ($3,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- The cost of launching our official website – $600
- The amount needed to pay staff for the first 2 months – $20,000
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al) – $2,500
Going by the report from the market research and feasibility studies conducted, we will need about three hundred and fifty thousand (350,000) U.S. dollars to successfully set up a medium scale but standard timber harvesting and processing company in the United States of America.
Generating Startup Capital for Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc.
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. is a family business that will be owned and managed by Bradford Lugard and his immediate family members. They are the sole financiers of the business which is why they decided to restrict the sourcing of startup capital to just three major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our startup capital;
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings and sale of stocks
- Generate part of the startup capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank (loan facility).
N.B: We have been able to generate about $100,000 (Personal savings $80,000 and soft loan from family members $20,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $200,000 from our bank. All the papers and documents have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
TIMBER HARVESTING BUSINESS GROWTH: Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of any business lies in the number of loyal customers that they have, the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business, then it won’t be too long before the business closes shop.
One of our major goals of starting Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running. We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to engage in affordable and efficient timber harvesting, processing and supply services at all times.
Bradford Lugard™ Timber Harvesting & Processing, Inc. will make sure that the right foundation and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and retraining of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts various banks in the United States: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Acquiring of trucks and relevant equipment: In progress
- Leasing of Office Facility in Des Moines – Iowa: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Startup Capital Generation: Completed
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Printing of Promotional Materials: Completed
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed furniture, office equipment, electronic appliances and facility facelift: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business (Business PR): In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with key players in the construction industry, furniture making industry and paper manufacturing industry: In Progress
- Leasing of the first set of timber harvesting and processing machines and trucks: In Progress