Are you about starting a waterless car wash company? If YES, here is a detailed sample waterless car wash business plan template & FREE feasibility report.
Innovation and creativity are the new normal in the business world. Entrepreneurs are looking for ways to render same services in unique ways and one of such services is a waterless car wash business. It is a business that is eco-friendly, profitable and open to interested entrepreneurs.
However, starting up a waterless car wash business needs a significant investment capital, solid planning, and concentration to details. Just like any other business, the demand for waterless car wash services usually decline during recession period due to the declining household spending on services they can do for themselves and reduced demand from business clients.
If you are interested in starting waterless car wash business, then you should be ready to conduct thorough feasibility studies and market survey before committing your money and other resources to it. Below is a sample waterless car wash business plan template that can help you successfully write your own with little or no stress.
A Sample Waterless Car Wash Business Plan Template
Table of Content
- 1. Industry Overview
- 2. Executive Summary
- 3. Our Products and Services
- 4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- 5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6. SWOT Analysis
- 7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 8. Our Target Market
- 9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- 10. Sales Forecast
- 11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
- 12. Our Pricing Strategy
- 13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
- 14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
1. Industry Overview
A waterless car wash is an eco-friendly car wash that uses little or no water. Sometimes it is also known as a spray on car wash or no water car wash. A high lubricity pre-mixed spray detailer is used to heavily saturate a panel and then you carefully wipe any dirt or road grime off to a dry shine. Please note that waterless washes are only be suitable on vehicles with light dirt accumulation. They’re a fast way to clean your vehicle between washes.
Waterless car wash business is part of the car wash and automobile detailing industry. In the united states of America the auto detailing industry is regarded as one of the industries that accommodate more unskilled workers. Some of the basic services offered by auto mobile detailing companies revolves around cleaning, washing, and waxing services for automobiles (cars, trucks, vans, and trailers et al).
Waterless car wash services involves cleaning, restoration, and finishing of an automobile, both inside and out, to produce a pristine level of detail; it involves cleaning and restoring or exceeding the original condition of the surface of the car’s finish (usually a paint with a glossy finish), chrome trim, windows, wheels, and tires, as well as other visible components on the exterior and of course interior of a vehicle.
The waterless car wash business is indeed a growing and profitable business. Statistics has it that household customers account for the largest share of car wash & detailing industry revenue at approximately 76%. Car Wash & Detailing household customers are broadly defined as consumers that have a driver’s license, own a car, and are older than 16 years of age. This demographic is further segmented by income brackets, with households in the highest division representing the greatest demand for car wash & detailing services.
Business customers contribute 22 percent of industry revenue. Revenue from this segment is largely derived from servicing delivery vans and taxi cabs. This segment includes businesses that depend on motor vehicles for the daily running of the company, as well as taxi and rental car companies, and truck businesses. Particularly independent companies that do not have the option of in-house repairs.
Slower economic activity during the recession led to fewer businesses using vehicles to conduct trade, however a resumption of economic growth since 2010 has seen this segment strengthened. Government customers comprise approximately 2 percent of the car wash & detailing industry revenue. This segment includes federal, state, and local government organizations.
There are no companies with a leading market share in the industry. Statistics has it that in the United States of America alone, there are about 61,332 licensed and registered waterless car wash services responsible for employing about 194,594 employees and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $9bn annually with an annual growth rate projected at 2.7 percent.
No doubt, waterless products are more advanced than regular soap used for a mobile car wash as they need to compensate for the lack of water. Hence, the efficiency of the waterless car wash is usually better than using water-based methods.
Plus, when doing a waterless car detailing, you only need a bucket of water to rinse your towels instead of using between 50 to 100 gallons of clean water when using a pressure washer or a hose. Waterless businesses all over the world are still enjoying good patronage particularly if they are well positioned and if they know how to reach out to their target market.
2. Executive Summary
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is a standard and registered waterless carwash services company; an eco-friendly and efficient car wash that uses little or no water. The company will be located in Sacramento, California – United States of America and we plan to also cover other cities such as Los Angeles, San Diego and San Jose et al.
We chose to operate in these cities because we know that our waterless car wash services will be in high demand due to the growing number of automobile owners in these cities.
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is located in a full-service car wash facility which has the following features: 3 high pressure wand self-service bays; and 5 vacuum stations complete with fragrance. We will offer waterless car wash services that involves thorough cleaning, restoration, and finishing of an automobile, both inside and out, to produce a pristine level of detail.
We are well trained and equipped to service the market segment that requires waterless car wash services. Although our intention of starting a Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is to offer only the above stated services, but we will not close our doors to diversification (additional services) as long as it does not affect our core services.
We will offer both in-station and out-station services. Our customers will have the options of choosing from our different packages – we have the plans to serve both individual and corporate clients (transport companies, haulage companies and the government), which is why we designed various packages.
We are quite optimistic that our values and quality of service offering will help us drive our waterless car wash business to enviable heights and also help us attract the number of clients that will make the business highly profitable. We will be dedicated to establishing good business relationship with our clients giving them value for their money and reasons for them to hire our services over and over again.
At Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc., we are fully aware of the ongoing drought in California and restrictions placed on water usage. We take pride in offering a waterless car wash as our default option. Not only is it good for the environment but it also produces the same results as a water – based wash.
We are open to the use of latest technology in the car wash and auto detailing industry. No doubt our excellent customer service and the quality of services will position us to always welcome repeated customers, and handle massive deals from both government agencies and transport and haulage giants.
Our client’s best interest will always come first, and everything we do will be guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely.
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is owned and managed by Dennis White and his immediate family members. He is a notable figure in the automobile industry in California. Aside from this new waterless car wash business, the family owns an automobile dealership business and also auto repair workshop all in Sacramento – California.
3. Our Products and Services
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is a standard waterless car wash company that offers services that revolves around the car wash and auto detailing industry. We intend giving our customers every reason to always hire our services which is why we have customized our services.
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. will offer waterless car wash services that involves thorough cleaning, restoration, and finishing of an automobile, both inside and out, to produce a pristine level of detail.
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our Vision is to become the number one waterless car wash services company in the whole of California with active presence in major cities in the United States of America and Canada.
- Our mission as a waterless car wash services company is to develop a highly successful, profitable, all round waterless car wash services business which provides quality services in our community and to become a standard for an ideal waterless car wash services business not only in the State of California but also throughout the United States of America.
Our Business Structure
We are quite aware that the success of any business lies in the foundation on which the business is built on, which is why we have decided to build our waterless car wash services company on the right business foundation.
As a matter of fact, we are set to build a waterless car wash business that will be a standard in the United States of America. We want to build a business of dedicated workforce who will ensure that our customers are satisfied and they get value for their money.
We aware that it takes a business with the right employees and structure to achieve all what we have set to achieve, which is why will be putting structures and processes in place that will help us deliver excellent services. Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. Company will employ professionals and skilled people to occupy the following positions;
- Manager (Owner)
- Marketing and Sales Executive
- Client Service Executive
- Waterless Car Washer and Auto Detailers (6)
- Truck/Van Driver
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals and payment of salaries
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the organization
- Ensure that the facility is in tip top shape and conducive enough to welcome customers
- Defining job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carrying out induction for new team members
- Regularly hold meetings with key stakeholders (clients and member of the board) to review the effectiveness of the business Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversee the smooth running of the daily activities of organization.
Marketing and Sales Executive
- Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new clients, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts
- Writing winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with organizations’ policy
- Responsible for handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Document all customer contact and information
- Represent Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. in strategic meetings
- Help increase sales and growth for Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for the organization
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. Company
- Serve as internal auditor for Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc.
Client Service Executive
- Welcomes clients and visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products and, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
Waterless Car washers and Automobile Detailers (6):
- Make use of high lubricity sprays to polish and wash the vehicle’s bodywork.
- Responsible for handling waterless car wash services such as thorough cleaning, restoration, and finishing of an automobile, both inside and out, to produce a pristine level of detail
- Handle services that involves cleaning and restoring or exceeding the original condition of the surface of the car’s finish
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
- Ensure that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Handle any other duty as assigned by the manager,
- Responsible for transporting equipment, supplies and workers to project site
- Run errand for the organization
- Handle any other duty as assigned by the manager.
6. SWOT Analysis
Waterless car wash services business is one of the many businesses that can easily generate sales with little stress as long as they are well positioned and equipped to carry out their services. We are building a standard waterless car wash business with variety of services which is why we have decided to subject our business idea to SWOT Analysis.
We hired the services of Mr. Larry Brown, a HR and Business consultant with bias in startups to help us conduct SWOT analysis for our company and he did a pretty job for us. Here is a of the result we got from the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc.;
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is centrally located in a densely populated industrial and residential estate in Sacramento, California; our location is in fact one of our major strength. We have a state of the art waterless car wash and we are also one of the very few waterless car wash services in the whole of Sacramento, California that offers a wide range of services for both households and corporate clients.
Another strength that counts for us is the power of our team; our workforce and management. We have a team that are considered experts in the industry, a team of hardworking and dedicated individuals.
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is a new business which is owned by an individual (family), and we may not have the financial muscle to sustain the kind of publicity we want to give our business. As a new business, we are also quite aware that it will take time for us to build trust with our clients.
We are centrally located in one of the busiest areas in Sacramento, California and we are open to all the available opportunities that the city has to offer. Our business concept also positioned us to be a one stop shop in the waterless car wash services business. The truth is that there are no standard waterless car wash businesses within the area where ours is going to be located. In a nutshell, we do not have any direct competition within our target market area.
Some of the threats that are likely going to confront Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is unfavorable government policies, seasonal fluctuations, demographic/social factors, downturn in the economy which is likely going to affect consumer spending and of course emergence of new competitors within the same location where ours is located.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The market for waterless car wash services is driven by the purchase of cars, the season and the increase in consumers’ spending. As the general economy of a country grows, more people will buy cars and more people will patronize the services of waterless car wash businesses on a regular basis especially if their driving habits encourage them to do so.
Waterless car wash services respond to the increase in household spending and also increase in the volume of cars in a particular area or city. The trend of the market can be predicted without stress.
The trend in the car wash and auto detailing industry is that most car wash companies in the bid to survive the recent global economic meltdown included additional services to their core service offerings. Some waterless car wash and automobile detailing companies include selling of car accessories, running a bar, barbing saloon and even restaurant within the same premises if they have enough space.
8. Our Target Market
Before choosing a location for our waterless car wash business, we conducted our feasibility studies and market survey and we were able to identify those who will benefit greatly from our service offerings.
Those who will benefit from our service offerings are households, transport companies, haulage companies and government agencies with fleet of cars/trucks et al. Below is a list of the people and organizations that our waterless car wash services are designed for;
- The public sector; government ministries, agencies and parastatals.
- Organized private sector
- Car Dealership Shops
- Taxi and car rental company
- Transport Companies
- Haulage Companies
Waterless car wash services is an easy business to set up. Anybody can set the business if they have the required startup capital. It means that the possibility of waterless car wash services businesses springing up in the location where our company is located is high. We are aware of this which is why we decided to come up with a business concept that will position us to become the leader in Sacramento – California.
Our competitive edge is that we are a well-equipped waterless car wash business that has loads of complimentary business offerings that can easily attract car owners within the radius of our business. We can confidently say that the location of our waterless car wash services business will definitely count as a positive for us.
For the time being, Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. has no real competitors that can match the quality of service we offer. Our customer service will be customized to meet the needs of all our customers.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and objectives.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
The marketing strategy for Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is going to be driven basically by excellent customer service, honesty and quality service delivery. We will ensure that we build a loyal customer base. We want to drive sales via the output of our jobs and via referral from our satisfied customers. We are quite aware of how satisfied customers drive business growth especially businesses like a waterless car wash service.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be equipped to meet their targets and the overall goal of Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc.
Our goal is to grow Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. to become the leading waterless car wash company in Sacramento – California which is why we have mapped out strategies that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to reckon with in the industry.
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Introduce our waterless car wash services business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to corporate organizations, transport and logistics companies, households and key stake holders in Sacramento – California
- Print out fliers and business cards and strategically drop them in offices, libraries, public facilities and train stations et al.
- Use friends and family to spread word about our business
- Post information about our company and the services we offer on bulletin boards in places like schools, libraries, and local coffee shops et al
- Place a small or classified advertisement in the newspaper, or local publication about our company and the services we offer
- Leverage on referral networks such as agencies that will attract clients who would need our customized services
- Advertise our waterless car wash company in relevant magazines, newspapers, TV and radio stations
- Attend relevant expos, seminars, and business fairs et al to market our services
- Engage in direct marketing approach
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied students
- Join local chambers of commerce and industry to market our services.
Sources of Income
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the car wash and auto detailing industry and we are going to ensure that we do all it takes to attract clients on a regular basis.
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. will generate income by offering the following services: thorough waterless cleaning, restoration, and finishing of an automobile, both inside and out, to produce a pristine level of detail, cleaning and restoring or exceeding the original condition of the surface of the car’s finish .
We are also open to generate income from other related services as long as it falls within the scope of the industry we are operating in.
10. Sales Forecast
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Sacramento – California and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income/profits from our first six months of operation and grow our waterless car wash business and our clientele base.
We have been able to examine the car wash and auto detailing market, we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. Below is the sales projection for Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc., it is based on the location of our business and of course the wide range of related services that we will be offering;
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): $240,000
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): $450,000
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): $750,000
N.B: This projection was done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is set to create a standard for waterless car wash services business in Sacramento – California and throughout the United States which is why we will adopt and apply best practices to promote our business.
Good enough there is no hard and fast rules on how to advertise or promote a waterless car wash business. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc.;
- Encourage our loyal customers to help us use Word of Mouth mode of advertisement (referrals)
- Advertise our waterless car wash services business in relevant magazines, local newspaper, local TV and radio stations
- Promote our business online via our official website
- List our business on local directories (yellow pages)
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, et al to promote our brand
- Install our Billboards in strategic locations in and around Sacramento – California
- Direct coupon mailing approach
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
12. Our Pricing Strategy
Our pricing system is going to be based on what is obtainable in the car wash and auto detailing industry, we don’t intend to charge more and we don’t intend to charge less than our competitors are offering in Sacramento – California.
Be that as it may, we have put plans in place to offer discount services once in a while and also to reward our loyal customers especially when they refer clients to us.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via POS
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our clients make payment for services rendered without any stress on their part.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. understudied one of the leaders in the waterless car wash business to be able to determine the essential things that we would need to successfully launch our business. These are the key areas where we will spend our startup capital on;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in Sacramento – California – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $1,500.
- Marketing promotion expenses (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,000.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $30,800.
- Cost of accounting software, CRM software and Payroll Software – $3,000
- Cost for leasing standard car wash facility- $100,000.
- Cost for facility remodeling – $10,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $1000
- Phone and utility deposits – $3,500
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory – $15,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Cost for waterless car wash and auto detailing equipment (microfiber towels with a minimum weight of 300 GSM (grams per square meter), car wax or polish, gallon of waterless car cleaner et al) – $15,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Credit card machine, POS, tables and chairs et al): $4,000.
- The cost of launching a website: $600
- Miscellaneous: $10,000
We would need an estimate of $350,000 to successfully launch our waterless car wash business in Sacramento – California US.
Generating Funds/Startup Capital for Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc.
Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services, Inc. is owned and managed by Dennis White and his immediate family members. They are the sole financiers of the business which is why they decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital for the business to just three major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our startup capital;
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the startup capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank (loan facility).
N.B: We have been able to generate about $100,000 (Personal savings $80,000 and soft loan from family members $20,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $250,000 from our bank. All the papers and documents have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Part of the plans we have in place to sustain Dennis White® Waterless Car Wash Services is to ensure that we continue to deliver quality services, and improvise on how to do things faster and cheaper. We are not going to relent in providing conducive environment for our workers and also the required trainings that will help them deliver excellent services at all times.
We are quite aware that our customers are key components to the growth and survival of our business hence we are going to continuously engage them to give us ideas on how to serve them better. We will not waste time in adopting new technology, best practices and diversifying our services.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Acquiring facility and remodeling the facility: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- writing of business plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Printing of Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of microfiber towels with a minimum weight of 300 GSM (grams per square meter)., electronic appliances, office appliances and bar accessories: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: Completed
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and in the neighborhood: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – suppliers of all our needed cleaning accessories: In Progress
- What is a Third Party Liability Insurance for Skydiving? - November 27, 2020
- Types of Auto Insurance for Business Owners, Their Pros and Cons and Companies That Offer Them - November 27, 2020
- Types of Property Insurance for Business Owners, Their Pros and Cons and Companies That Offer Them - November 27, 2020