Are you about starting a food and beverage distribution business? If YES, here is a complete sample beverage distribution business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a beverage distribution business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample beverage distribution marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for beverage distribution businesses. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Why Start a Food & Beverage Distribution Business?
It can be truly challenging starting any business, but one business that you can start with little challenges is a beverage distribution business. A beverage distribution business is a business that involves buying beverages in wholesale from beverage production companies and then distributes them to retailers, offices and household.
With this type of business, you can choose to own a store / warehouse if you have the financial capacity to or you can choose to operate without a store. The bottom line is that you must own your own distribution truck / van, you should know how to source for beverages and how to get them delivered to your customers.
Reality is that, starting a beverage distribution business is a profitable business, and it is a very easy business to start, plus it is not so capital intensive- especially if you get the goods on trust from the production companies. Getting the right products that people want to buy and good networking and stock keeping records are the secrets of running a beverage distribution business.
So, if you have decided to start a beverage distribution business, then you have to be sure that you carry out detailed feasibility studies and also market survey. This enables you to properly locate the business in a location with the right demography, network with beverage retailers and household and then hit the ground running. Business plan is yet another very important business document that you should not take for granted in the bid to launching your own business.
Below is a sample beverage distribution business plan template that can help you to successfully write your own with little or no hassle.
A Sample Food & Beverage Distribution Business Plan Template
- Industry Overview
Businesses in the beverage and Soft Drinks Distribution industry are involved in the distribution of bottled and canned beverages for consumption, carbonated soft drinks; purifying and bottling water; and other beverages, such as energy, sports and juice drinks. Products from industrial giants such as Nestle, The Coca Cola Company and Pepsi Co Inc. top the list of products distributed by beverage distribution companies.
Report shows that the revenue growth for beverage distribution industry has slowed over the last half a decade and this is due to the global recession constraining demand across most of the industry’s markets.
The steadily declining sales of beverages and carbonated soft drinks in mature markets, the growing market power of big-box retailers like Wal-Mart and Costco, and the economic downturn is yet another prevailing factor in dwindling revenue generation for beverage distribution companies.
The industry will also benefit from more buoyant economic conditions in emerging markets, with rising disposable incomes and urbanization fueling demand for both beverages, and carbonated products.
The beverage and carbonated drinks distribution industry is a thriving sector of the economy of the United States which generates several billion dollars annually from numerous beverage and carbonated drinks distribution companies scattered all across the United States of America.
The industry is responsible for directly and indirectly employing several thousands of people. It is important to state that no establishment has a dominant share of the available market in this industry; the industry is open for fair competition from new entrants.
It is a fact that an estimated two-thirds of the United States’ gross domestic product (GDP) comes from retail consumption of which the beverage and carbonated drinks distribution industry contributes greatly. This is why the United States of America’s economy is measured with the yardstick of how well the retailing business is fairing in the U.S. In essence, when there is an unstable economy, purchasing power drops and it impacts the retailing / distribution industry negatively which may result in the closure of some of these businesses.
Over and above, beverage and carbonated drinks distribution business is indeed a profitable business venture and it is open for any aspiring entrepreneur to come in and establish his or her business; you can choose to start on a small scale without a store / warehouse or you can choose to start on a large scale with standard store / warehouse, dozens of distribution trucks / vans and strong online presence.
Food & Beverage Distribution Business Plan – Executive Summary
Charlie & Tango Distribution Company is a standard and registered distribution company that will be involved in the distribution of beverages and carbonated drinks to retailers, household, hotels and restaurants et al. Our warehouse cum administrative office will be located in one of the busiest streets in Trenton – New Jersey.
We have been able to lease a warehouse facility that is big enough to fit into the design of the kind of beverage Distribution Company that we intend launching and the facility is centrally located in the heart of town with easy delivery network.
Charlie & Tango Distribution Company will distribute a wide range of beverages and carbonated drinks at affordable prices from different brands. We will engage in the distribution of bottled and canned beverages for consumption, carbonated soft drinks; purifying and bottling water; and other beverages, such as cocoa drinks, energy, sports and juice drinks.
We are aware that there are several large and small beverage distribution companies and even beverage manufacturers all around Trenton – New Jersey that are also into product distribution services, which is why we spent time and resources to conduct our feasibility studies and market survey so as to offer much more than our competitors will be offering.
We have robust distribution network, strong online presence and our distributors are armed with the various payments of options available in the United States.
Beyond selling the distribution of beverages and carbonated drinks from leading brands in the United States, our customer care is going to be second to none in the whole of Trenton – New Jersey and our deliveries will be timely and highly reliable. We know that our customers are the reason why we are in business which is why we will go the extra mile to get them satisfied when they patronize our products and also to become our loyal customers and ambassadors.
Charlie &Tango Distribution Company will ensure that all our customers are given first class treatment whenever they visit our, they order beverages and carbonated drinks from us. We have a CRM software that will enable us manage a one on one relationship with our customers no matter how large the numbers of our customers’ base and distribution network may grow to. We will ensure that we get our customers involved in the selection of brands that they want us to be involved in distributing and also when making some business decisions that directly affect them.
Charlie &Tango Distribution Company will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible.
We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely. We will cultivate a working environment that provides a human, sustainable approach to earning a living, and living in our world, for our partners, employees and for our clients.
Charlie & Tango Distribution Company®, LLC is a family business that is owned by Charlie Tango and his immediate family members. Charlie Tango has a B.Sc. in Business Administration, with well over 8 years of hands on experience in the retailing and distribution industry, working for some of the leading brand in the United States. Although the business is launching out with just by focusing on Trenton – New Jersey, but there is a plan to expand our distribution network all across the state of New – Jersey.
- Our Products and Services Offering
Charlie &Tango Distribution Company is in the beverage and carbonated drinks distribution industry and we will ensure we go all the way to be involved in the distribution of a wide range of goods and products from top manufacturing brands in the United States and other countries of the world.
We are in the beverage and carbonated drinks distribution industry to make profits and we will ensure that we do all that is permitted by the law in the United States to achieve our business aim and objectives. Our products and services offerings are listed below;
- Distribution of functional beverages and sports drinks
- Distributions of carbonated soft drinks
- Distribution of bottled water
- Distributions of fruit juices and cocktails
- Distribution of teas
- Distribution of energy and sport drinks
- Ice manufacturing
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to become the leading brand in the beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution line of business in the whole of Trenton – New Jersey.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to establish a beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business that will distribute a wide range of beverages and carbonated soft drinks from top manufacturing / production brands at affordable prices to retailers, households, hotels and restaurants et al in Trenton and other cities in New Jersey where we intend marketing our services and products.
- Our Business Structure
Charlie & Tango Distribution Company does not intend to start a beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business like the usual mom and pop business around the street corner; our intention of starting a beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business is to build a standard and one stop distribution business in Trenton – New Jersey.
We will ensure that we put the right structure in place that will support the kind of growth that we have in mind while setting up the business. We will make sure that we hire people that are qualified, honest, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of ten years or more. In view of that, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions that will be made available at Charlie &Tango Distribution Company;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Warehouse Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Merchandize Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Information Technologist
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Customer Services Executive
- Drivers / Distributors
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Intensifiers management’s efficiency by recruiting, selecting, and correcting managers. Also, developing an environment for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creates and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall goals.
- Accountable for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Accountable for providing direction for the business
- Answerable for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Appraises the success of the organization
- Reports to the board
Admin and HR Manager
- Accountable for supervision the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Upholds office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Guarantees operation of equipment by completing preventive preservation requirements.
- Appraises job knowledge by partaking in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Describes job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff introduction for new team members
- Is saddled with training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Supervises the smooth running of the daily office activities.
- Answerable to forming the safe and efficient delivery, storage and dispatch of warehoused goods
- Accountable for liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies
- Plans, coordinates and screens the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods
- Accountable for using space and mechanical handling equipment professionally and making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met
- In charge of organizing the use of automated and computerized systems where necessary
- Accountable for keeping stock control systems up to date and making sure inventories are accurate;
- Manages vendor relations, market visits, and the ongoing education and development of the organizations’ buying teams
- Responsible for the purchase of beverages and carbonated drinks for the organizations
- Responsible for planning sales, monitoring inventory, selecting the merchandise, and writing and pricing orders to vendors
- Ensures that the organization operates within stipulated budget.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Accomplishes external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Accountable for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Grows, performs and assesses new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
- Manages the organization website
- Handles ecommerce aspect of the business
- Responsible for installing and maintenance of computer software and hardware for the organization
- Manage logistics and supply chain software, Web servers, e-commerce software and POS (point of sale) systems
- Manage the organization’s CCTV
- Handles any other technological and IT related duties.
Accountant / Cashier:
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Client Service Executive
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with customers on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the human resources and admin manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to customers when they make enquiries
Distribution Truck Drivers
- Helps in loading and unloading beverages and carbonated soft drinks
- Upholds a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators.
- Keeps a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment
- Assists the transport and logistics manager in planning their route according to a distribution schedule.
- Local-delivery drivers may be required to sell products or services to stores and businesses on their route, obtain signatures from recipients and collect cash.
Food & Beverage Distribution Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
Our plan of start out in Trenton and distribute our goods only within Trenton – New Jersey is to test run the business for a period of 2 to 5 years to know if we will invest more money, expand the business and then start our beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution all around the state of New Jersey.
We are quite aware that there are several beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution companies all over Trenton and even in the same location where we intend locating ours, which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business.
We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be welled equipped to confront our threats.
Charlie & Tango Distribution Company employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in retailing and distribution to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives. This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Charlie &Tango Distribution Company;
Our location, the business model we will be operating on (robust distribution network), varieties of payment options, wide range of products from top brands and our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for Gina Grocery Home Delivery Services. So, also our management team members are people who have what it takes to grow a business from start – up to profitability with a record time.
A major weakness that could serve as a deterrent to us is that we are a new beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business and we don’t have the financial capacity to compete with leaders in the industry for now.
The fact that we are going to be operating our beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business in Trenton – New Jersey provides us with unlimited opportunities to sell our goods to a large number of retailers and businesses. We have been able to conduct thorough feasibility studies and market survey and we know what our potential clients will be looking for when they patronize our products and services; we are well positioned to take on the opportunities that will come our way.
Just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face is economic downturn. It is a fact that economic downturn affects purchasing / spending power. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a similar business in same location where ours is located.
Food & Beverage Distribution Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
Distribution of goods as wholesaler to retailers has been in existence for as long as human started trading goods, but one thing is certain, the distribution industry is still evolving. The introduction of technology has indeed helped in reshaping the industry.
Lastly, t is now a common phenomenon for distribution companies to leverage on technology to effectively predict consumer demand patterns and to strategically position their business to meet their needs; in essence, the use of technology help businesses like beverage and carbonated soft drinks to maximize supply chain efficiencies. No doubt data collected from customers goes a long way to help beverage and carbonated soft drinks serve them better.
- Our Target Market
The beverage and carbonated soft drinks industry has a wide range of customers; a good number of people on planet earth consume beverages and carbonated soft drinks and it is difficult to find people around who don’t.
In view of that, we have positioned our beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution company to service businesses in Trenton – New Jersey and every other location we will cover all over the state of New Jersey. We have conducted our market research and we have ideas of what our target market would be expecting from us.
We are in business to retail (distribute) a wide range of beverages and carbonated soft drinks from different production companies to the following businesses;
- Retailers of beverages and carbonated soft drinks
- Night clubs and bars
Our Competitive Advantage
A close study of the beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution industry reveals that the market has become much more intensely competitive over the last decade. As a matter of fact, you have to be highly creative, customer centric and proactive if you must survive in this industry.
We are aware of the stiffer competition and we are well prepared to compete favorably with other leading supermarkets and grocery stores in Trenton – New Jersey. Charlie &Tango Distribution Company is launching a standard beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business that will indeed become the preferred choice of retailers, hotels, and restaurants et al in Trenton – New Jersey.
One thing is certain; we will ensure that we have a wide range of products available in our warehouse at all times. One of our business goals is to make Charlie & Tango Distribution Company a one stop beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution company. Our excellent customer service culture, timely and reliable delivery services, online presence, and various payment options will serve as a competitive advantage for us.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution businesses) in the industry meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our aims and objectives. We will also give good working conditions and commissions to freelance sales agents that we will recruit from time to time.
Food & Beverage Distribution Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Charlie & Tango Distribution Company is in business to retail (distribute) a wide range of beverages and carbonated soft drinks from top beverage production companies to hotels, restaurants and retailers in Trenton – New Jersey. We are in the beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution industry to maximize profits and we are going to go all the way out to ensure that we achieve or business goals and objectives.
In essence, our source of income will be the retailing (distribution) of a wide range of beverages and carbonated drinks at affordable prices. We will generate income for the business by;
- Distribution of functional beverages and sports drinks
- Distributions of carbonated soft drinks
- Distribution of bottled water
- Distributions of fruit juices and cocktails
- Distribution of teas
- Distribution of energy and sport drinks
- Ice manufacturing
One thing is certain when it comes to beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business, if your business is centrally positioned coupled with effective and reliable vans / trucks and distribution network, you will always attract customers cum sales and that will sure translate to increase in revenue generation for the business.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Trenton – New Jersey and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow the business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine the beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projections are based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in Trenton – New Jersey.
Below are the sales projections for Charlie & Tango Distribution Company®, LLC, it is based on the location of our business, the list of beverages and carbonated soft drinks and other factors as it relates to beverages and carbonated soft drinks start – ups in the United States;
- First Fiscal Year-: $240,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $450,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $750,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same products, home delivery services and customer care services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Before choosing a location for Charlie &Tango Distribution Company, we conducted a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to be able to be able to penetrate the available market and become the preferred choice for beverage and carbonated soft drinks retailers, hotels, and restaurants in Trenton – New Jersey.
We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the numbers of customers we want to attract per time.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the retailing and distribution industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a larger percentage of the available market in Trenton – New Jersey.
In other to continue to be in business and grow, we must continue to distribute beverages and carbonated soft drinks which is why we will go all out to empower or sales and marketing team to deliver. In summary, Charlie & Tango Distribution Company will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to win customers over;
- Open our business in a grand style with a party for all.
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to beverages and carbonated soft drinks retailers, hotels, restaurants, households and key stake holders in Trenton – New Jersey
- Ensure that we have a wide range of beverages and carbonated soft drinks from different brand within and outside the United States at all times.
- Make use of attractive hand bills to create awareness business
- Position our signage / flexi banners at strategic places around Trenton – New Jersey
- Position our greeters to welcome and direct potential customers
- Create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our regular customers
- Engage on road shows within our neighborhood to create awareness for our beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business.
Food & Beverage Distribution Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Despite the fact that our beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business is well structured and well located, we will still go ahead to intensify publicity for the business. We are going to explore all available means to promote the business.
Charlie & Tango Distribution Company has a long-term plan of opening distribution channels all around the state of New Jersey which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted in Trenton before venturing out. As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for winning customers over but to effectively communicate our brand.
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Charlie & Tango Distribution Company®, LLC;
- Place adverts on community based newspapers, radio stations and TV stations.
- Encourage the use of word of mouth publicity from our loyal customers
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; YouTube, Instagram, Facebook ,Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Badoo, Google+ and other platforms to promote our business.
- Ensure that our we position our banners and billboards in strategic positions all around Trenton – New Jersey
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas in and around our neighborhood
- Contact beverage and carbonated soft drinks retailers, hotels, restaurants, night clubs and bars by calling them up and informing them of Charlie & Tango Distribution Company and the products we sell / distribute
- Advertise our grocery home delivery services business in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site
- Brand all our official cars and distribution vans / trucks and ensure that all our staff members and management staff wears our branded shirt or cap at regular intervals.
Our Pricing Strategy
Pricing is one of the key factors that gives leverage to distribution companies and retailers, it is normal for retailers to purchase products from distribution companies that they can goods at cheaper price. We will work towards ensuring that all our goods are distributed at highly competitive prices compare to what is obtainable in the United States of America.
We also have plans in place to discount our goods once in a while and also to reward our loyal customers from time to time.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Charlie & Tango Distribution Company is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Charlie &Tango Distribution Company will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards / Point of Sale Machines (POS Machines)
- Payment via POS machines
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for farm produces purchase without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for the purchase of our products.
- Start – Up Expenditure (Budget)
In setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting a place, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that the start-up can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business.
The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked. As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money.
This is the key areas where we will spend our start – up capital;
- The total fee for registering the business in the United States of America – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $3,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Charlie & Tango Distribution Company®, LLC in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- The cost for hiring business consultant – $2,500.
- The cost for insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- The cost for payment of rent for 12 month at $1.76 per square feet warehouse facility in the total amount of $105,600.
- The total cost for warehouse facility remodeling (construction of racks and shelves) – $20,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $60,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory (stocking with a wide range of beverages, and carbonated soft drinks) – $100,000
- Storage hardware (bins, rack, shelves, food case) – $3,720
- The cost for counter area equipment (counter top, sink, ice machine, etc.) – $9,500
- The cost for serving area equipment (plates, glasses, flatware) – $3,000
- The cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- The cost of purchase and installation of CCTVs – $5,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost for the purchase of distribution vans / trucks – $25,000
- The cost of launching a website – $600
- The cost for our opening party – $7,000
- Miscellaneous – $10,000
We would need an estimate of $500,000 to successfully set up our beverage and carbonated soft drinks distribution business in Trenton – New Jersey. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all the staff for the first month of operation.
Generating Funds / Startup Capital for Charlie &Tango Distribution Company
Charlie & Tango Distribution Company®, LLC is a private business that is solely owned and financed by Charlie Tango and his immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partner which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $200,000 (Personal savings $150,000 and soft loan from family members $50,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $300,000 from our bank. All the papers and document have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
Food & Beverage Distribution Business Plan – Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Charlie & Tango Distribution Company®, LLC is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to retail / distribute our beverages and carbonated soft drinks a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Charlie & Tango Distribution Company®, LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of warehouse facility and remodeling the facility: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Purchase of distribution vans: Completed
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Compilation of our list of products that will be distribute: Completed
- Establishing business relationship with beverages and carbonated drinks production companies within and outside of the United States of America: In Progress