Do you need a source of income that align with your zodiac sign (Cancer)? If YES, here are 50 best small business ideas & opportunities for Cancerians in 2019.
Cancer is one of the twelve zodiac signs in astrology. This sign of the zodiac is very much attached to family life. The Moon, symbol of femininity and fertility is its ruling planet. Cancers are born between June 21 and July 22, and have very distinct personality traits.
Traits of a Cancerian
People who fall under the zodiac sign of cancer are known to be intuitive, sentimental, sympathetic, sensitive and with a very complicated personality. They are also conservative and home-loving people deep inside. Cancer zodiac sign natives are mostly the family types. To get a better understanding of a Cancerians we can look at their positive and negative qualities.
- Creative: Cancerians are usually full of new and imaginative ideas. However, in the process they can end up with ideas that may not be too practical, or may be too over-ambitious. Their highly creative nature makes them pioneers in a lot of businesses and technology.
- Spontaneous: The power to think and act spontaneously is a major guiding force for a Cancer-born, and more than reasoning, they rely on their intuition for taking decisions.
- Faithful: Cancerians are by nature faithful and generous towards others, and they hardly expect anything in return for their generosity and faithfulness. This usually makes their business partnership with others go a lot more smoothly.
- Loving: The Cancer-born natives deeply admire and respect people who are near to them. Even those who are far away get to experience the loving side of a Cancer native very often.
- Emotional: Cancer-born are quite emotional people, but at times they might appear icy and separated. They sympathize with other people and love to take care of them.
- Protective: Cancer-born individuals are greatly protective of their personal area, interests, belongings, relationships and loved ones.
- Moody: Cancerians can be very temperamental and their mood swings are quite unpredictable, which may become overwhelming for the people around them.
- Pessimistic: They can easily get bogged down by setbacks and failures. It is observed that Cancer natives are prone to pessimism and this may tend to hold some Cancerians back from attaining their full business potential.
- Clingy: This is their typical characteristic. The Cancer natives find it difficult to let go of things close to their heart, and hence, they find it difficult to look beyond the imperfections and move on.
- Overemotional: Cancer-born are inclined to carry imaginary hurts and setbacks along with them. This is because of their overemotional nature, which can create highly unsettling conditions for them.
- Suspicious: Cancer-born individuals are inclined to doubt people’s intentions as they carry an imaginary fear, and so they cross-check everything. Even though in their personal life this trait is not desirable, but in business it tends to give them and edge because they like to be thorough.
- Born Nagger: A cancer-born keeps on complaining and are considered as born naggers. The negative energy this specific habit is producing may distance people from them, especially their near and dear ones.
Some famous Cancerians are Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Walt Disney et al.
Cancerians can naturally adapt to a wide range of businesses, however, they do best in businesses that provide both emotional stability and financial security. Thanks to their stellar organizational skills, they are usually good entrepreneurs. Here are some of the best business ideas for Cancerians in the United States of America.
50 Best Small Business ideas for Cancerians in 2019
1. Antiquarian: Cancerians tend to have a love for old things and are enthusiastic to collect cool objects, so it only makes sense to turn this passion into a career by starting your own retail shop. This would satisfy your emotional needs as well as cater to a select clientele who would cherish what you also hold dear.
2. Real Estate Agent: Cancerians are family people and they love helping families find a comfortable nest of their own. Their keen perception and listening skills help match people harmoniously with places and prices.
3. Book shop owner: Seeing into the past through narratives, texts, and art of those who have come before could be made into more than just a hobby for your sign. Cancerians passion and undying interest can land you in a viable career with a library or a book shop. Cancerians love to learn and the also have a passion for encouraging others to investigate, probe, or write articles and books on well-analyzed historic facts, people, and places.
4. Nutritionist: The realm of health, improving the quality of people’s lives through their dietary intake is a natural fit for Cancer. They are passionate about taking care of themselves and educating others about the kind of nourishment they are putting into their bodies and what preventative habits can keep them from developing health risks.
5. Baker: Is there a better way to comfort and nurture family, friends, and customers than with deliciously baked goods? Public demand keeps growing for specialty bread such as whole-grain, gluten-free, and vegan, and you could make extra dough by selling your fabulous cakes, brownies, and cookies.
In the business of food, you always know that they’ll be hungry again tomorrow. Baked food, cookies, bread and pastries are some of the most loved and sought after foods by Americans.
To start a bakery business, you will need to have formal or informal training in other to have the prerequisite knowledge that is needed before you can start operating a bakery. To maximize your sales, you can embark on some marketing campaign so as to spread the news about your bakery to as much people as possible. You can also charge extra to make customized cakes and cookies for your clients.
6. Ecommerce: A natural-born merchant, Cancer could make the perfect career choice selling goods through the booming web industry. Cancerians have a profound understanding of the need for quality and value when making purchase decisions, and you can pass that along to your customers in the products you represent. Well-organized and strategic in business, you can help design an online catalog or sell your items on auction sites.
7. Gardener: Governed by the Moon and her cycles, Cancer natives would do well by Mother Earth by growing plants, fresh herbs, and vegetables or flowers—a natural career choice for the Cancerians with a green thumb.
8. Caterer: Because Cancer natives are so good at management and organization as well as cooking, developing a career in the world of catering is a likely choice for you. With uncanny accuracy in understanding what your clients want and your talent for developing menus that satisfy and nourish, this career choice is a recipe for success.
9. Cooking tutorials: cooking is not just a skill that is limited to the kitchen in your house. It can also lead to a successful full time job or a side hustle. If you are a caterer who knows how to prepare the various varieties of food, you can extend your services to include tutoring prospective cooks on how to prepare various dishes.
10. General construction: Cancerians are very creative people and can be drawn to the construction industry. You can decide to go into the mining business by processing natural resources or even buying and selling them to earn money. Even if you choose not go directly in the mining proper, there are secondary businesses that can be developed, such as offering truck service for transporting the materials and so on.
11. Car rental services: In recent times, airline prices have been on a steady increase and as such, a lot of people are in need of a cost effective alternative to their transportation and traveling needs. With the proper planning and management, a car rental business can be quite a viable and lucrative business which potential entrepreneurs can key into.
Contrary to what a lot of people think, setting up a car rental agency is not as cost intensive as one may think. With the aid of a telephone number, a website and a few cars, you can set up shop and start operating a car rental. With this business, you can rent your cars to travelers who do not want to add mileages to their own vehicles.
Alternatively, you can also offer event car rental service. This business entails renting out you vehicles for events such as weddings, proms, burials and other such events. If you are buoyant, you can also offer exotic car rentals. This business offers expensive and classy cars up for rentage.
12. Grocery Store Business: a grocery store is a business that has been known to always thrive among Americans and due to the organizational skill of Cancerians; they tend to do well in this line of business. Before you start this business, ensure you have suppliers that would provide you with fresh items all the time.
Also, promptly sell out items that are few weeks from their expiry date at a discount and remove all items that have expired from your shelf. Following this simple tip will encourage customer loyalty to your business. The startup capital for this business would be determined by the size and scope of the business.
13. Business Plan Consulting: Cancerians tend to be detail oriented and creative and if you have a Good knowledge of business process and project management, you can use that knowledge to become an efficient and effective business plan consultant. There are many public and private organizations in the United States and thus, you have a viable market to showcase your skills and earn income at the same time. This business can be done on a part-time or full-time basis.
14. Personal trainer: Cancerians tend to do well in the area of health and as such they can help people to stay in shape with their knowledge and passion. As a personal trainer, you can work hand in hand with your clients to help them fulfill their fitness goals and still get paid for it.
To become an elite fitness trainer, you will need to be certified from a recognized body. A good fitness trainer is expected to have a good knowledge of how the body works and should also have extensive knowledge on personal fitness and how to motivate individuals to work out.
15. Editorial Services: Cancerians tend to be detail oriented and creative and as such they tend to do well when offering editorial services. Here are some of the editorial services you can provide right the comfort of your own home:
- Copyediting. This involves checking facts making sure that a copy is free from any grammatical, stylistic and typographical errors.
- Proofreading. This is the last stop for a “finished” piece. The proofreader makes sure the copyediting changes have been properly made and no new errors are created in the process.
- Indexing. There are indexing courses available and you can get indexing software in order to help you carry out this job.
- Developmental editing. A developmental editor works with a manuscript on big-picture things like organization and content issues.
- Book doctoring. This is an editorial service provided for manuscripts written by experts. They create a manuscript as best they can and then a book doctor puts it into publishable shape.
- Ghost Writing. As a ghost writer, you actually do the research and write the book and someone else’s name is attached as the author.
- Copywriting. Also known as business writing, this is writing that promotes a product or a service.
- Book writing. Do you have an expertise in something professional, such as accounting or interior decorating? Then you can write a book about it and make a lot of money from it.
- Magazine article writing. Magazines and newspapers are a great way to get your writing published before tackling the daunting task of writing a whole book.
- Web page content provider. Providing content for a web site is a good way to make some money writing.
16. Freelance writing: there are a lot of websites that are in need content particularly large blog sites that need a lot of content due to the amount of traffic they have on their website on a daily basis. So to get additional content, they have to hire additional writers to write content for them.
They may tell you the topics they need or you may have to come up with an idea for a topic on your own that is related to a particular niche. Alternatively, you can offer your service as a freelance writer on freelance websites such as Upwork, SEOclerk, Fiverr, Freelancer et al.
17. Translation service: if you can read and write more than one language you can always monetize this skill to make money by offering to help people translate written and spoken words from one language to another. With the ever increasing number of non-English speakers in America, translation services are a booming business. You can be an independent translator and offer your services on freelance websites.
18. Senior Care: on a yearly basis, the number of elderly people in the united states (just like in almost every other place) keeps increasing. Therefore, the demand for senior citizen care will always be in higher demand. Health-related or non-health services like cooking, running errands, driving, body massage, can be rendered to these senior citizens.
There are also business opportunities in retirement real estate. This involves selling real estates to retired people in choice areas mostly suitable for senior citizens. Also, you need to have good knowledge of real estate business. You need to be patient and friendly if you are rendering health or non-health related services to these type of people. Due to their intuitive, sentimental, sympathetic and sensitive nature, Cancerians tend to be good care givers.
19. Event or Party Planner: Cancerians are creative and detail oriented and as such they make good event planners. As an event or party planner, you need to be familiar with different trends and have good bargaining skills. It is also advisable you specialize in specific sectors like; corporate events or weddings.
This business can be done on large, medium or small scale. Event planning does not require any special degree or certification. The United States government has projected that there will be a 40 percent growth by the year 2020 in event planning.
20. Pet sitting service: one of the qualities of Cancerians is that they can be loving and protective as such, if you are a Cancerian who is a lover of animals then you can thrive in offering pet sitting services. Pet sitting generally involves taking care of pets in the comfort of their own surroundings.
It should not be confused with pet boarding which involves taking the animal to your own home. Apart from pet sitting, pet sitters usually offer services like dog walking, pooper scooper, pet taxi and even house sitting. As a pet sitter, you do not need a trade business license, however, it is advisable to register your business with the state.
21. Vlogging: Every day, over 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube and your video can be one of them. When well-managed, a YouTube channel can be just as or even more profitable than a traditional blog. For starters, you don’t require a domain nor do you need to spend money on hosting your channel. You also have a large audience and a ready-made platform for you to work with.
Furthermore, AdSense approval through YouTube is easy and what’s more, you can start earning from the very first day you create your account and make a post. You can just go to YouTube, upload a video and you can get started from there. There are tons and tons of niches to choose from like online reviews, comedy, how-to, real estate, business, gaming, and motivation channels etc.
You can get paid by enabling Google AdSense on your channel, through sponsored videos and through sale of your services or the services of others on YouTube. Cancerians are quite creative- an attribute that is needed in order to be successful and relevant when it comes to vlogging.
22. Translation and interpreter services: Even though there is a lot of translation software out there that claim to be able to translate transcripts, most of them are frauds or pale in comparison to an actual human being that is skilled at this. Also, there is almost no software that can accurately translate an audio from another language to text. If you know more than one language, you can make some money by translating documents from English to other languages or vice versa or by interpreting spoken language for people who would need such a service
23. Restaurant business: Cancerians are so good at management and organization as well as cooking, and as such starting a restaurant business falls right in their alley. A well positioned restaurant that offers quality food and service is sure to generate a lot of income for the owner of such a business.
One good thing about the restaurant business is that an owner has the sole right to determine the price they want to sell their menu irrespective of what others around may sell their food for, especially if they are good with the delicacies they whip up.
There are various kinds of restaurants you can choose to start if you are interested in opening a restaurant. Examples include fast food restaurants, intercontinental restaurants, local restaurants, family style cafeterias, casual dining restaurants, and fast casual restaurants, amongst others.
24. Veterinary clinic: like was mentioned earlier, Cancerians tend to thrive in the health sector so if you have a prerequisite qualification (that is, if you are a qualified veterinary doctor) then this is a business you can easily start and earn money from. As a veterinary clinician, you will be tasked with the function of taking care the health and wellbeing of animals and pets.
25. Day Care Service: Cancerians are loving, emotional and protective and as such they make for great care givers. The market for daycare is really huge! You can start in either your home or in the workplace. Corporations may consider providing you with free space if you provide day care for their employees’ kids. Safety and licensing are essential for this business. You can quickly build a steady income and a valuable business.
26. Home Landscaping: like it was mentioned earlier, Cancerians are governed by the Moon and her cycles, and Cancer natives would do well by Mother Earth by growing plants, fresh herbs, and vegetables or flowers—a natural career choice for the Cancerians with a green thumb. There is a big difference between mowing a lawn and performing a full landscaping service.
Landscape designers design elaborate and unique landscapes for their clients’ property. Focus on high-end projects to make this business even more profitable. The closer your expertise and confidence allows you to get towards high-end landscape designs, the higher an income you will be able to command.
27. House Cleaning: Cancerians are homely and do well in the house cleaning industry. House cleaning is one of the most popular small businesses because almost everyone wants a house cleaner. The work is repetitive and continuous. But if you can show up on time and do a good job consistently, you will build a healthy clientele. And if you can charge enough so that you can delegate, you can grow this into a large business.
There are many directions you can take this business. If you want to work during hours when no one else does, you can focus on office clients. You can focus on retail businesses and keep your customers clumped into one or two blocks.
Restaurants are in great need of daily thorough cleaning and can be a great source of steady clients. Many times with cleaning services you don’t have to spend lots of money on advertising or marketing because your customers will come by word of mouth and as such it can be a really good business for a young school leaver.
28. Jewelry making: There are many different ways of getting into the jewelry business and many different types of materials with which you can work with. Working with metal will probably require the most in the way of specific tools. You need to be able to heat the metal to manipulate it, and you need metalworking tools to cut and engrave it.
But there are many other materials that you can work with to make jewelry–glass, plastic, beads, feathers, even wood, to name just a few. With minimal training you can start up a jewelry making business. Cancerians are detail oriented and when they are well trained they can create well-crafted pieces of jewelry.
29. Buying and Selling On e-Bay: Buying and selling happens to be one of the easiest means of making money and one of the biggest online platforms that you can leverage on to make money buying and selling stuffs is e-bay. E-bay is an internet platform that you can sell your stuffs on. All you need to do is to sign up for their services, play by their rules in listing and selling your products and be extra careful when dealing with your clients.
Unlike most online businesses, your location has little or no influence on your business, so you can start this type of business from anywhere in the United States and still be very successful. Furthermore, you can start this type of business with little cash and no experience in business. You can sell almost anything on eBay, from cloths, to books, electronics et al.
30. Gym ownership: Statistics indicated strong business growth opportunities for starting your own gym business, but how can you tap into this? Statistics indicate that the 103,077 fitness businesses throughout the U.S. net more than $30 billion annually according to a 2017 record.
You can start a gym which all sorts of fitness equipment’s which people can use for their various workouts. To increase your gym’s chances for success make sure to plan and properly finance your business idea.
But before you start a gym business, you must research the fitness and health market in your local area and assess the competition. Franchise gyms offer significant advantages to their owners, but require a steep initial investment. Franchise fees are often beyond the financial means of most first-time business owners and franchise terms typically dictate the type of services that can be offered by franchisees.
Independent gyms, by contrast, require a somewhat smaller investment and allow more freedom to the business owner. Hours and services can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your prospective customer base, helping you to build loyalty and ensure repeat business.
31. Yoga instructor: people who are born in the zodiac sign of cancer can do well in health related fields. If you’re a passionate yogi who wants to teach others how to do yoga safely and regularly, you could consider training as a yoga teacher. In today’s world, a lot of people are faced with the challenge of a very tight schedule, which leaves them with little or no time to relax and unwind. You can start a yoga class to take care of this issue.
Here, you will instruct people on deep breathing relaxation techniques and other various techniques that are aimed at exercising the body and reducing stress. You can accommodate people with different work schedules, and you need to be flexible with the hours of your session.
32. Blogging: a blog is an individual website that is updated on a regular basis. If you love to write, then you can open up a blog where you can discuss a range of issues. Cancerian are creative and as such they are able to engage their readers with their creativity. There are many different ways a blog can be monetized so you should not stick to just one.
You can make money through blogging by putting up adverts on your blog, selling your own courses and books, affiliate marketing and of course Google AdSense. The more traffic you have, the more money you’ll make. Even if you post to your blog every day but only have ten people looking at it, you won’t make much money.
33. SEO specialist: the internet is filled with millions of websites and one easy way that people get to find and visit these websites is through various search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, Bing et al. Due to the fact that there are a lot of websites in the internet, for a website to appear in the first page of a search engine, it has to optimized.
This is the job of a search engine optimization (SEO) specialist. A lot of website now realize the importance of having a website that is SEO compliant, thus, this service is in high demand.
The work of an SEO specialist is largely online based and as such it can be carried out from anywhere as long as there is a steady internet connection. Also the work hours are very flexible. You can learn about this business right from the internet without even attending any other training.
34. Vacation Rentals: if you have a spare room in your house, you can put it to good use and make money from it by renting it out through websites like airbnb. However, you should have in mind that vacation rental falls into the hospitality industry and such it is much more hands on when compared to house rentals.
As such, you will need to be available to help your renters and change the sheets and linens between guests. The homey nature of a Cancerian really comes into play in this sort of business.
If you don’t have a house to rent out, all hope is not lost. You can still partner with someone who has a house to rent but does not have the time or chance to do it by themselves. Due to the tremendous growth in online vacation rental, you are bound to find someone who is willing to hire you to take care of their rental especially if you stay in a very populous city.
35. Art: Cancerians are creative and spontaneous and this tends to make them good artists. In addition, if you are an accomplished artist and you feel very comfortable with your medium, you will find out that people will want you to teach them or hold an art workshop. Teaching art is a very nice way to keep yourself in the art niche and also get creative idea for your students.
36. Microbrewery: A microbrewery or craft brewery as it is called in some quarters is a brewery (plant) that produces a small amount of beer per time; it is indeed a small scale brewery that can’t be compared to the conventional brewery plants and it is usually owned independently. In order words, any entrepreneur that has some cash and brewing technique can comfortably start his or her own microbrewery business.
Generally, the selling point for microbrewery is characterized by their emphasis on their unique flavor, the quality of their beer and their brewing technique. If you own a microbrewery, you can teach others how they can set up a brewery and brew their own beer.
37. Illustrator: children’s books are filled with colorful stories that are made even more vivid with illustrations. If you are good in drawing, you can offer you services as an illustrator for authors who write children’s books.
38. Transcription service: Transcription is an option if you have great listening and typing skills. You will need to upload and download files, so a reliable and fast internet connection would be necessary. A lot of people who do videos or audios need a transcription service. It could be a lecture, court case, podcast, audios, interviews, videos, movies et al.
Manual human transcription services are in high demand because there is no decent application or computer program that can transcribe audios to text with accuracy. You can make use of freelancer websites or transcibeme.com to get work on a regular basis.
39. Food Truck: a food truck is one of the various types of mobile vending business. This type is food business is quite advantageous because you can easily move your truck to another location that has more potential customers than your present location. Many Americans have a busy routine and as such they may prefer to grab a bite on the go. Starting a food truck business requires little investment, yet with proper management, it can really yield a lot of turn over
40. Ridesharing: the last couple of years has witnessed a rise in the popularity of ridesharing apps with Uber and Lyft being in the fore front and you can cash in on it by becoming a driver. If your car is good looking, you like meeting new people and want a way to get out into your community more, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
41. Interior decoration: as an interior decorator, it is expected that you should have a flair for decoration and matching colors and should also be creative. You can also go ahead to teach people all about interior decoration and charge them for it.
42. Pilates instructor: Pilates is a type of exercise routine that focuses on strengthening your core muscles, which include the muscles of your abdomen, back and torso, also known as your powerhouse. Working with a trained instructor provides you with a chance to lengthen and tone your body, increase your balance and improve your flexibility. Instructing Pilates does not technically require special certification, but your licensing can greatly influence your salary.
Instructing a Pilates class does not technically require certification or licensing. However, most professional facilities such as gyms or Pilates studios do not allow you to instruct clients without at least a certification in basic group fitness.
Higher degrees of licensing, offered by organizations such as the American Council on Exercise or American Fitness Professionals and Associates increase the odds of becoming employed, in addition to increasing your salary potential. Advanced certifications such as in weight management or personal training also increases earning possibilities.
43. Tailoring, Dressmaking and Clothing Design: all over the world, the demand for self-made cloths is constantly on the increase. A lot of people want designs that are tailor made for them according to their own specification.
Tailors also help to alter and repair clothing so that they can be a better fit for the wearer. If you are into tailoring, dressmaking and clothing design, you can teach other people how you make cloths for a fee. The creativity of this zodiac sign makes them able to come up with good and innovative design.
44. Website Development/Management: Cancerians usually have the creative to come up with innovative web designs and as such, when they get the necessary skills, they can start creating personalized websites for customers. If you don’t have the talent, you can teach yourself through Codeacademy, Udemy, etc. Besides developing websites, you can also offer a service like website management where you keep clients websites properly running and updated.
45. Graphic Design: businesses are always in need of talented creatives to tell their story through branding. This could be anything from designing a logo, advertisements, newsletter, magazine, flyer, or information sheet. You can learn graphic design yourself with the aid of the internet (Udemy and YouTube) or you can learn it from an institute or school. With the aid of your laptop, you can offer this service without having to leave your house.
46. Domain Name Buyer: Purchasing a domain is cheap. You can even obtain one for under $10. But, the real money is in purchasing a domain that can be profitable. This way when a business comes along and needs that domain, they won’t hesitate to pay your top-dollar for it.
47. Cleaning Out Foreclosed Homes: When a bank forecloses on a home, they always have to hire a business to clean the place out. Sometimes this can be really dirty, both physically and emotionally, but it’s an overlooked and profitable business idea that a school leaver can start.
48. Firewood Service: People with wood burning stoves and fireplaces need wood and most of them will prefer if the wood is delivered to their doorstep, cut up into bite-sized pieces. You can help them out by offering this service to them for a fee.
49. App development: every day thousands of applications are developed. If you are skilled in programming, you can make a lot of money from developing applications as long as your creations are useful and are fun to use.
50. Marriage Counselor: married life is not always easy for some because there are a lot of challenges along the way. Cancerians are quite attached to family life and as such they have the insight that is required for guiding couples towards a successful union. You can offer this service to couples who would want to settle their marital differences.