Do you want to start a business that will make you free to travel the world and live the life? If YES, here are 50 best lifestyle small business ideas for 2020.
What is a Lifestyle Business?
A lifestyle business is a type of business that creates a balance between work and living. Most people who are into lifestyle businesses are not solely interested in the profits that they would earn, but in the freedom that the business offers, or the opportunity it gives them to maintain a specific lifestyle.
For instance, a person who loves to travel may want to pick up a career as a travel blogger so that they can earn money while they do what they love. A lifestyle business doesn’t really feel like a career or a business, it’s more like earning money from your passion. If you are looking for lifestyle business ideas, here are a few you could consider:
50 Best Lifestyle Small Business ideas for 2020
1. Dropshipping: Dropshipping is a type of business that allows you to sell items to people from all over the world – no need for capital to start, a store to display your goods, or a need to always be present at your store in order to supervise your employees, you just need to look for businesses that have an active dropshipping program, partner with them, and sell your products online.
The only thing you need for this business is a computer, and good research skills to be able to spot the hottest selling items.
2. Fulfilled by Amazon (Amazon FBA): Fulfilled by Amazon works like dropshipping only that this time, you need to have stocks – you need capital to start the business. But FBA requires minimal supervision because all you need to do is to purchase your stocks, send it to an Amazon warehouse closest to where you think most of your potential customers live, then you display the goods on your Amazon store and advertise.
When a customer shows interest in purchasing your goods, Amazon handles the processing and shipping so that all you need to do is to sit back at home, and watch your money grow. If you are passionate about buying and selling but cannot be bothered with owning and operating a brick and mortar store, this is the perfect Business model for you.
3. Travel Blogging: Travel blogging is a suitable lifestyle business idea for people who enjoy travelling. Travel bloggers get offers to stay in luxury hotels and tourist destinations around the world, they sometimes get free travel tickets, airport transfers, meals, and basically anything they need to enjoy their trips.
They get all of this in exchange for a shout-out, a review on their blogs, and the free advertisement or awareness that they can give bring to the businesses of those people who offer them these freebies.
4. Social Media Influencer: Social media is where a huge number of people in the online community hang out. This is where they visit to unwind and relax, and even catch up with their friends and family.
Millions of people visit the various social media platforms daily and business owners understand that the one of the best ways to advertise their business is to advertise on social media so they pay people who have large social media followings to advertise their business on their pages.
As a social media influencer with a large number of followers on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and other social media platforms, you can be earning thousands of dollars monthly just from helping people advertise their products and businesses on your page.
5. Amazon Kindle Publishing: If you love writing, you can start a lifestyle business as a publisher on Amazon. You can write eBooks on diverse topics, and earn passive income from selling them to millions of people on the Amazon kindle platform.
6. Blogger: If you approach blogging the right way, choose a niche carefully and grow your followers, you can earn a lot of money from Google Adsense, private advert placements, and affiliate marketing without going through a lot of stress.
7. Information Marketer: Another business idea that allows you to enjoy a specific lifestyle while you work is information marketing. We are in the age of development, and there are a lot of trends and topics coming up that people are interested in learning about. You can look into packaging these information into eBooks, webinars, audios, and podcasts, then sell it to people online.
8. Podcasting: Podcasting is likes owning your mini radio station which you can use to teach people, sell products and services to them, and advertise other people’s business in exchange for cash. Podcasting is very easy to start, requires no overhead costs, and can earn you a lot of money if you approach it the right way.
9. Sales Letter Writing: There are people who charge as much as $10,000 or more from writing sales letters for people to sell their products and services.
If you can write sales letters that force people to take action, you can start a lifestyle career as a sales letter writer.
10. Cryptocurrency Trading: Another idea is to become a cryptocurrency trader or investor. Cryptocurrency traders take advantage of the fluctuations in the market to make profit for themselves by buying when prices are low, and selling when prices are high. You can earn a lot of money trading cryptocurrency, and you can do it from any location in the world.
11. Audio Book Marketing: People are sometimes too busy to read, which is why they prefer audio books. With audio books, they can listen to their books instead, and gain valuable knowledge while driving, eating, or completing other tasks. The audio book industry is a growing one, and very lucrative too. This is another great lifestyle business idea that you may want to consider.
12. Website Set up, Management and Security: You can set up and manage websites for thousands of clients all over the world, just from the comfort of your home- no start-up costs, no running costs, and no need to be present at the offices of your clients.
13. Software/Mobile Apps Developer: Software and mobile app developing is also a very lucrative and easy business that allows you to live any kind of lifestyle you desire.
You can either develop mobile apps and software for businesses that require specialized apps for their businesses, or you can create software and apps that you can upload on mobile or computer app platforms where people can pay to download and use them.
14. Virtual Assistant: As a virtual assistant, you can perform clerical duties or other tasks for clients from any part of the world. This is a perfect lifestyle business for stay-at-home parents, college students, or people looking to work from home and cut back on stress.
15. SEO Consultant: Another idea is to become an SEO consultant. People need their websites to have better search engine visibility so that they can sell their products and services easily. You can start a business that offers this service to website owners all over the world.
16. Travel Consultant: You can start a lifestyle business as a travel consultant. Travel consultants earn commission from selling travel tickets, helping people find hotel accommodations, and packaging travel and tours on behalf of their clients.
17. Real Estate Agent: As a real estate agent, you only have to help people find the right homes in exchange for commission. If you work as an individual real estate agent, you can always set your own rules, and live the kind of lifestyle that you want.
18. Ecommerce Store: Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon, became the richest man in the world just from starting an Ecommerce store. Jeff Bezos is one of the dons of the lifestyle career, and you can follow in his strides.
19. Health Product Marketer: The healthcare product industry is worth billions of dollars. This is because people would pay anything to maintain a good health, or recover from an ailment. You can make money from selling health products online, or by working as an affiliate marketer for companies who manufacture or distribute health products.
20. Affiliate Marketer: Online affiliate marketing beats working as a sales marketer for companies who require you to be present at the office, attend meetings, and present monthly or weekly sales report. If you know how to pick the right products and advertise well, there is no limit to what you can earn as an affiliate marketer.
21. YouTube Blogger: You can start your own mini reality series and show people what your daily life is all about, teach people different skills, do comedy skits, and still make money from it on YouTube through the YouTube adsense program.
22. SnapChat Membership Account: Another idea is to start a SnapChat membership account that people can subscribe to watch. You can use your Snapchat account to train people on how to perform various tasks, and acquire some important skills.
23. Stock Trader: Stock traders earn a lot of money from trading the stocks of various companies. If you are smart and good with numbers, this is the perfect lifestyle career for you because stock trading can be done online these days.
24. Event Planner: Another idea is to become an event planner. You can earn money from helping people to plan social and corporate events in exchange for some fees. As an event planner, your working days are limited, and you can do anything you want on days when you are not planning events.
25. T-shirt Designer: Almost everyone in the world wears a T-shirt, or needs to wear one at some point. You can become a T-shirt designer and work online on platforms like Teespring, and Zazzle, where you only need to upload your T-shirt designs, and it would be designed for you and sold to customers who want them from any part of the world.
26. Luxury Personal Shopper: You can become a luxury personal shopper for celebrities and wealthy people, and earn some commission from helping them find items that they are looking for.
27. High Profile Matchmaking Service: Another business idea is to start a high profile matchmaking service where you can help celebrities and wealthy people who are looking for love with the perfect partners for them.
28. Investment Advisor: Another idea to consider is becoming an investment advisor. You can earn good money from teaching and showing people how to invest their money, and sometimes earn commission from helping them invest and grow their money.
29. Nutritionist: A lot of people require the services of nutritionists to help them prepare meal plans for weight loss, for curing weight loss, and for other health benefits. People earn thousands of dollars selling meal plans online, and you can become one of them too.
30. Makeup Artist: If you love to attend events, travel, make people look beautiful, and visit new places, you can consider working as a makeup artist.
31. Fashion Label: You can start your own fashion label. We all wear clothes so if you are good with your designs, you won’t find it hard to get people to buy your clothes. To make the job less stressful for you, you can be in charge of creating the designs, and then hire people to sew the clothes for you.
32. Collectibles Search Assistant: You can help people who like collecting different items to search for those items. For instance, you can travel around the world looking for aged bottles of wine for people who are wine collectors or coins for coin collectors, artwork for art collectors, and so on.
33. Head Hunting and Recruiting Services: It’s sometimes not so easy for corporate organizations to find people to fill the vacancies in their businesses.
34. Making and Selling Handmade Goods: If you are good with arts and crafts, you can make money from selling arts and crafts on platforms like Etsy. If it’s going to be too stressful to create the art works yourself, you can still make money from buying from other people, and selling them online.
35. Jewelry Designer: You can create jewelries like diamond rings, gold chains, and other expensive jewelries, and sell them for good profit.
36. Online Course Creator: Online course creation is a growing business, and a very lucrative one. You can earn money from selling both educational and non-educational courses online.
37. Product Labeling (OEM): Another idea is to start a product labeling business. You simply need to research products that would sell well, look for manufacturers in China that can manufacture them for you and brand them in your name, then import the items and sell to people around you.
If you are interested in a business that involves manufacturing, you can adopt the product labeling model as a way to take out the stress, and make it fit into your preferred lifestyle.
38. Freelance Writer: Another idea is to become a freelance writer. You can earn a lot of money working online, and providing writing services to bloggers, website owners, and other online businesses.
39. Artiste Manager: You can also start a lifestyle business in the music industry that involves scouting for artistes with talents, and managing their careers in exchange for a percentage of their earnings.
40. Cash Back Shopping: If you enjoy shopping, you can start a lifestyle business that allows you to earn cash back on shopping that you already do. You can register on websites like Ebates, and get double cash back earnings from purchasing items you use regularly.
- 5 Tools and Equipment You Need to Become a Locksmith - October 29, 2020
- How Much It Cost to Dispose Hazardous Waste Per Ton - October 29, 2020
- How to Be an Effective Manager – 37 Tips to Help You - October 29, 2020