Are you skilled in making coffee? Are you interested in starting a coffee based business but you lack ideas? Then below are the top ten coffee based small business ideas that you can start from home.
The things we take for granted though. Until a few months ago, i didn’t know that the coffee industry was worth so much money. According to Eric Goldschein in his article titled ‘11 incredible facts about the global coffee industry’, the coffee industry is worth over $100 billion dollars. Wow! Say what? The same coffee i had this morning? He also went ahead to mention some other interesting facts about coffee which i thought i should share-:
Few Facts about the Coffee Industry
- The most sought after commodity in the world apart from crude oil is coffee.
- Coffee is mostly consumed by developed nations but produced by the developing nations.
- Drinking of coffee once carried a death penalty.
- Over 500 billion cups of coffee are consumed in the world daily.
- Over 25 million people in the world depend on coffee farming as a means of livelihood.
- There are hundreds of coffee flavors in the world but there are only two types of coffee-The Arabica and The Robusta.
- More than half of Americans who are above the age of 18 drink coffee daily.
- America relies on Coffee for half of its caffeine.
- In restaurant business, coffee shops are the fastest growing niches in the world.
So, what makes coffee so important and such a hot item not only in America but in the whole world?
Health Benefits of Coffee
- Coffee has antioxidant properties that are beneficial for slowing down aging process.
- Coffee has been proven to help prevent several diseases including heart diseases and diabetes.
- Coffee contains caffeine which is stimulant and increases energy levels. Coffee can improve moods, increase brain and cognitive function.
- Yes, coffee burns fat. How? Coffee increases metabolic rate by up to 11% which helps to aid fat burning.
- Coffee can boost physical performance by increasing adrenaline levels.
- Coffee contains a lot of nutrients which are beneficial to the body such as Riboflavin, Pantothenic acid, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium and Niacin.
- Coffee may prevent Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Cancer, Stroke and liver diseases.
- Coffee could help with lifting a person’s mood, thereby fighting depression.
So, now that you know just how good coffee is for health and general well-being, how can you make money from the coffee industry? Here are the top 10 coffee-based business ideas for you-:
Top 10 Coffee Based Small Business ideas & Opportunities
1. Producing Anti-Aging Coffee
Like i mentioned earlier, coffee has some anti-oxidant properties and the world today, is generally health and fashion conscious. A lot of men and women would do anything to stay young and healthy. A cup of coffee contains up to 350mg of phenolic compounds which could help achieve this.
If you know about some other ingredients that would go well with coffee and would also help to fight the aging process, you could put them together and start your own anti-aging coffee brand. You would be surprised at how many people would be willing to patronize you.
2. Weight loss coffee-: Like i mentioned earlier, coffee aids weight loss. There are lots of coffee brands currently in the market and they are making great sales all over the world. You can start your own weight loss coffee brand too and even introduce a multi-level marketing plan that would enhance sales of your products.
3. Coffee shop: This is a popular business in the coffee industry. A large percentage of people all over the world take coffee for breakfast and some of these people barely have time to grab a cup before leaving home to avoid getting to work late.
This is one reason why coffee shops make great sales because most people grab their morning coffee on the move or during lunch time. Coffee shops are also used as meeting places. You may also add cup-cake selling or selling of pastries and confectioneries to your coffee shop business.
4. Mobile coffee cart/truck-: This is another trending business idea in the coffee industry which involves making it easier for people to have buy coffee easily. Mobile coffee truck owners make thousands of dollars just from selling coffee monthly.
5. Coffee roasting cafe-: Some coffee lovers prefer to have freshly made coffee instead of the pre-packaged brands. This is a good opportunity you can tap into. You can set up your own coffee roasting cafe for people who would rather have fresh, natural coffee.
6. Sustainable coffee house-: You could also open a sustainable coffee shop. What is a sustainable coffee shop? A sustainable coffee shop is also known as a green coffee shop and provides an avenue for people to enjoy their coffee in an environment friendly way.
7. Coffee farming-: Coffee farming is a good source of income. You could start your own coffee farm and sell raw coffee bean seeds to people who would then use the seeds to manufacture and process the coffee for sale to end users.
8. Production of coffee drinks-: Coffee drinks are good stimulants and a very good source of energy. You could start making your own coffee drink for sale to people who would like to grab a bottle on the run.
9. Sales of coffee-related items-: Another business idea in the coffee industry is selling of equipment and items that are used to make coffee such as coffee makers, coffee mugs and coffee dispensers to mention few.
10. Coffee distributor-: Lastly, you can become a distributor of coffee products. You can sell any coffee related products in bulk and you can sell any type of coffee such as weight loss coffee or anti-aging coffee.
In conclusion, the key to running and maintaining a successful coffee business is customer service. Coffee may seem like a cheap food item and the business may seem easy to set up but there is a lot of competition, with more and more people entering into the business yearly. So, if you really want to make a head way and achieve success in your coffee business, you must ensure that you always put your customers first and always look for ways to satisfy them better.
You should think up ways to advertise and promote your business. Don’t relegate advertising to the background because it’s coffee and it’s popular. Advertising would make your products a top-choice amongst consumers. If you will be manufacturing your own coffee products, you must try to introduce multi-level marketing to your business, so that people can help you with selling and promoting your products and earn commission from doing so.
- 10 Pros and Cons of Owning a Vending Machine Business - December 2, 2020
- What are the Best Type of Fans That Prepare You for Skydiving? - December 1, 2020
- What is the Best GoPro Mount Rig Chest Strap for Skydiving? - December 1, 2020