Are you about writing a business plan for a coffee shop? If YES, here is a sample coffee shop business plan financial projection, cost, budget & forecast suitable for investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
Coffee Shop Business Plan – Our Budget & Expenditure
This is the key areas where we will spend our start – up capital;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in California: $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services totaling $1,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Coffee4All® in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Consultant – $2,500.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- Cost for payment of rent for 12 month at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $52,800.
- Cost for Shop remodeling – $10,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $60,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory – $16,027
- Coffee beans (12 regular brands and five decaffeinated brands) – $6,000
- Coffee filters, baked goods, salads, sandwiches, tea, beverages, etc. – $7,900
- Retail supplies (napkins, coffee bags, cleaning, etc.) – $1,840
- The cost for office supplies (one month) – $287
- The cost for Espresso machine – $6,000
- The cost for Coffee maker – $900
- The cost for Coffee grinder – $200
- Food service equipment (microwave, toasters, dishwasher, refrigerator, blender, etc.) – $18,000
- Storage hardware (bins, utensil rack, shelves, food case) – $3,720
- The cost for counter area equipment (counter top, sink, ice machine, etc.) – $9,500
- Cost for serving area equipment (plates, glasses, flatware) – $3,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Office equipment and furniture – $3,600
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al): $4,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website: $600
- The cost for our opening party: $5,000
- Miscellaneous: $2,500
We would need an estimate of about $140,000 to successfully set up our coffee bar business. The amount includes the salary of all employees and the CEO (Owner) for 3 months.
Coffee Shop Business Plan – Financial Projection Sample
- Sources of Income
Our sources of income for Coffee4All are limited to the sales of different types of coffees and pastries. But in the future, we may likely go into the sale of franchise which is going to be an additional source of income for the company.
- Sales Forecast
It is important to state that our sale forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field.
Below is the sales projection based on the location (Los Angeles International Airport) of the coffee bar and the traffic that the location attracts every day of the week:
Coffee (cappuccino, espresso, iced coffee, decaffeinated coffee, alcoholic coffee (Irish Coffee and Brandy Coffee et al), filtered coffee, cold brew coffee, Turkish coffee, coffee with milk, coffee or espresso with whipped cream, and flavored coffee et al):
- 1,000 Cups of Coffee Per Day
Pastries (Sandwich, Bread, Meat Pie, Scotch egg, Pizza, Burger, and Fish Pie et al):
- 1,000 pieces per day
N.B: Please note that thousands of travelers transit through this airport every week, hence there is the likelihood of the coffee sale to increase especially when flights are delayed or cancelled and during winter periods. The idea is to attract as many people as possible to our coffee shop.
In view of this, our annual projected sales for Coffee4All® is put at about $500,000 annually which translates into $254.00 of sales per square foot. This is in line with the industry averages for this size of coffee shop in the united states of America. Over and above, as Coffee4All gets established, our net profitability will likely increases from 17.06% in the first financial year (FY) to 17.63% in the third financial year (FY).
- 10 Pros and Cons of Owning a Vending Machine Business - December 2, 2020
- 4 Best Types of Fan That Prepare You for Skydiving - December 1, 2020
- 10 Best Types of GoPro Mount Rig Chest Strap for Skydiving - December 1, 2020