Are you writing a marketing plan for your dance studio business plan? If YES, here are tips & ideas to help form your sales promotion strategies. Presently, we have legally registered our dance studio and we have fruitfully acquired the required business license and all the necessary permits to run this type of business in the United States of America.
Our dance studio facility is located at 135 E John Carpenter 1400 Irving, Texas United States of America. We were able to secure a standard facility along the road in the heart of the city. The facility is furnished with a smooth floor covering and some part of it is furnished with a hardwood floor especially for tap dancing, and we have enough packing space for our clients.
A Sample Dance Studio Marketing Plan Template
Currently, we have concluded recruitment and training exercises of all employees that will pioneer the business. We are set to open our dance studio on Saturday, 2nd December 2022, with an open house party for the neighborhood. Let us add that we have been able to equip our dance studio with the sound system, dance and fitness equipment that you can find in any standard dance studio in the United States of America.
Table of Content
- 1. Our Market Goals
- 2. Our Marketing Budget
- 3. Our Target Market
- 4. The Benefits Our Client Stand to Gain When They Register in Our Dance Studio
- 5. Our Unique Selling Point: What Makes Our Dance Studio Superior to Our Competitors
- 6. Strategic Marketing Alliance with Our Competitors
- 7. Creating a Brand identity for Our Dance Studio
- 8. Possible Questions We Intend Asking Our Customers During Our Market Survey
- 9. Our Retention Strategies (Ways to Improve Our Customer Experience)
- 10. Ways We Intend to Advertise/Promote Our Dance Studio without Using the Internet
1. Our Market Goals
Every business is expected to have a marketing goal, and that we have done too. As a result, we have perfected our sales and marketing strategies, and are set to deliver excellent services and dance studio facility. We know that if we structure our business properly and have highly trained and motivated employees, we are likely going to meet or even surpass our set target of generating enough income/profits from our first three months of operation.
With the help of experts, we have been able to examine the dance studio and fitness industry with more emphasis on Texas and have analyzed our chances in the industry. Against this backdrop, we have been able to come up with the following marketing goals. It is important to state that our marketing goals/projections are guided on the information we gathered from the field and of course from some workable assumptions.
- Register a minimum of 500 active members in our dance studio on the first year of officially launching the dance studio.
- Retain a minimum of 60 percent of the people that register in our dance studio and there about increase it by 10 percent every year.
- Generate a total income of 200,000 US dollar within the first year of setting up the business
- Generate a total income of 450,000 US dollars in our second year of running the business
- Generate a total income of 700,000 US dollars in our third year of running the business
What we aim to achieve from our market efforts are as follows:
- To be listed among the top 5 dance studio in the United States of America (within a 10 years benchmark)
- To become the number one choice when it comes to dance studio in Irwin and the whole of Texas
- To sell franchise of our dance studio / establish our dance studios in key cities in the United States of America (5 years target)
- We want to build a self – sustaining and highly profitable dance studio business that will contribute to the growth of the economy of the United States of America.
2. Our Marketing Budget
Our marketing budget is influenced by our marketing strategies which is directed towards achieving specific objectives that support the strategic goals of the organization. The truth is that all that we do will be geared towards creating new market channels, increasing sales and increase our market share.
We will leverage on improving on our services and facility to ensure that we win new clients and retain old members. Our marketing budget for our dance studio house and fitness business is put at 7,500 US dollars for the first year of officially launching the business.
This is so because we have been able to study the industry and winning clients is easier when your dance studio is well positioned and well equipped. Subsequently, we will budget between 5 percent and 10 percent of our annual income towards marketing and promoting our dance studio.
3. Our Target Market
The target market for dance studio cuts across people of different walks of life. The fact that people register in dance studio and fitness clubs makes marketing the business interesting. The target market for a dance studio can be categorized into three groups. The first group are the people who want to be professional dancers through proper training and under the guidance of a qualified instructor.
The other group are those who are interested in dancing for the fun of it and the last group of people are those who just want to exercise via dancing. Our dance studio will work towards providing services, facilities and environment that will help us reach out to our target market. These are the category of people that we intend marketing our dance studio to;
- Aspiring Professional Dancers
- Working Class Adults / Corporate Executives
- Sport Clubs (Cheerleaders and choreographers et al)
- About Wed Couples
- Business People / Entrepreneurs
- Government Officials
- Public Figures
- Applicants / School Leavers
- Sports Men and Women
- College Students
- Young adults
4. The Benefits Our Client Stand to Gain When They Register in Our Dance Studio
We are in business for the purpose of making profits and building long lasting relationship with our clients. We are quite aware that if members are satisfied with our dance studio facility, programs and of course services, they will definitely remain loyal and perhaps encourage their friends, family members and colleagues to register with us.
We are trained and well positioned to deliver services that will benefit our members and potential members alike. In view of that, here are the benefits our students stand to benefits when they register in our dance studio:
- We have professional and highly trained dance instructors who will work with individuals based on customized dance related needs.
- Highly secured facility and enough parking space and competitive membership fees that they can get in the United States of America
- We will run a dance studio that will help students who want to participate in dance competition achieve their training needs.
- We will open 24 hours in a day and seven days in a week in order for us to be able to accommodate people with different time preference.
- Excellent customer service delivery at all times and of course freebies at regular intervals
- Good value for their money
5. Our Unique Selling Point: What Makes Our Dance Studio Superior to Our Competitors
One of our major goal of starting our dance studio is to encourage families in Irving, Texas to cultivate the habit of regularly exercising via dancing. Our dance studio facility is designed to take care of adults and children, we have active childcare services for toddlers and we have membership packages that is highly discounted for families.
This is of course our major selling point and perhaps that is what makes our dance studio superior to our competitors in and around Irving, Texas. Another factor that will serve as a unique selling point for our dance studio is the fact that our facility is centrally located in a densely populated – residential area in Irving, Texas; our location is in fact one of our major strength.
We equally have a team of highly qualified professionals who will work with all our clients to achieve their aims or enrolling in our dance studio, and lastly our membership package is one of the best that anybody living in Texas can get; it is cheap and affordable.
Another unique selling point that will give us an edge over our competitors is that our facility is equipped with modern technology. We have got state of the art sound system and large TV screens close to our dance floor, so as to help our clients stay entertained while they engage in their exercise.
We will work towards ensuring that we provide our clients/members with a daily training that perfectly suit their lifestyle and also help them achieve their desired results.
6. Strategic Marketing Alliance with Our Competitors
Forming strategic marketing alliance with a competitor in most business does not always come easy because people are in because to make money. Making money for an ideal business person involves executing as much job as possible or selling as much products as possible or registering as much members as possible.
In essence, the only reason why a company will want to enter strategic marketing alliance with its competitors is when they lack the machines and manpower to execute a job but have the connections required to secure business deals.
When it comes to forming strategic marketing alliance with a competitor in the dance studio and fitness industry, it will obviously be as a result of in adequate financial capacity to equip the dance studio or the lack of some services demanded by clients. So also forming strategic marketing alliance in dance studio industry could be between a dance studio with manufacturers of dance studio flooring and equipment.
For example, if a dance studio goes into strategic marketing partnership with a manufacturer of flooring and equipment, the studio can get some of the equipment for free or at a highly discounted price and then help the manufacturer promote and of course attract buyers.
7. Creating a Brand identity for Our Dance Studio
In recent times more than ever before, businesses/organizations spend more to create the brand identity that they want to be known for in the market place. The truth is that, any business that wants to grow beyond the corner of the street must be ready to utilize every available means to advertise and promote the business.
We intend growing our dance studio business beyond Irving, Texas to other key cities in the United States of America which is why we have perfected plans to build our brand via every available means. Below are the platforms we intend to leverage on to promote and advertise our dance studio;
- Encourage our loyal customers to help us use Word of Mouth mode of advertisement (referrals)
- Advertise our dance studio in relevant magazines (sports and health related magazine), local newspaper, local TV and local radio stations
- List our dance studio on local directories (yellow pages ads)
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, twitter, et al to promote our dance studio
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations around Irving, Texas
- Direct coupon mailing approach
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas in Irving, Texas and other neighboring cities
- Maximize our company’s website to promote our business
8. Possible Questions We Intend Asking Our Customers During Our Market Survey
These are the 10 possible questions we are going to put forward when conducting marketing survey on our customers/clients:
- Are you satisfied with our dance studio facility and dance training program?
- If you are not satisfied with our dance studio and dance program, in what areas would you want us to improve going forward?
- What part of Irving do you reside, and can you conveniently locate our dance studio?
- Have you ever registered in any dance studio before now?
- Would you like to register in our dance studio?
- How would you want us to communicate to you when we want to pass useful information that will be of benefit to you or someone you know? Through letters, text messages, e – mail, or via mobile apps (BBM, twitter, 2Go, WeChat, WhatsApp et al)
- What is the highest amount you are willing to pay as membership fee for a dance studio?
- What is the lowest amount you are willing to pay as membership fee for a dance studio?
- Can you comfortably recommend our dance studio to your family members, friends and colleagues who are looking towards registering in a dance studio?
- Are you satisfied with our customer service delivery? If no, what areas would you want us to improve on?
9. Our Retention Strategies (Ways to Improve Our Customer Experience)
No doubt, if a company is able to achieve over 60 percent retention, the company will sure experience huge turnover and such company can comfortably be classified as a thriving company. We have perfected plans on how to improve our customer experience from time to time and to continue to improve on our customer’s retention.
These are the methods we intend utilizing when it comes to improving our customer experience so that we can create a good impression and generate repeated business from them:
- Ensure that we only hire qualified and highly trained dance instructors
- Ensure that our membership fee is highly competitive and we will create different packages for different class of clients
- Ensure we get feedbacks from our customers at all times
- We will create a system where points will be awarded to loyal customers – a point-based system for redeemable rewards.
- Make use of effective customer relationship management (CRM) software to effectively manage our clientele base.
- Ensures that we carry our customers along when making decisions that directly affect them.
10. Ways We Intend to Advertise/Promote Our Dance Studio without Using the Internet
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on when it comes to advertising and promoting our dance studio without making use of the internet;
- Place adverts on both print (local newspapers and sports and health related magazines) and electronic (radio and TV) media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community based programs such as school sports et al
- List our dance studio on local directories (yellow pages ads)
- Place our bill boards / sign post in strategic locations in Irving, Texas and neighboring cities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in targeted areas / estates from time to time
- Direct coupon mailing approach to introduce our dance studio to residence and organizations in Irving , Texas
- Engage in roadshow in neighborhood in Irving from time to time to create awareness of our dance studio.
These are the Ways We Intend to Advertise/Promote Our Dance Studio on the Internet
It has been proven over and over again that the internet is the cheapest and most potent tool when it comes to promoting any business or cause. Which is why you can hardly find any company or organization that is serious about doing business not having an active internet presence. We are serious about advertising and promoting our dance studio which is why we have decided to leverage on the internet to achieve our marketing goals and objectives.
Here are they ways we intending leveraging on the internet to advertise/promote our dance studio:
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Flickr, WordPress, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Google+, and Snapchat to promote our brand
- Design an interactive corporate website and we will make use the platform to promote our dance studio
- Place adverts on high traffic websites especially sports and health related websites
- Engage in blogging (health and fitness related topics) and make use of the platform to promote our dance studio
- Leverage on email marketing strategy to advertise and promote our dance studio
The Possible Ways We Intend Offering Incentives to Our Customers/Clients (Bonus, Discounts, etc)
It has been proven that any business that aims towards building a good relationship with its customers must be willing to give out mouth – watering incentives from time to time not only during special occasions. As a matter of fact, any company to gives out incentives on a regular basis will not only retain their customers, but they will also continue to attract new customers.
So we will go all out to reward our loyal members with incentives on a regular basis. Part of the incentives that we intend dishing out to our highly esteemed members is discount on membership fee whenever they renew their membership with us or when they bring in new members.
We will also create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our loyal members who refer our dance studio to their family members, friends and colleagues. Part of what we intend doing to reward our members is to give them discounts anytime they patronize our services. We will also ensure that we give our members gifts during special occasions like Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving, Independence Celebrations and Easter.
After Sales Service and Customer Support Services
The fact that we are going to be selling dance apparels and equipment means that we will make provision for after sale services. After sales services as it relates to our dance studio business is that once we sell any dance studio and fitness equipment, we will assist our customers in installing the equipment in any location of their choice and also we will be available for maintenance and repair of the equipment.
As regard customer support services, we are not going to handle it with slackness, we will maximize our customer relationship management software applications so as to keep in touch with our members. We will make sure we carry them along when we have any promo that we know will benefit them.
The Creative Marketing Ideas Specific to Our Dance Studio Business
We are quite aware that one of the reasons why some parents would not want to enroll in a dance studio is the fact that they may not have who to take care of their children while they are away in the dance studio. Part of our strategies of encouraging families to enroll in our dance studio is to ensure that whenever they come with their children, their children will be well treated and entertained.
Just like in other business ventures, the owner of our dance studio is always looking for ways to increase our market share; they go as far as signing deals with high schools and also offer home services.
What they do is that they offer pro bono services for a period of time, and then they will introduce fee gradually and before too long they would have successfully converted some of the people that benefited from their pro bono services to loyal members.
It is a common trend that as a dance studio grow, it becomes necessary for them to develop new service offerings or install new facilities that will help them attract more people. Little wonder some dance studios now have juice bars within their facility to encourage people towards healthy drinking. In order words, it is very important for dance studios to continue to improvise if they want to grow their business and generate their target revenues.
- 14 Best Coworking Spaces in NYC for Hardware Devices in 2022 - January 10, 2022
- 13 Best Coworking Spaces in Bellevue in 2022 [Features & Price] - December 10, 2021
- Do You Need a License to Pressure Wash in Florida? - November 19, 2021