Are you searching for small business opportunities in Oklahoma, United States? Are you considering starting a business in Oklahoma but you simply lack ideas on what business to start? If YES, then I advice you read on as this article will help solve this problem.
Oklahoma is ranked as the 28th most populous state in the United States and is a very popular for a range of products like oil and gas, agricultural products, energy, biotechnology, aviation and telecommunications. Oklahoma is no doubt, a rich state with one the highest per-capita income in the United States.
The benefit of this is that whatever business you decide to do in Oklahoma; you can always be assured of an impressive patronage. Every business thrives on patronage because the higher the numbers of people who are able to get to patronize you, the more income and profit you stand to make.
I personally love agri-business and Oklahoma has favorable lands and governmental support for agri-business and that is why the first business I would recommend that you do in Oklahoma is agricultural business. There are lots of sub-categories under agri-business; all of them profitable and viable.
You can decide to go into farming of food crops which could be sold to people who deal in selling raw food items. You could also start a processing business alongside your farming business; converting raw food items into other processed items
For instance, you could start a wheat flour processing business which involves conversion of raw wheat into flour. There are so many other opportunities like poultry farming, meat processing and packaging and food export. All of these are good businesses which could be explored in Oklahoma. Other small business opportunities in Oklahoma include-:
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Oklahoma
1. Recycling Pick-up-: Waste management business is generating a lot of money these days. Every home and commercial centre generates wastes everyday which needs to be disposed of safely. But that is not even the interesting part.
The interesting part is that people dispose of a lot of useful items. To them, these items are no longer useful but what they do not know is that these items generate a lot of money for waste management and recycling companies.
Items like old batteries, damaged electronics and old furniture are assembled by waste management companies and shipped off to manufacturing companies where they would be put into better use. You could start one of such businesses; collecting recyclable items and selling them to waste management companies or you could even start your own waste management company.
2. Software Trainer-: A lot of software that aid businesses are in the market today and many more are introduced regularly. Software may come with manuals but nothing compares to practical demonstration and training. Companies and individuals regularly require the services of software trainers who help to provide practical training, support and management for their software.
3. Healthcare Consultant-: Another good business opportunity, this time in the healthcare industry is to become a healthcare consultants. Healthcare consultants are primarily interested ensuring that their clients receive better value for money, reduced costs for healthcare services and effective treatments.
4. Food truck-: In any place in the world, in any continent on planet earth, food business is always good business. People only complain of losses and poor revenue in food business when they cook tasteless meals and lack effective business strategies. One very good strategy is to start a food truck business which would make it easier for people to get access to cooked, tasty meals without necessarily having to make trips to brick and mortar restaurants.
5. Freelancing -: You could also consider becoming a freelancer. There are many business opportunities in the freelancing world. If you have a flair for writing, you can become a freelance writer, you could become a freelance photographer, web designer, business consultant, data entry operator amongst others. You could also use the internet to your advantage; there are hundreds of employers on the internet looking for freelancers to work with them.
6. Mobile business consultancy-: In one of my previous articles, I talked about the importance of adopting mobile business strategies. This is one aspect of business that a lot of people are embracing; business owners are looking for ways to take their business mobile sand you on the other hand can make a lot of money from showing them effective ways to do it.
7. Translation services-: English language is not the only language in the world. In fact, there are a lot of people who cannot speak, read or understand English language. However, English is one of the most popular languages in the world and a lot of documents are usually written in English. Translation experts are then called upon to help convert these documents to other languages to make it easy for people who speak and read in other languages.
8. Employee monitoring services-: Companies looking for ways to reduce costs of doing business usually employ remote workers and freelancers to carry out certain tasks. It is cheaper for them because they wouldn’t have to incur employee-related costs like insurance, pension and retirement benefits.
But in order to achieve efficiency, these workers have to be monitored. This is where employee-monitoring services providers are needed to help monitor the activities of remote workers and ensure that they perform scheduled tasks efficiently.
9. Mobile salon-: Another good business you could consider in Oklahoma is starting a mobile salon. For increased patronage, you could make it a unisex salon where men can get brilliant haircuts and women can make beautiful, trendy hairstyles. You could also offer other services like manicure and pedicure, massage and other beauty-related services.
10. Construction Company-: You could also start a construction company. A lot of individual and commercial construction projects are carried out in construction companies regularly. You can help to carry out some of such projects.
However, setting up a construction company in Oklahoma is no small financial undertaking. You could go for cheaper businesses in the construction industry like selling building materials, offering construction clean-up services, construction haulage and a host of other services in the construction industry. You could also opt for starting a contractor referral service.
These are all good businesses but always bear in mind that to make money from any of these businesses you need to develop the right marketing strategies.
Latest posts by Ajaero Tony Martins (see all)
- Designing an RV Park – 6 Critical Factors You Must Consider - January 16, 2020
- 8 Strong Reasons You Should Become an Entrepreneur - January 9, 2020
- How to Find a Business Partner or Investor With Money - January 9, 2020