Do you have a truck sitting around somewhere in your home with no idea of what to do with it? Or are you looking for a lucrative business idea to make you some extra dollars this year? Why not buy a truck and use it to set up any of these 50 lucrative businesses we have carefully researched for you below:
50 Best Truck Related Small Business ideas for 2020
1. Moving Service: You can never go wrong with starting a moving service. From business owners looking to move merchandise from place to place, and home owners moving from one home to another, you would never fall short of people to patronize your moving business.
2. Pest Control Business: A truck is one of the most important equipment for starting a pest control business because you would need it to move your tools, equipment and employees from one client’s home to another. If you already have a truck, then you already have the major equipment for starting a pest control business.
3. Mobile Food Truck: Mobile food trucks are trending and very profitable at the moment. You can either convert your truck into a mini walk-in restaurant or you could sell packed meals from your truck. You can target employees who need lunch meals or busy areas where you can always get people to buy food from you.
4. Mobile Vending Machine: Another thing you can do with your truck is to start a vending machine service. You can use the truck to take your vending machine to events, recreational parks, exhibitions, museums, schools and anywhere there is a busy crowd. This would make you more money than stationing your vending machine in a permanent place.
5. Courier Service: You could also make a lot of money from helping people transport letters, parcels, packages and purchased items from one place to another. This is a very lucrative business if you are able to get a lot of clients to patronize your courier service.
6. Truck Driving School: Many people who understand that there is a lot of money to be made in the trucking industry wish to learn how to drive trucks. It is a very good business idea to start a truck driving school and help people get their driving licenses and permits for driving trucks.
7. Haulage/Trucking Service: This is one of the most popular businesses in the US and it is a multi-million dollar industry. You can start your own business that helps people transport business merchandise from state to state and sometimes, across borders.
8. Mobile Photo Studio: Purchase some photography equipment, convert your truck into an eye-popping photo studio and start moving from one event to the other especially events for little children, teenagers and college students. A lot of people would love to keep the memories of past events with them especially when there is a very beautiful studio to take the photos in.
9. Truck Rentals: If you don’t really have the time to do business with your own truck, you can still make money from it by renting it out to other people for reasonable fees.
10. Personal Trainer: A lot of people do not really have the time to go to the gym for fitness workouts. If you have a truck, you can easily transport workout equipment to the homes of clients who prefer personal training from the comfort of their homes.
11. Specialty Transportation: You can start a business that involves transporting specialty items like human blood or human parts for health organizations and other delicate items that cannot be transported through regular transportation services.
12. Mobile Auto Detailing: A lot of vehicle owners need regular thorough cleaning, finishing and restoration of their vehicles. You are able to make a lot of money if you can find a way to get this service to them rather than have them go through the stress of driving down to your workshop.
13. Ambulance Service: Another lucrative business that you can do with your truck is to convert it into an ambulance service for transporting sick, injured or deceased people.
14. Mobile Private Tutor: With a very good truck, you can easily move from home to home offering private teaching services to students. You can even teach other non-academic subjects like computer training, baking and cookery, and just about anything that people would be interested in learning about.
15. Livestock/Farm Produce Transportation: Farmers often need transportation services for their produce especially on days when they need to transport them to the market for sale. This is another lucrative niche that you can choose from.
16. Party Transportation: You can offer services to party vendors who need to transport food, decoration supplies and other party supplies from one place to another.
17. Recreational Vehicle [RV] Rentals Services: Another lucrative business idea for truck owners is to convert your truck into a recreational vehicle. A lot of people rent these vehicles for camping trips and weekend getaways.
18. Furniture Pick-up Service: You could also offer transportation services to interior designers, furniture makers, upholstery services and individuals who need to transport furniture from place to place.
19. Mobile Homes: A lot of major cities in the country have housing challenges with many people unable to find suitable places to live. Mobile homes are one of the innovative ideas that people have come up with as a way to solve housing challenges. You can consider building such homes and selling it or renting out to interested people.
20. Mobile Gaming Center: You can set up a mobile gaming center within your truck so that you can drive it to busy places or to events where a lot of people can patronize you.
21. Mobile Grocery Store/Market: Mobile grocery stores are also very lucrative. These days, people are too busy or lazy to visit grocery stores every time they need to buy stuffs. A mobile Grocery Store that allows them to get things they need is always a relief to people especially when the goods are reasonably priced.
22. Trash Removal and Disposal Services: With a very good truck, you can set up your own trash removal and disposal service and make money from it.
23. Mobile Boutique: Convert your truck into a big and nice walk-in boutique with attractive and reasonably priced merchandise and you would earn a lot of money from it.
24. Haulage Services Affiliate: The haulage and trucking industry is a very competitive one. If you are just joining the industry, you might not have access to enough clients of your own but you can beat this challenge by becoming a haulage services affiliate where you place your truck in the hands of other haulage companies with a lot of clientele and then get commission from them.
25. Ice Cream Shops: Ice cream trucks have been popular for decades. It is not too late to start one of such businesses for yourself and make a lot of money from selling ice cream to little children and even adults too at recreational parks, homes and at events.
26. Towing Services: If you have ever had your vehicle break down on the highway, you would understand just how inconvenient this can be and how you wouldn’t mind paying a lot of money to get your vehicle off the highway. You can set up a business that caters to people with this dire and urgent need.
27. Champagne Bars: You can set up a mobile champagne bar for people who would love to have a glass of champagne without the stress of going to a bar. You can target areas where there are not so many bars or where a lot of people hold events. These are places where you would be able to sell champagnes easily.
28. Snow Plowing Service: With a good truck and the necessary tools and equipment, you can set up a snow plowing service. This is a very high-demand service during winter seasons but you might have to find something else to do with your truck when it’s not snowing.
29. Mobile Pet Grooming Salon: Mobile pet grooming salons are also very popular as many pet owners don’t find it convenient to transport their pets to grooming salons. You would make a lot of money from providing the opportunity for pet owners to have their pets groomed without having to leave their homes.
30. Building Materials/Contractors Delivery Service: Another lucrative business idea is to start a business that helps building material sellers and home building contractors to transport their merchandise from store to site.
31. Mobile Dry-cleaning: A lot of people are switching to patronizing mobile dry-cleaning services as it is more convenient than driving to a dry-cleaning center to drop-off or pick-up their clothes. Mobile dry-cleaning is also fast and saves time as customers are able to get their clothes on-the-spot.
32. Moving Billboard: You might have seen some trucks moving around with large billboards mounted on them or trucks with large screens on the body moving around. These people get paid to offer mobile billboard services to business owners and other people who would like to promote events, services and people.
33. Smoothie Bar: Another lucrative business you can do with your truck is to set up a smoothie bar. You can target places where people run, workout, or other busy areas.
34. Landscaping Services: With a truck, you can easily transport landscaping equipment and make good money from helping people tend to their flowers and gardens and beautify their homes.
35. Mobile Beauty/Barbing Salons: This is a service that almost everyone needs. You can significantly increase your clientele by making your beauty and personal grooming business mobile.
36. Mobile Bakeries: Fresh hot bread is a must-have delicacy for so many people. You can set up a mobile bakery that caters to this need. However, you must ensure that you obtain the necessary permits before setting up such businesses because the government is usually very strict when it comes to food-related businesses.
37. Restaurant/Pizza Delivery: A lot of restaurants need to be able to deliver food to their clients who may prefer to order from their homes, offices or other convenient locations for them. It’s a very great idea to set up a business that offers delivery services to multiple restaurants and pizzerias.
38. Farmers Market Trucks: You can set up a mini farmers market within your truck and sell fresh farm produce to people.
39. Mobile Mechanic: Nothing beats having a mobile mechanic come to your rescue when your vehicle suddenly breaks down. With a truck in your hands, you can easily transport yourself and all the gadgets you need to rescue your clients from an annoying vehicle breakdown.
40. Mobile Coffee Shop: Millions of people drink coffee on a daily basis. You can make a lot of money from catering to the needs of this very large market.
41. Mobile Clinic: If you have the necessary license and qualification, you can set up a mobile clinic to cater to health emergencies. You can even set up a skincare clinic, physical therapy clinic, chiropractic clinic or any other specific niche with a lot of demand.
42. Mobile Bookshop: A mobile bookshop is also a great idea. You can have people borrow books from you and because you have a truck to drive around, it is easier to give out and collect books. You could also set up a cozy reading space within your truck for people who would like a reading space. This type of business would sell very well in student areas, parks and during school holidays.
43. Tattoo Artist: You can also offer tattoo drawing services with your truck. You can easily drive down to the homes of your clients rather than have them drive down to your tattoo shop.
44. Mobile Pop-up Cinemas: Another interesting and lucrative business idea that you can do with your truck is to set up a mobile cinema where people can easily see the latest movies without having to visit a regular cinema.
45. Mobile Brewery: Homemade beers are becoming very popular and in high demand. If you know how to make delicious brews, you can set up your own mobile brewery and sell to beer lovers.
46. Juice Bars: The number of people joining the fit family or fitfam as they are often called is on the increase. A lot of people would rather drink fresh fruit juice than have soda and other fizzy drinks with harmful ingredients. You can make a lot of money catering to the needs of these people.
47. Ecommerce Delivery Services: The number of online stores are also increasing on a daily basis. You can set up a service that helps to pick-up and deliver merchandise on behalf of people who sell stuffs online.
48. Pop-up Retailers: You can use your truck as a pop-up truck and sell different retail items from place to place.
49. Mobile Gadget Repair Services: A person whose refrigerator or washing machine suddenly breaks down would be very excited to have someone drive down to their home to fix it for them as this eliminates the stress of transporting broken down gadgets for repairs.
50. Mobile Massage Services: Who doesn’t like a massage every now and then? You can make more sales from your massage business by taking your services to your customers rather than having them come to you.