Are you an introvert looking to start a business part time to earn extra income? If YES, here are 50 great small business ideas for introverts. Most people believe an entrepreneur to be one who enjoys associating with others, enjoys making new acquaintance and talks a lot. These are some of the traits that people associate with successful entrepreneurs.
No one imagines an entrepreneur to be someone who gets uncomfortable when around people for too long, someone who hates noise, dislikes large gatherings or a quiet person. This doesn’t mean that there are no businesses for introverts who wish to start one. It is important you find the business that suits your personality best.
Taking advantage of online platforms is a good way for introverts to engage in business. This Online business may include selling items, creating tutorials and eBooks, etc. This method of transacting business reduces the need for physical interaction, grants the power to control one’s income and also provides maximum freedom.
The ability to decide on how you want the world to see you is another advantage of an internet based business idea. If you do not wish to engage in online businesses, there are lots of different ideas you can also select from.
50 Best Small Business ideas & Opportunities for Introverts
1. Web Developer – Developing a website is a skill that mainly requires you to focus on your computer screen most of the time. It is a very good business for an introvert since it provides a good way to think and also solve some problems.
2. Start an SEO Business – With lots of areas to choose from where you use simple reasoning, SEO is regarded as a very broad topic. This is another business that you can perform mainly online along with any transaction. You can learn things from statistics, emotion, psychology, arts, and so on. You can also carry out this business from your home.
3. Blogging – becoming a blogger is a good way to make money while avoiding any physical interaction. It gives you the opportunity to remain anonymous while running your business. Through blogging, you can express yourself, offer information and also tutorials which people can pay for.
4. Pet Care Taker – if you live in a neighbourhood with a lot of people who own pets, you can offer to take care of their pets. You just need to feed and play with them while their owners are out for the day. It is ideal for introverts because you do not have to interact with that much people.
5. Craft Related Business – items such as bracelets, bags, home decors and baked items are included in crafts. Such items can be sold to people for great profits. There are lots of people who will take interest in these crafts and you can also provide instructions for DIY crafts remotely from the comfort of your home.
6. Translator – To be an effective translator, you should be proficient in 2 or more languages. With this knowledge, you can choose to teach others these languages by making a book on the languages. After writing, you can give the book to other people to take care of the marketing aspect. These books can be of great importance to tourists.
Developing apps can be a great business to start for introverts. This is because they keep gaining wider applications in different areas. You can decide to create an app that offers services and sell it to someone else. The beauty of this is that you don’t need to interact much with people if you are an introvert.
- Graphic Designer-: If you are skilled in making logos, illustrations or typesetting, you can turn to graphic designing which can be done right from your home. All you require are skills and a functional laptop with internet connection.
House cleaning services is quite easy and doesn’t require any special technical skill. You can approach your neighbours and get them to hire you in cleaning their houses. Most people would get you to clean their homes when they are not in, if you are an introvert, this is a good idea for you.
- Etsy Seller-: Using sites such as Etsy, you can sell crafted items online. This is very comfortable since you can simply make the items in your home and then sell them online without having to interact with other individuals.
- Online Course Creator-: Creating online courses is a good way of sharing knowledge and teaching others. It allows them to follow the course in a method suited to their style. You can sell these courses for people to make use of them.
- Pet Photographer-: Making portraits of an individual’s pet and selling it to that person is another good business idea. For someone who loves photography but wants to avoid large gatherings, you can provide a pet photography service.
- IT Consultant-: As an IT consultant, you will be using your knowledge of technology to help businesses in solving technical problems and also guide them in achieving their business goals using information technology.
A social media consultant is one who is responsible for handling social media accounts for other people. This business can be done from home. Although it will require you to communicate with a lot of individuals, but you do this anonymously over the internet.
- Software Developer-: Developing software and selling it can be a great money maker. If you have the skill, you can choose to become a freelancer and build a business around it.
- Pattern Maker-:If you enjoy making pattern designs, you can opt to make patterns to sell to others. Patterns are very important to people engaged in knitting or sewing and they are willing to pay for good designs.
- Online Editor-: If you enjoy editing articles with excellent skills in communication, you can become an online editor. This gives you the opportunity to work from home and reduces the number of physical interactions you need to endure.
- eBook Author-: Sites like Amazon offer a self-publish service. With a good writing skill, knowledge and experience, you can choose to start writing books of your own to sell.
19.Woodworker-: A woodworker is someone who makes things from wood. If you are skilled in crafting wood items, you can choose to sell these items to people.
- Gardener-: For someone who enjoys keeping plants with an experience in gardening, you can offer to grow and maintain plants for homeowners. You can also offer your services to businesses for a fee.
- Snow Removal
Making use of a snowplough or a shovel, you can remove snow on the driveways and sidewalks of your neighbours for a fee. This is a great business for the winter season. And you can do it without having to interact with too much people.
- Errand Service-: Offering to perform some basic tasks for people can be a good way to make some money. You can help with going shopping for groceries, dry cleaning or pet walking.
Businesses and organizations usually hire people to record their financial transactions. If you are good with numbers and calculations, you can provide services as a bookkeeper. You can also decide to perform these tasks from your desired location.
- Clothing Alterations-: A lot of people need someone to help adjust their clothes and make some alterations to them. If you are skilled in using a needle and thread or a sewing machine, you can offer to perform these modifications from your home.
- Virtual Assistant-: As a virtual assistant, you help perform some tasks which can include answering phone calls and replying emails. This is similar to working as a personal assistant with the only difference being that you perform your duties from home.
- T-Shirt Designer-: For a very creative person with a lot of design ideas, you can start making T-shirts with your very own designs. Through services such as Society6 and CafePress, you can sell these items online.
- Home Contractor-: As a contractor, you must be able to bring together lots of people with different skills to work as one unit. There may be some jobs you can alone also. You can get jobs then recruit members to form a temporary team.
A lot of people miss out on great employment opportunities due to a weak resume. If you are an excellent wordsmith, you can provide resume writing services for people in search of jobs. This is ideal for introverts because it can equally be done from home.
- Watchmaker-: For someone who enjoys working alone, watchmaking can be a great business. It requires a lot of concentration to observe the important details.
- Lawn Care-: A simple business to start is one where you offer lawn care services. The services include mowing lawns, maintaining grasses and applying fertilizers. You go to the clients’ home, provide the services and get paid.
- Christmas Tree Farm-: If you are in no rush and have a piece of land, you can choose to start a farm. Your primary product will be Christmas trees, and you will sell them mainly in the month of December.
- Bicycle Mechanic-: An easy business to engage in is a bicycle repair service. You can ask people to drop their bicycles and come pick it at a given time. This is quite easy with the right skills and knowledge of bicycles.
- Auto Technician-: For someone who enjoys working with automobiles, a great business idea is to open an auto repair workshop. Working with a team or on your own, you can provide repair and maintenance services.
- Pool Cleaner-: Pools are very popular in areas with a warm climate. They also tend to get dirty and need to be cleaned. This cleaning job can be done by one person and the profit is great.
- House Sitting-: A lot of people tend to travel for holidays or business trips. You can help these people look after their home during these times. Sometimes you may also choose to watch over pets.
- Car Wash Service-: If you are not too skilled in the technical aspects of an automobile, you can decide to offer detailing and washing services for cars. This provides an opportunity to decide if you wish to work with a few people or on your own.
- Recycling Service-: A recycling service involves transporting used items such as plastics and electronics to recycling centres. Lots of people have items that can be recycled in their homes. You can start picking up such things from different houses.
- Window Washing-: A lot of people find it quite tasking to clean windows. As a result they are usually willing to pay someone to do this job. Businesses are also willing to hire someone to assist in cleaning windows.
- Photo Restoration-: Some people have loads of old photographs which they want to restore to a better, usable state. With the right skill and knowledge, you can build a business around people who need to restore photographs.
- Florist-: For someone who enjoys creating new designs by arranging different flowers, opening a florist business is a very good idea. You will be required to create arrangements for events’ venues and for clients’ personal use.
- Laundry Service-: Performing laundry requires time which a lot of people don’t have. Start a business where you can offer to do the laundry of such people in your neighbourhood.
- Massage Therapist-: As a trained masseur/masseuse, you can start you own massage parlour. You can choose to work with others or on your own in a calm surrounding where you are able to offer massage therapy services.
- Illustrator-: As an illustrator, you can offer services to authors, businesses and also individuals. With the right skills in art, you can develop your business while deciding if you wish to work from home or open a studio.
- Baker-: If you are skilled in baking, you can start selling baked items. You can build a client base from events and party planners.
- Affiliate Marketer-: Becoming an affiliate marketer provides a source of additional profit for website operators and bloggers. With a unique link given to you, you will make a commission on sales made through your link.
- E-commerce Reseller-: Choosing to become a reseller means you search e-commerce sites for great deals and buy items at a lower price. You can then resell these items at a higher price to make profit.
- House Painter-: Homeowners usually like to repaint their homes quite often. This is usually a big project and can be very lucrative. If you like to paint, you can provide house painting services.
A phone repair service is a great investment for someone who enjoys working with gadgets. With a lot of people making use of mobile devices, there are bound to be lots of people who may end up with a cracked screen or a damaged device. This means that someone will be required to help fix or repair these damaged devices.
- Proof-reader-: Bloggers and other businesses involved in writing make use of proof-readers to go through articles and materials they have written for errors. With a solid writing background, you can offer such services.
- Welder-: As a skilled welder, you can choose to work on small welding projects or you can work with builders who will give you welding jobs.
- 5 Tools and Equipment You Need to Become a Locksmith - October 29, 2020
- How Much It Cost to Dispose Hazardous Waste Per Ton - October 29, 2020
- How to Be an Effective Manager – 37 Tips to Help You - October 29, 2020