Do you want to start a cleaning business but lack ideas on what aspect to focus on? If YES, here are 50 lucrative cleaning business ideas for beginners in 2019.
It is a busy world out there and 24 hours no longer seems to be enough for most people to handle all the important tasks that they need to take care of on a daily basis. Without the help of professional cleaning services to outsource cleaning tasks to, there is no doubt that we would all be living in a very filthy world.
The cleaning industry is a very lucrative one and it is not too late to join the industry and rake in some cash for yourself. Below, you would find at least 50 lucrative cleaning business ideas that you can invest in.
50 Best Cleaning Related Business ideas for Beginners in 2019
1. Airport Cleaning: The airport is a very busy place and the cleaning services are often outsourced to professional cleaning services. You can set up a business that specifically offers airport cleaning services.
2. Window Cleaning: Imagine living on the 20th floor of a high-rise building with very dirty windows. People who live in such homes and even those who live in regular ground-level homes usually need to pay professional window cleaners to clean out their windows from time to time.
3. Specialized Equipment Cleaning: You can start a business that cleans heavy duty equipment for manufacturing companies, engineering companies, and other businesses that use heavy duty equipment.
4. Disaster Cleaning and Restoration: Disasters often leave dirt, debris and lots of residue behind. For instance, a home that has recently been affected by a fire accident might be covered in soot and be filled with a lot of dirt. You can make money from setting up a cleaning business that helps to clean and restore sites affected by disaster.
5. Closet Cleaning: Many people with large closets don’t mind paying people to clean out their closets and organize it for them. This is a very good business you can do if you live in a busy city or in a highbrow area.
6. Blind Cleaning: There are a lot of trendy and expensive window blinds that need to be professionally cleaned and maintained. You can make a lot of money from cleaning residential and commercial window blinds.
7. Manufacturing/Selling Organic or Green Cleaning Products: There are a whole lot of people out there who are embracing the green lifestyle so as to protect the planet and environment from toxins and damage. You can set up a niche cleaning product manufacturing business that caters to the needs of this category of people.
8. Pressure Washing: You can buy a pressure washer and make money from helping people power-wash their driveways, tiles, patio, furniture and other places and equipment that need power-washing.
9. Selling Cleaning Equipment: If you have enough capital, you can start selling cleaning equipment like pressure washers, vacuum cleaners and other cleaning equipment and gadgets.
10. Restroom Cleaning: Shopping malls, event centers and other public places with heavy foot traffic often need professional standby restroom cleaning services for their buildings so as to ensure that their restrooms are always kept clean.
11. Computer/Laptop Cleaning: Dust and dirt can accumulate on laptops and if they are not regularly and professionally cleaned out, they can affect the proper functioning of the computers.
With a specially designed vacuum cleaner and the technical know-how, you can start your own computer cleaning business.
12. Chimney Cleaning: A lot of people love to have their chimneys cleaned regularly. You can earn good money from offering this service for a fee.
13. Publish Cleaning Hacks Books: There are a lot of tips and techniques that make cleaning easier that many people do not know about. You can make good money by packaging this information into a book and selling it to people.
14. Ceiling and Wall Cleaning: Another cleaning business niche you can choose is cleaning of ceilings and walls. A lot of people who are unable to repaint or replace their walls and ceilings would happily pay to have them cleaned for a fraction of the cost.
15. Cleaning Hacks Blogs: You can start a blog that teaches people how to clean their homes fast and effectively and prevent too much dirt.
16. Post Trauma or Death Cleaning: The death of a loved one is a very difficult thing to cope with. You can set up a business that takes the stress of cleaning up the home, living space or deathbed of a loved one off them.
17. Cleaning Products Manufacturing: Manufacturing of cleaning products is also a very lucrative business. There is hardly anyone living on earth that doesn’t use cleaning products. You can make a lot of money from producing and selling your own brand of cleaning products such as detergents, floor cleaners, cleaning sprays, toilet cleaners and so on.
18. Dry-cleaning Business: Dry-cleaning is an age-long business but it hasn’t lost its value just yet. Even with the presence of high-tech washing machines in the homes of many people, they still prefer to pay a drycleaner to wash, iron and remove stains from their clothes.
19. Trashcan Cleaning: Dirty and unclean trash cans can serve as good breeding grounds for mildew, germs and mold. A lot of people find it difficult to clean their own trashcans themselves. You can set up a business that caters to the needs of these set of people.
20. Building Project Cleaning: A freshly built building can be a very unattractive site until it is properly cleaned up. Construction waste can leave the whole place looking messy and unattractive, which is why real estate professionals often hire professionals to handle cleaning tasks for them.
21. Steam Cleaning: If you can afford steam cleaning equipment, you can offer steam cleaning services to homeowners and commercial establishments.
22. Aircraft Cleaning: Airlines sometimes need to run multiple flights within a short time using the same aircraft. Because of this, the need for quick and professional aircraft cleaning services is very essential for them.
23. Parking Lot Cleaning: Commercial establishments spare no costs to prevent accidents from happening within their premises. One of the ways that they do this is to ensure that their parking lots are well cleaned.
24. Vessel Cleaning: Another lucrative business you can consider doing in the cleaning industry is cleaning of shipping vessels or cruise ships.
25. Mattress Cleaning: An unclean mattress may promote the spread of germs and diseases. You can offer this service to private clients, schools, hotels and other establishments who have very large stock of mattresses.
26. Residential Cleaning: Residential cleaning is very popular and lucrative. If you can find innovative ideas to beat the highly competitive market, then there is no limit to how much you can make from this business.
27. Cemetery Headstone Cleaning: Tombstones may become dirty, cracked or damaged after sometime. You can start a business that focuses on cleaning out and repairing cemetery headstones. A lot of people would happily pay for regular maintenance of the headstones of their loved ones.
28. Commercial Cleaning: You can clean offices and commercial establishments for good profit. This is also a very competitive market so you would need all the marketing techniques and tricks you can come up with so as to break into the market.
29. Green Cleaning: There are many people who would patronize your cleaning business if you tell them that you use environment-friendly products and procedures only, hence you can make a lot of money from starting a green cleaning company.
30. Road Cleaning: Another lucrative idea is to start a business that focuses on cleaning roads, roadsides and walkways. Without this essential service, our roads would be left looking very dirty.
31. Graffiti Cleaning: Graffiti may be attractive but they deface and lower the value of properties. Many real estate professionals regularly hire the services of graffiti cleaning experts to get rid of them professionally.
32. School Janitorial Services: You can offer cleaning services to schools and educational establishments.
33. Dryer Vent Cleaning: If dryer vents are not properly cleaned out, it could lead to sparks and fire outbreaks. Many home owners understand this and often pay professionals to clean out their dryer vents.
35. Foreclosure Home Cleaning: Due to the state of the economy, the number of foreclosed homes are growing and you can make a lot of money from this industry by cleaning out the homes so that they can be prepped and ready for sale to the next client.
36. Waste Disposal: Waste disposal is a very popular and highly lucrative business. Almost every home needs a professional refuse disposal service to get rid of their wastes.
37. Air duct Cleaning: You can help people get rid of dirt and dust that may settle in between their air ducts and furnace. When left unclean, these may cause germs and allergens to spread and affect the inhabitants of the room.
38. Oven Cleaning: Oven cleaning is a service that is regularly needed by restaurants, bakeries and hotels. You can make good money from helping to clean out industrial-sized ovens and baking equipment.
39. Hospital/Medical Center Cleaning: Another lucrative business idea is to start a business that cleans out hospitals and medical centers, and get rid of medical wastes.
40. Pet Home Cleaning: You would be surprised at the number of people who find it hard or irritating to clean out their pet’s homes regularly. A dirty cage or house can be very harmful to animal health and you can make money from taking the cleaning stress off people.
41. Farm/Garden Cleaning: You can either help people weed out and rid their gardens of fallen leaves and twigs, or you can start a farm cleaning service to cater to people in the agricultural industry.
42. Carpet Cleaning: Dirty and dusty carpets are another harmful disease-spreading menace that a lot of people have to deal with in their homes. You can make a reasonable amount of money from helping people clean out their carpets.
43. Boat Cleaning: Boats are very precious and expensive investments to their owners. Boat owners often need the services of cleaning professionals to help them clean out their boats.
44. Roof Cleaning: Who says the top of people’s roofs have to stay dirty? You can educate people on the importance of cleaning their roofs regularly especially the part where it promotes the lifespan of their roofs and then make a lot of money offering this service to them.
45. Gutter Cleaning: Gutter cleaning is also important for avoidance of erosion and the spread of germs and diseases. You can make good money from offering gutter cleaning services to home owners and commercial establishments.
46. Driveway Cleaning: Dirty driveways can be hazardous and can also promote the spread of germs. They can also be very unattractive. You can set up a business that helps people clean out their driveways.
47. Pool Cleaning: Pool cleaning is also a very essential and lucrative business for homeowners with pools. You can make good money from helping people clean out and disinfect their pools.
48. Kitchen Cleaning: You can make good money from helping people do a thorough cleaning on their kitchens especially washing the equipment, pots and floors so that the kitchens can look fresh, clean and shiny again.
49. Hotel Cleaning: Another lucrative cleaning business niche that can make you good money is setting up a hotel cleaning service. A lot of hotels prefer to outsource this service and cut their costs rather than hire their own cleaning staff and have to deal with pension and welfare packages which they have to offer to permanent staff.
50. Furniture Cleaning: Lastly, you can start a furniture cleaning and rejuvenation service to help people get their old furniture looking and smelling fresh again. This is also a very competitive business but with good marketing skills and top-notch services, you wouldn’t find it too hard to penetrate the market.